PDA

View Full Version : I laugh at Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning

road doggy dogg
10-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Ben Roethlisberger > both

As much as I <3 Roy Williams, "Big Ben" should easily be the offensive rookie of the year.

el fregadero
10-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Pittsburgh has some pretty good receivers, probably making him look better than he actually is.

road doggy dogg
10-19-2004, 04:05 PM
True, but he's making great reads, and he avoids pressure really good. Even without the great receivers, he's making good plays before he gets rid of the ball. He's a pretty big guy too :mad:

el fregadero
10-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I'm just looking for something agaisnt him though. :o

Also, Roy Williams can still be the NFC rookie of the year.

Gertner
10-19-2004, 04:17 PM
It's only week 6

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-19-2004, 11:04 PM
It's only week 6
Yea, even though I think Big Ben will eventually end up being the best out of this bunch, you can't really say that for sure now. I mean, Rivers wasn't even camp at all, and Manning hasn't been given a chance to play yet. If Maddox wasn't hurt then you'd be laughing at all of them because Roy Williams would be the "run away" canidate for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Wait to see what happens when Manning or Rivers catches a break like Rothlisberger, and then see what happens

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Also, Roy Williams can still be the NFC rookie of the year.
There's an Offensive Rookie, and a Defensive Rookie of the Year. I don't think they break it down, and give one offensive player, and one defensive player from both conferences it though. I think theres just one offensive/defensive rookie of the year throughout the entire league, it would be kinda ridiculous if they were giving out 4 rookie awards.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-19-2004, 11:17 PM
I can't stand Rivers, I know his father (coach at our school). Kid has an ego the size of a mountain.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Michael Clayton getting overlooked here

Gonzo
10-19-2004, 11:21 PM
You can't even say that given the fact that the other two haven't played for their teams yet in a regular season game.

RoXer
10-19-2004, 11:26 PM
lARRY fITZGERALD (i HOPE)

RoXer
10-19-2004, 11:27 PM
caps

road doggy dogg
10-19-2004, 11:28 PM
I don't know, I think the whole not playing at all yet 7 weeks into the season does more to hurt their chances of being RotY than it does to help it. Maybe that's just me though.

And yeah, Clayton's looking good too. So is Steven Jackson. Roethlisberger is playing hotttt though :mad:

Gonzo
10-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Ben definitely is playing spectacular. RotY in my opinion as well.

You definitely can't consider Eli or Phillip RotY canadates but you can't really say they are worse or better than Ben. :-\

BCWWF
10-20-2004, 12:06 AM
I was very surprised and quite impressed when I found out that the Steelers were 4-1. I like Rothlesburger in the Steeler uni, but for some reason everybody on Around the Horn sold him. We'll see I guess.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-20-2004, 12:44 AM
I don't know, I think the whole not playing at all yet 7 weeks into the season does more to hurt their chances of being RotY than it does to help it. Maybe that's just me though.
Oh yea, Rookie of the Year you are right about that, I wasn't really talking about that. I was talking about more important things, like down the road or whatever.

Rivers and Manning def. will not be winning Rookie of the Year, but I don't think either of their teams where really planning for that anyways.

The Outlaw
10-20-2004, 01:53 AM
I can't stand Rivers, I know his father (coach at our school). Kid has an ego the size of a mountain.
Rivers is the man. I thought his dad coached in 'Bama? :?:

The Highlander
10-20-2004, 03:36 AM
As probably the biggest (Or at least one of the biggest, I'm not sure how many Stillers fans there are here) Steelers fan at the board (and anyone who knows me at TXF or the former TM boards can confirm I'm no bandwagon guy), I am seriously hoping Big Ben Ruthless wins the rookie of the year, but the game against the Patsies will show how well we do this year....which may not be a good thing.

BabyHugger
10-20-2004, 03:47 AM
Shutup RDD, he is not related to Peyton Manning, end of story. Also unblock me you vagina.