PDA

View Full Version : Who should be switched after WM21?

BasicThuganomics
10-18-2004, 09:15 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that the WWE is probably going to do another draft after WM21 like they did this year. It is the easiest way to shake things up and create fresh fueds. Basically I wanna know who should be traded between RAW and Smackdown after WM21.

I think HHH should go to Smackdown because he has dominated pretty much everyone on RAW for too long.

Kurt Angle would be a great addition to RAW IMO because we know he can have great fueds with Benoit and Jericho. And honestly, I think that an Angle/HBK match would be incredible.

those are the two main people I think should be switched.

If HHH went to SD I wouldn't mind seeing Batista go with him.

I think Jericho would also work on SD since that roster doesn't have many credible main event faces. But not if HHH were on SD already.

To be honest I can't think of anything else right now. I'll post more later.

Anyone else feel free to give your ideas....

Savio
10-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Kurt, Eddie and cen move to Raw
HHH, Bastista, and Kane go to SD!
(Kane wins world title from SD! champ)

The Cerebral Assassin
10-18-2004, 10:07 PM
15 to SmackDown!

1. Chris Benoit
2. The Hurricane
3. Tajiri
5. Shawn Michaels
6. Randy Orton
7. Steven Richards
8. Edge
9. Shelton Benjamin
10. Val Venis
11. Chris Jericho
12. Rhyno
13. Christian
14. Kane
15. Matt Hardy

15 to RAW

1. JBL
2. Orlando Jordan
3. Dawn Marie
4. Jackie Gayda
5. Hiroko
6. Kenzo Suzuki
7. Mark Jindrak
8. Luther Reigns
9. Torrie Wilson
10. Carlito
11. D-Von Dudley
12. Bubba Ray Dudley
13. Danny Basham
14. Doug Basham
15. Heidenreich

How's that?!?

The Answer
10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
15 to SmackDown!

1. Chris Benoit
2. The Hurricane
3. Tajiri
5. Shawn Michaels
6. Randy Orton
7. Steven Richards
8. Edge
9. Shelton Benjamin
10. Val Venis
11. Chris Jericho
12. Rhyno
13. Christian
14. Kane
15. Matt Hardy

15 to RAW

1. JBL
2. Orlando Jordan
3. Dawn Marie
4. Jackie Gayda
5. Hiroko
6. Kenzo Suzuki
7. Mark Jindrak
8. Luther Reigns
9. Torrie Wilson
10. Carlito
11. D-Von Dudley
12. Bubba Ray Dudley
13. Danny Basham
14. Doug Basham
15. Heidenreich

How's that?!?

So Raw gets the crap and Smackdown gets the stars :n:

The CyNick
10-19-2004, 01:00 AM
I think they need to consider some new angle where they can have guys switch shows 4-6 times a year. Looking at the past 2 years with the split, its clear to me that they dont have enough top guys over, and as a result they cant come up with compelling new programs. This will become even more obvious if and when they add more PPVs. They haven't/dont have enough programs to cover the 14 PPVs this year, and I doubt they will have enough for the (minimum) 15 next year.

Maybe just do something simple like having more trades. Or just have guys show up on the other show and say "my contract was up, so I jumped ship".

If they do the same thing as last year and just have the one draft lottery after Mania, the one guy who I'd like to see move is HBK to SD and Taker to RAW. I think thats a fair trade in terms of name value, and they both work limited schedules, so it would work out in that respect. It would save us from any future RAW PPVs headlined by HBK-HHH, and would open up the possibility of matches like HBK-Eddie and HBK-Angle, which are both programs I'd pay a lot of money to see.

But even if they were to do that, its limited because say on RAW with HHH as champ, you'll still only have one new opponent (Taker) and the rest of the guys (Benoit, Orton, Kane, etc) by then we will have seen a hundred times. Like I said, I really think they need to move guys more often or else they will kill their PPV business.

Boondock Saint
10-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Remember when the split first started and people like Eddie (with the IC belt) and Benoit randomly jumped to SD and Test, Christian, Jericho, and Lance Storm all jumped to RAW AND took the tag belts with them. That was sweet stuff. They need to go back to that type of thing IMO, "unfreeze the rosters" if you will.

I don't mean have people jumping every other week. Just enough here and there, every once in a while, to make it entertaining and hopefully surprising each time. And of course make it so it can open up new storylines and matches we haven't seen yet. When people like Val Venis and Rodney Mack jumped over it made no difference.

Boondock Saint
10-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Or remember during that summer when HHH went to RAW to demand a title shot from Taker even after he lost some sort of #1 contender's match on SD? I don't remember how it went exactly but I thought that kind of stuff was pretty exciting.

The CyNick
10-19-2004, 01:20 AM
The thing I dont like is that they make everything so structured.

RAW and Nitro didn't have "roster freezes", you'd just see guys jump back and forth with no warning (well, unless you were on the 'net). But this would be even better because its not like these guys would have actual contracts that could run out in x number of months, it would be just a decision at a booking meeting, and would be less likely to get out on the 'net. I'm sure major changes would, but not all of them.

I just think it would be much cooler if you turn on SD one week and all of a sudden Chris Jericho or HBK shows up, or you watch RAW, lights go out, and Taker's music pops up. It would recreate the sense of "anything can happen" that they are sorely missing. Of course, its like anything else, if you do it too much and too often it becomes stale, but they could find creative ways to switch guys up. Sometimes it would be a major trade (could be worked out at a dual brand PPV), or just a guy showing up to challenge a guy from the other show. They need to get more creative.

Boondock Saint
10-19-2004, 01:21 AM
Exactly. That's how I had pictured Nitro being after Vince bought it and had kept Nitro going somehow. Say you were watching it one night and out of no where Jericho's countdown starts or Austin's glass shatters. That would have been wicked awesome.

Aussie Skier
10-19-2004, 02:12 AM
From Raw to Smackdown:
The Hurricane - Needs to be with the cruiserweights
Garrison Cade - needs a change of scene
Test - desperatly needs a change of scene (but is still injured)
Maven - He'd get a great chance on Smackdown, US title etc...
Val Venis - I'd say that trading Cena is worth two guys, and Val and Maven would be good to go over to Smackdown

From Smackdown to Raw:
John Cena - His style is to scaled down on UPN, he will have more freedom on Spike.
Heidenreich - I think after the undertaker thing, they won't have much left for him.
Chavo Guerrero - It'll be forever Eddie-Chavo if he stays on Smackdown. he is quite big, so I think he could fit into Raw's style and wrestle medium sized guys (Matt Hardy, Christian, Benoit, HBK etc...)

Aussie Skier
10-19-2004, 02:14 AM
I think they need to consider some new angle where they can have guys switch shows 4-6 times a year. Looking at the past 2 years with the split, its clear to me that they dont have enough top guys over, and as a result they cant come up with compelling new programs. This will become even more obvious if and when they add more PPVs. They haven't/dont have enough programs to cover the 14 PPVs this year, and I doubt they will have enough for the (minimum) 15 next year.

Maybe just do something simple like having more trades. Or just have guys show up on the other show and say "my contract was up, so I jumped ship".

If they do the same thing as last year and just have the one draft lottery after Mania, the one guy who I'd like to see move is HBK to SD and Taker to RAW. I think thats a fair trade in terms of name value, and they both work limited schedules, so it would work out in that respect. It would save us from any future RAW PPVs headlined by HBK-HHH, and would open up the possibility of matches like HBK-Eddie and HBK-Angle, which are both programs I'd pay a lot of money to see.

But even if they were to do that, its limited because say on RAW with HHH as champ, you'll still only have one new opponent (Taker) and the rest of the guys (Benoit, Orton, Kane, etc) by then we will have seen a hundred times. Like I said, I really think they need to move guys more often or else they will kill their PPV business.

Basically, I just don't think you can have Kane and Undertaker on the same roster.
HBK to Smackdown would be ok. But it just seems like he'd be a big fis over there...i have feeling he'd become the HHH of Smackdown

BigDaddyCool
10-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Well, before we really talk about roster switches, we need another thinning out of the top roster. Like Taker needs to finally retire, same with Flair, just have him manage or something, and Micheals should go to a more manager type role too. Which opens up 3 new top spots.

Then from there, they need to re-organize the rosters so that each brand has like 5 "locked in" superstars, with 1 being a main eventer, 2 prominate mid carders, and one tag team. (Raw would be like HHH, the franchise player, Orton and Benjiman mid carders, and then have like La Restitance as the franchise tag team). Then everyone else would be free agents. Give both companys a "salary cap." And from there, let them trade what not. Then naturally Raw would get the divas looking for the women's championship. Smackdown would naturally get cruiserwieghts looking for that title.

That is just a thought. Maybe 7 locked in super stars might work too. Then after like each Wrestlemainia have the locked in contract expire, so they have a chance to be flip flopped or offered to other key wrestlers.

I would think that would be the best way to shake things up every so often (for story line purposes) with out being chaotic.

Pepsi Man
10-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Or remember during that summer when HHH went to RAW to demand a title shot from Taker even after he lost some sort of #1 contender's match on SD? I don't remember how it went exactly but I thought that kind of stuff was pretty exciting.
Actually, it was Triple H vs. Undertaker for Number One Contendership to the WWE Undisputed Title in 2002. Undertaker got screwed out of the match, but Stephanie took Undisputed Champion Brock Lesnar and made him SmackDown! exclusive anyway, so instead of Bischoff choosing the Number One Contender, Steph got to choose it on SmackDown!, and Undertaker joined.

Then, Bischoff gave Triple H the "World Heavyweight Title" for winning that match.

Boondock Saint
10-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Ah I see. Thanks

Favre4Ever
10-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Triple H and Kurt need to switch. Triple H would kind of be the Brock Lesnar replacement, and Kurt could hae some crazy feuds with gus on RAW.

Batista is close to becoming a watchable singles wrestler so keep him on RAW, but i'd keep Flair as his manager though.

Big Show and Kane could switch. This could end Kane/Lita/Snitsky and Kane and the Undertakers paths could cross once more. And Big Show could re-unite with the A-Train and be great compitition for a newly reformed Edge and Christian.

BungeeWithNoCord
10-19-2004, 04:28 PM
15 to SmackDown!

1. Chris Benoit
2. The Hurricane
3. Tajiri
5. Shawn Michaels
6. Randy Orton
7. Steven Richards
8. Edge
9. Shelton Benjamin
10. Val Venis
11. Chris Jericho
12. Rhyno
13. Christian
14. Kane
15. Matt Hardy

15 to RAW

1. JBL
2. Orlando Jordan
3. Dawn Marie
4. Jackie Gayda
5. Hiroko
6. Kenzo Suzuki
7. Mark Jindrak
8. Luther Reigns
9. Torrie Wilson
10. Carlito
11. D-Von Dudley
12. Bubba Ray Dudley
13. Danny Basham
14. Doug Basham
15. Heidenreich

How's that?!?

your basically trading roster for roster exept for any major stars on SD

Mr. Nerfect
10-19-2004, 06:44 PM
I often toy around with the idea of either a complete redraft (with the Cruiserweight division ending up on RAW, and the Women's division ending up on SmackDown!), or another ten guys to RAW, ten guys to SmackDown! thing. I really think the rosters need a few adjustments. Here is my list, and how I would change the rosters. This would happen probably directly after Taboo Tuesday (I'll do the remaining five another time):

RAW to SmackDown!
1. Shawn Michaels
There are so many possibilities for him on SmackDown!. He can feud with Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak, Rey Mysterio, John Cena, The Bashams, etc.

2. The Hurricane
The cruiserweight division needs a few iconic faces to be recognised more. If you have Paul London, Spike Dudley, Scotty 2 Hotty, Funaki, Akio, Nunzio, Ultimo Dragon & Rey Mysterio, you have a very diverse array of cruiserweights. The Hurricane could only add to that.

3. Randy Orton
Just when he starts building momentum against Triple H & Evolution, by costing The Game the World Heavyweight Championship, Orton gets moved to SmackDown!. He could lead his own "Revolution" stable on Smackers, and could really get over as a young, cocky, arrogant face extremely well. If you have him win the Royal Rumble, or have the GMs "strike a deal" with each other to let one of their talents challenge for the opposing brand's heavyweight championship, you can have the Randy Orton vs. Triple H blowoff.

4. Garrison Cade
I would love to see this guy moved to SmackDown! and play the babyface role as HBK's sidekick. This lasts less than a night though, as "H.B. Cade" turns on HBK in a tag team match against Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak. Garrison then cuts off Michaels hair (hopefully Shawn would be willing to give his student these huge honours, and an nod into credibility), and gets a ladder and delivers a Flying Elbow onto his mentor. Garrison Cade & Mark Jindrak are now reunited as a main event tag team.

5. Chris Jericho
Swap the IC Title for the US Title, and really have it become iconic on SmackDown!. Jericho makes a great mid-card champion, just because he can make it look worth something, and can work matches with his eyes shut. I would love to see a Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho IC Title match.

SmackDown! to RAW
1. The Big Show
A fair trade for HBK. I think it would be interesting to have these guys meet up backstage at SmackDown! or RAW and have it revealed they are being traded for each other. HBK could then approach Big Show and make a deal with him. HBK makes sure to give Kurt Angle and co. Hell, if Big Show agrees to give Evolution Hell. TBS agrees and we have a new babyface on eithe rbrand to freshen up the main event scene on RAW, and the entire show on SmackDown!.

2. Danny Basham
There isn't much to do for the Bashams as a tag team anymore. I think it woul dbe best if they do what they originally were going to do, and have Danny go to RAW as "Damaja". Maybe Heyman could manage him? A feud with Rhyno would be entertaining as Hell.

3. Billy Kidman
I think they are moving Kidman away from the Cruiserweight Division. This means the sky is the limit for Billy Kidman. With Orton gone from RAW, it leaves a slot in the mid-card for Billy Kidman. Maybe a role in Evolution? Kidman could remain on SmackDown! and feud with Y2J, but I think we could see a RAW's Billy Kidman vs. SmackDown!'s Paul London at WrestleMania 21 if the WWE plays their cards right.

4. Rene Dupree
Why not? I feel Dupree has become dependant on tag teams, so why not move him back to RAW and give him that fresh start he needs, and have him lead La Resistance. Actually, why not have William Regal lead the stable, and change its name to "The Regime" or something of the like? There are endless possibilities for Dupree, he just needs to find his niche, which at this time appears to be tag team suckling.

5. Carlito Caribbean Cool
With Shawn Michaels, Garrison Cade, Randy Orton and his faces, etc. leading SmackDown!, CCC gets pushed down to lower SmackDown!/Velocity. This is a no-no, so why not have him go to RAW in time for New Year's Revolution, and have him become a solid US Champion on RAW? I can see Evolution offering him a spot, only for Carlito Caribbean Cool to decline as they are not cool. I can see CCC going anywhere at the moment, so I don't think a change of brands would hurt him in the slightest.

Loose Cannon
10-19-2004, 06:48 PM
The thing I dont like is that they make everything so structured.

RAW and Nitro didn't have "roster freezes", you'd just see guys jump back and forth with no warning (well, unless you were on the 'net). But this would be even better because its not like these guys would have actual contracts that could run out in x number of months, it would be just a decision at a booking meeting, and would be less likely to get out on the 'net. I'm sure major changes would, but not all of them.

I just think it would be much cooler if you turn on SD one week and all of a sudden Chris Jericho or HBK shows up, or you watch RAW, lights go out, and Taker's music pops up. It would recreate the sense of "anything can happen" that they are sorely missing. Of course, its like anything else, if you do it too much and too often it becomes stale, but they could find creative ways to switch guys up. Sometimes it would be a major trade (could be worked out at a dual brand PPV), or just a guy showing up to challenge a guy from the other show. They need to get more creative.

BINGO. YOU just hit that right on the money on what they have to do. That's exactly the storyline they need to do right now and I smiling just thinking of what they could do with that.