PDA

View Full Version : Rate The Tag Team Day 3- The Hardy Boyz

Splaya
10-14-2004, 10:24 AM
the Hardy Boys were one of the most electric tag teams to ever grace our television sets. They were intrroduced by Michael "Freebird" Hayes in the early 2000's and although they did not have the mic skills they did have the high flying abilities to take other teams down. Unfortunately, the high fliers were subject to change between 2002-2003. Jeff Hardy would end up being terminated due to a drug problem and Matt Hardy was pushed on Smackdown! Matt would be pushed to the uppercard with his Mattitude followers Shannon Moore and Crash Holly (RIP). Unfortunately Matt Hardy would be moved to the Raw brand and forced to be reunited with Lita, and then be in the ridiculous Kane/Lita/Matt Hardy love triangle. Jeff took some time off but is now at the compant TNA but is already unhappy with his position.

The Hardyz had many career highlights. They revolutionized the Ladder match the way Shawn Michaels did at WM10. They along with Edge and Christian and the Dudley's helped pave the way for the TLC matches. To my knowledge they never actually won any of these ladder matches.

Here is how I want the tag team's to be raated. There has to be a set amount of stats, not just the 4, 7,7,4 crap.

Mic Skills
Overused/Underused (If they were overused, then their score should be a little bit lower):
In Ring ability:
How over the tag team was:
Politics:
Work Rate:

Start the voting ladies and gents. Can I get a mod to sticky this as well???

Rate the Tag Team/Stable Leaderboard
1. Edge and Christian- 9.25
2. Too Cool- 6.1

HankScorpio
10-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Blah!!! they had their moments I guess, but when these moments happened it nust've been off my TV set. A generous 7 (only because everyone loved the TLC matches).

V-1-ahhhhh is way better off without Jeff.

Splaya
10-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Blah!!! they had their moments I guess, but when these moments happened it nust've been off my TV set. A generous 7 (only because everyone loved the TLC matches).

V-1-ahhhhh is way better off without Jeff.
Ok but in the future please try to follow the way I want the point system outlined :'(

SuperSlim
10-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Well aren't you the demanding one? anyway I guess I'll follow suit this time

Mic Skills: as a team 6
Overused/Underused : Overused, always Hardys vs. Dudleys I got sick of it after like the twelth time they went against each other in a tables match for the tag straps
In Ring ability: as a team 9
How over the tag team was: 8
Politics: n/a
Work Rate: 9

overall avg.: 8

Shaner
10-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Mic Skills:6
Overused/Underused:8 (they were used as much as they should)
In Ring ability: 9 (they were a great tag team and had great chemistry)
How over the tag team was: 10
Politics:7
Work Rate: 9 (they usually worked there ass off)

Mayo
10-14-2004, 10:44 AM
LOL I don't really see the point of a rating system, since if someone wants to rate them badly, they'll just modify the rating... oh well.

Mic Skills: 6
Overused/Underused (If they were overused, then their score should be a little bit lower): 8
In Ring ability:8.7
How over the tag team was:10
Politics:9 (as far as I know)
Work Rate: 8 (would have been 10, but Jeff became pretty shitty later on)

V
10-14-2004, 10:50 AM
Mic Skills: as a team 10
Overused/Underused :neither
In Ring ability: 10
Work Rate: 10

overall: 10

sorry but they are my favourite tag team of all time

Splaya
10-14-2004, 10:57 AM
LOL I don't really see the point of a rating system, since if someone wants to rate them badly, they'll just modify the rating... oh well.

No, your just trying to find something to argue with me about :mad:

Hardkore Kidd J
10-14-2004, 11:36 AM

Jorgha
10-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Mic Skills: 7.5 ~ They were ok. It took them a while to warm up to the mic but never said anything witty like The Rock, or Christian/Edge or Jeircho.
Overused/Underused:9. They were used well, but I too was sick of the Hardys vs. the Dudlys. That got old.

LK
10-14-2004, 12:43 PM

HankScorpio
10-14-2004, 12:53 PM
in the future please try to follow the way I want the point system outlined :'(

I don't think people are listening

The Fugitive
10-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Mic Skills: N/A. Never heard any of their mic work together.
Overused/Underused: Probably overused, but that's because they were one of the most popular tag teams.
In Ring ability: 10. They put on
How over the tag team was: 10.
Politics: Never heard anything bad so... 10.
Work Rate: 8. I feel they started slacking off after a while, maybe it was just Jeff.

Total: 9.5

KayfabeMan
10-14-2004, 01:52 PM
I never listen - 9.

I agree most with Shaner's ratings.

Final Score: 9

John la Rock
10-14-2004, 03:12 PM

gelled together so good in the ring, and came uo HUGE in big name matches (TLC, Ladder, Table, etc)

only thing that brings them down is their lack of mic skills

Shawshank
10-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Mic Skills 7
Overused/Underused (If they were overused, then their score should be a little bit lower): 6.5
How over the tag team was: 9
Politics:8
Work Rate:10

:)

Shawshank
10-14-2004, 03:21 PM
are you just sticking with these 3 teams are are you going to continue ?

how about doing one for these teams? :

the bushwackers
demolition
legion of doom

Savio
10-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Whoa splaya this was way soon. Props for takin it though.
------------
Politics: N/A
Work Rate: ???
Over with me: 5

Final: 8.5ish

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Sorry, but I really don't feel like writing out all those little scores, but I will use that in my decision. I'd give them an 8. I really like Matt Hardy, and Jeff Hardy added that little bit of energy to the team. They showed what happens when a team gets an over valet, and how taking unnecissary bumps can get people over. They had some classic matches, but nothing too technical so I give their wrestling ability together a 9. They were interesting and credible, though, so that allows them a decent 8.

GODSON
10-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Who would of ever thought that Jeff Hardy will main event a major ppv and go for the World title while Matt is injured again.

9 because they had multiple classic matches, they had great chemistry. They were over like a mother.

Head
10-14-2004, 06:33 PM
This'll run out pretty quickly.

Also, tag team chemistry, probably the most important aspect of tag team wrestling, was left off your scale.

Anyhow, I'd give the Hardyz a 3.9.

FakeLaser
10-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Mic Skills: 5 (10 for Matt, 0 for Jeff)
Overused/Underused: 5
In Ring ability: 5
How over the tag team was: 9
Politics: 9
Overall: 7

I hated them as a team for most of the run too. Weird.

loopydate
10-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Mic Skills: Matt's not on par with The Rock or Kurt Angle, but able to get across the required information. 7 for him. Jeff was high-energy, but little to no vocal charisma for a 4. Average 5.5

Overused/Underused: Depends on the year. Up until about 1998, underused. At the turn of the century, used almost perfectly. Post-TLC up until Jeff left, overused. 7

In Ring ability: Matt can fly, can mat wrestle, can brawl 8.5. Jeff could fly 6. Average 7.25

How over the tag team was: 10 Most popular tag team of that era.

Politics: Used a bit of it to turn an opportunity in a DX music video into a big-time spot in the tag division, but never abused it. If Jeff is ever welcomed back with open arms, we'll see, but for now 9 for being on pretty good behavior.

Work Rate: Matt is always willing to do the job, even if it's detrimental to his character. Puts on exciting matches against anyone. 9.5. Jeff got lazy in the later years and his non-gimmick matches became almost unwatchable. 5.5. Average 7.5.

Total Score: 7.7

Mister Sinister
10-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Um.....I'll just post my score here.

8.7 I'm a Huge Hardy Mark...Still ^_^

Imagi-Nation
10-15-2004, 07:12 AM
Mic Skills: 10
Overused/Underused :neither
In Ring ability: 10 (best tag team ever)
How over the tag team was: 10 (one of most popular tag teams ever)
Work Rate: 10

overall: 10

They are my favourite tag team of all time.
So many memories.

Aussie Skier
10-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Mic Skills: 5
Overused/Underused: 8
In Ring ability:10
Politics: -
Work Rate: 8

Shadow
10-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Frell the scoring system!