PDA

View Full Version : What is up with everyone being bald now?

BigDaddyCool
10-11-2004, 01:55 AM
And if not bald, just really short hair. First Angle, then Molly, Kane, Big Show, Test, Christian, JBL, Nash, even Jericho has shorter hair. I mean what the gay? Everyone is either bald or going that way.

Gouda
10-11-2004, 01:57 AM
HHH wants to be the only one with long hair. :shifty:

Hollywood Red
10-11-2004, 02:06 AM
Wrestling is a business dominated by men.

Many men suffer from baldness sooner or later. That explains Kurt and Big Show right there.

Test and Christian could've used some change, and it suits Christian well.

Molly's was just stupid... had it lead to her going crazy and looking for revenge on Vikki and maybe even winning the title eventually, yes... but that didn't go anywhere and so it was more or less just humiliating.

Kane looks scarier bald than I imagine he'd look with long hair and no mask... I think the real reason it was done though is they just REALLY wanted us to think he looked different without the mask. Over the years the mask covered less and less of his face and so when he finally lost it, had he kept the hair, I don't think it would've been as effective a visual impact.

Having the hair come with the mask really said "What the hell? This guy's a freak!"

JBL's suits him now, can't explain why he still did it while in the APA though.

BigDaddyCool
10-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Wrestling is a business dominated by men.

Many men suffer from baldness sooner or later. That explains Kurt and Big Show right there.

Test and Christian could've used some change, and it suits Christian well.

Molly's was just stupid... had it lead to her going crazy and looking for revenge on Vikki and maybe even winning the title eventually, yes... but that didn't go anywhere and so it was more or less just humiliating.

Kane looks scarier bald than I imagine he'd look with long hair and no mask... I think the real reason it was done though is they just REALLY wanted us to think he looked different without the mask. Over the years the mask covered less and less of his face and so when he finally lost it, had he kept the hair, I don't think it would've been as effective a visual impact.

Having the hair come with the mask really said "What the hell? This guy's a freak!"

JBL's suits him now, can't explain why he still did it while in the APA though.

Yeah but what about Jericho, smart ass.

Gouda
10-11-2004, 02:11 AM
Ok. Serious reply this time.

I think it's just because long hair is out. There are a few people who it still works for (Edge, Shawn, HHH, Jericho, Carlito :shifty: ) but for the majority I think it's just out of style.

Take Christian. I think he looks so much better with his short hair.

Hollywood Red
10-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Yeah but what about Jericho, smart ass.

He's had long hair his whole career, he wanted something different?

I grew my hair out for over a year, starting last June after grad parties (drunken mohawks for all the guys on the rugby team resulted in many buzzed heads around town that summer). I finally got it cut about a week ago and, at the time, it was down to my lips in front and a tad longer in the back.

More about me than you probably cared to know but I tell you this cuz I could've just let it grow but I looked in the mirror for a weeks and said "This doesn't suit me, it's hard to style, I kinda miss having short hair" and just made the decision.

People like to change it up.

Why all at once? Coincidence.

Happened before with Val Venis, Steven Richards and countless others.

Mayo
10-11-2004, 02:14 AM
You are getting bald too, BDC :p

BigDaddyCool
10-11-2004, 02:21 AM
You are getting bald too, BDC :p

Yeah, I know, I used to have long hair and a goatee and long sideburns, now all I got are the sideburns.....well and stubble cause I'm too lazy to shave just to go to college.

But still, I mainly made this about the shaven heads, (Kane...for the most part, Angle, Big Show, Maven, Prince Albert, Molly for like 2 minutes, either Bischoff or Eugene later this month, ect).

Innovator
10-11-2004, 02:30 AM
I think it just goes with the times. In the 80s when a lot of guys had long hair, wrestlers did also. Nowdays guys have short hair, so the wrestlers do as well.

asphyXy
10-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Long hair > short hair.

King Jericho
10-11-2004, 06:35 AM
Long hair > short hair.

Aussie Skier
10-11-2004, 06:53 AM
i would have short hair if i was a wrestler.

I mean, how much would it hurt getting pulled up off the canvas by ur hair!

Xero
10-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Hogan would look scary COMPLETELY bald... :shifty:

I was watching a bit of Heat last night (The first time in months), and noticed that Stevie has extremely long hair again...

Jericho better not get completely short hair, that's what gives him that "rock star" look... The shorter hair is okay, but not down like Christian's or Test's length...

Molly's was unnedded, but since she was doing out of respect for her mother I believe, I commend her for that...

As for the rest, it seems that long hair is out right now, and it actually looks good on most after you get used to it... The big guns (Hunter and HBK) wont get their hair cut, anytime soon anyway... I did notice that a few months ago, maybe a year ago, HBK had shorter hair, about Jericho's length... Then he grew it back out...

The Mackem
10-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Receeding hairlines come across really bad on TV.

Eunos
10-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Billy Gunn
Billy Kidman
Chuck Palumbo
3 other guys who seemed to cut their hair.

tucsonspeed6
10-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Long hair went out of style. Same as bell bottoms.

Gerard
10-11-2004, 12:01 PM
I was watching a bit of Heat last night (The first time in months), and noticed that Stevie has extremely long hair again...

Richards looks like a woman imo.

Just seems a lot of guys are starting to lose their hair, big show was going thin on top and getting a patch at the back (im in the same situation), angle was losing his hair so he got it shaved, kane does not look like hes going bald, just seems to be part of the character having it that way..although it does look retarded. Michaels as seen in that picture yesterday sems to be losing his hair at the front and sides as well, also noticable on the back when the hairs flopped up. Kidmans also geting a few patchy areas, more noticable with long hair, less with short hair. As for the rest it was either part of a storyline or they wanted a change in image.

Xero
10-11-2004, 12:14 PM
I think Kane was starting to go bald a few years before he lost his mask... I believe it's noticable at SummerSlam 2000, but I could be wrong...

Stickman
10-11-2004, 01:02 PM
I don't like the Bald look, the short look is pretty good, and some guys pull off the long hair look. It's all about preference.

Shawshank
10-11-2004, 01:49 PM
big show, angle & kane all look better bald than with hair, it just works for some people but do you think the ultimte warrior would have had the same effect if he was bald?

jake 'the snake' roberts was one of the best for his hair as he had a tache' to go with it, you see people your looking at this all wrong, its the disaperance of moustaches that im more worried about not the long hair!

Xero
10-11-2004, 01:54 PM
I dunno why, but I laughed at the thought of a bald Ultimate Warrior... Shaking the ropes... :rofl:

Sephiroth
10-11-2004, 01:56 PM
I know...it's like a new trend, being bald.

I'm shaving my head bald tomorrow. :shifty:

Gerard
10-11-2004, 02:42 PM
big show,

I disagree with the big show part, when he first came to wwe with the long hair sporting the "giant" look from wcw he looked a lot better i thought.

tucsonspeed6
10-11-2004, 04:14 PM
I think Kane was starting to go bald a few years before he lost his mask... I believe it's noticable at SummerSlam 2000, but I could be wrong...

Yeah. When he got the mask taken off the final time it was noticable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he actually had fake hair added to the mask to correct for it, because when he took the mask off some of his hair went with it.

Azriel
10-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Bad case of head lice?

Xero
10-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Yeah. When he got the mask taken off the final time it was noticable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he actually had fake hair added to the mask to correct for it, because when he took the mask off some of his hair went with it.
He did... He had the front part on his mask and the back part on his head... I hope he didnt just pull that hair out right then and there :shifty:

Gone Mad
10-11-2004, 05:14 PM
There's only one person to blame for all the short/ bald hair changes and his first name and last start with 'H' ... that's right ..

HURRICANE HELMS!

(...I've got nothing...)

Xero
10-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Thank God Taker's growing his hair back out again... The short hair doesnt fit the Deadman gimmick at all... Right now, it doesnt look great... It needs to be a few inches longer to get the real Deadman look... Maybe that's what they have been waiting for before turning him Ministry, or atleast out of Walker: Texas Taker...

Nah, that's too logical for the writing staff...

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
10-11-2004, 07:44 PM
This "out of style" crap is a load of bullshi</>t. You're right, they all look better with hair (or long hair for the guys that got it shorter). The only exception I can think of is Christian. But really, everybody is starting to look the same, especially with all these bald guys, which sucks.

Xero
10-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Could Vince be turning them into the Skinheads? :shifty:

thecc
10-11-2004, 09:27 PM
I dunno why, but I laughed at the thought of a bald Ultimate Warrior... Shaking the ropes... :rofl:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/thecc/baldwarrior.jpg
Yeah i know it's bad but its the best my ffriend could do.

MVP
10-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Don't forget Austin, he was balding fast when he joined WWE. Of course his gimmick wouldn't have worked if he still had long blonde hair.