PDA

View Full Version : What is so great about La Resistance?

Pennywise The Clown
10-19-2004, 03:53 AM
I mean really, what is so great about them? They've done nothing overly impressive...I mean whoopie they defeated makeshift tag teams & Rosey and Hurricane 500 times. Who cares? Slyvain sucks as a worker and he is godawful on the mic. Rob is the only bright spot in the team and he is taking a back seat to Slyvain and his god awful singing.

And what is with their allegiance to Quebec? Really, who is actually stupid enough to be proud of being from Quebec? I sure as hell wouldn't. Come on, how many winners are from Quebec? Look at the Quebec Nordiques, they realized how awful Quebec was so they packed up their shit and moved to Colorado. Now the AVALANCHE is actually having success as a team. And now look at the Montreal Expos, most people in Quebec are probably too stupid to realize what baseball is, so the organization got tired of playing in front of idiots and got the hell out of town.

Give me Renee Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki over La Boredistance anyday. Now all they need is Frenchy Martin and then I can call La Resistance total SHIT.

Tazz Dan
10-19-2004, 04:01 AM
Mate, I'm not from Quebec, so don't jump down my throat, but SHUT THE FUCK UP! :foc:

Pennywise The Clown
10-19-2004, 04:02 AM
Mate, I'm not from Quebec, so don't jump down my throat, but SHUT THE FUCK UP! :foc:

This is coming from someone with the name "tazz_dan," wow did you come up with that name all by yourself?

Dave Youell
10-19-2004, 04:10 AM
Umm they are the only Tag Team right now with an actual name and that wear the same stuff

Kapoutman
10-19-2004, 04:11 AM
Let's see...

Sylvain is a great worker, but his style does not shine in WWE. I saw him a couple of times on indy shows, and his moveset was great. Sylvain also gets tons of heat alone with his singing/mic skills, so he must be doing something right. Rob Conway is also great. This guy is a great technical wrestler if he gets the chance to show it. The allegiance to Quebec is just because the "Boo France because they didn't want to go to war" bit was tired. Queebc is the major French speaking place in America, so it only made sense to move them there if they still wanted the French speaking gimmick.

On your other points, well, the Nordiques moved out of Quebec moved out of there because the owner was an asshole who didn't care about his fans. He sold the team as soon as he saw the millions of dollars offered to him. The Expos are leaving Montreal because everybody knows what baseball is, but nobody cares. Montreal is a hockey city, so baseball never stood a chance. Also, being owned by assholes after assholes, and then having their fate decided by Bud Selig didn't help their cause.

I hope that answers your questions.

Transplant
10-19-2004, 04:26 AM
Hey Scotty, that god awful singing is called a gimmick.

Funky Fly
10-19-2004, 04:37 AM
Nothing up my left sleeve...

Nothing up my right sleeve...

But with a little mod magic, this topic is magically closed.