PDA

View Full Version : For all you ECW fans

foodstampchamp
10-13-2004, 01:05 AM
GEORGIA WRESTLER ACCUSED OF STABBING OPPONENT 14 TIMES
By: Georgiann Makropoulos
10/12/2004 11:24:26 PM

Georgia wrestler accused of stabbing opponent 14 times

The Associated Press - JACKSONVILLE, Fla.

A professional wrestler from Georgia, accused of stabbing his opponent 14 times with a prop during a match, has been arrested on a charge of aggravated battery.

Both wrestlers in the local Thunder Wrestling Federation event told police the prop was brought in as part of what in wrestling is known as "hard-core," where it is not uncommon to see such props as knives, chains, bats and barbed wire.

The event's promoter said it wasn't supposed to be hard-core.

Police charged Jerome Young, 41, of Smyrna, Ga., who goes by the ring name of New Jack, with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. He was being held under $40,003 bond Tuesday in the Duval County Jail. A court appearance was set for Nov. 2.

Young told police he and his opponent, William Jason Lane, 37, of Fruit Cove, planned before the match to use a piece of metal to inflict some injury. Lane, treated and released at Shands Jacksonville hospital, told officers he wasn't sure what happened but that "this is a dangerous sport," according to a police report.

Lane did not want to talk about the incident Tuesday, but a woman who said she was his girlfriend told The Florida Times-Union that the event was supposed to be hard-core but not violent.

"It wasn't supposed to happen like that. But it did, and he got hurt pretty bad," said Meghan Hancock.

Promoter Maurice Williams said he doesn't promote hard-core. "We wrestle. You won't see any barbed wire bats and chains."

Williams said wrestlers will be checked closely before future bouts.

"There will be nothing ever coming near Thunder again," he said.

Witnesses, including a Brunswick, Ga., police officer who videotaped the match, said it looked like it went past a routine wrestling match. Another witness said it looked like one wrestler lost control when he thought the other was "intentionally trying to hurt him," according to the police report.

A fan scooped up the metal object, which has not been recovered by police.

Jail records Tuesday gave no information on Young's legal representation.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-13-2004, 01:47 AM
That promoter is a fuckin liar. You don't hire New Jack and expect wrestling. You understand what New Jack is about, everyone knows what New Jack is about, stop trying to cover your ass.

Innovator
10-13-2004, 03:44 AM
New Jack = shit going down

seriously, whens the last time New Jack did an armdrag. He runs in and beats the shit out of people. Period.

Boondock Saint
10-13-2004, 04:09 AM
Another witness said it looked like one wrestler lost control when he thought the other was "intentionally trying to hurt him," yeah well, that's New Jack for ya.

LK
10-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Wrestling and the name New Jack don't go together so teh promoter is clearly a f***ing liar.

tazmaster
10-13-2004, 06:12 AM
He was being held under $40,003 bond Tuesday in the Duval County Jail.

Because $40,000 would simply not be enough. :shifty:

Xero
10-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Since when is it "not uncommon" to use knives in matches :wtf:

KayfabeMan
10-13-2004, 08:39 AM
New Jack is crap.

Thank You.

SuperSlim
10-13-2004, 09:09 AM
New Jack and wrestling?

he screwed up when he signed New Jack.

KayfabeMan
10-13-2004, 08:17 PM
Also, just a little inside information about this situation.

One of the guys from TWF is New Jack's cousin / relative, and they have had him on their events several times before. I don't know if it is the promoter who is his relative, but I do know that it is the booker (I believe they might be one and the same in this situation).

For him to say that he didn't know what he'd do is complete shit. Also, many of TWF's workers are basically backyarders or a step up, so most of them are as big of a danger as he is.

BigDaddyCool
10-13-2004, 08:43 PM
I lover the bit aobu how a fan "scooped up" the objected.

The Answer
10-14-2004, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=foodstampchamp]

Lane did not want to talk about the incident Tuesday, but a woman who said she was his girlfriend told The Florida Times-Union that the event was supposed to be hard-core but not violent.
QUOTE]

:wtf: How can a hardcore match be non violent.Give me some of that crack :nono:

Xero
10-14-2004, 09:15 AM
:wtf: How can a hardcore match be non violent.Give me some of that crack :nono:
Well, if it's done by WWE, and their in a shitty mood, it'll become a joke match... :shifty:

What am I saying, WWE's always in shitty mood mode...

Mike the Metal Ed
10-14-2004, 09:25 AM
New Jack is an idiot, I'm surprised anyone would book him these days.

Ferocious
10-14-2004, 09:17 PM
The booker obviously didn't notice the Mass Transit Incident on New Jacks resume. :shifty: