PDA

View Full Version : Does the WWE have something against Canada?

VonErich Lives
10-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Benoit, born in Canada, but now enters "Now residing in Georgia"

Now Y2J... "Born in New York"

Have they been doing that for awhile? or did it just start last night? (I normally tive and fast fwd, so don't listen to the intros).

LK
10-20-2004, 12:19 PM
It's been going on for quite a while. I think as far back as WM 20.

Mike the Metal Ed
10-20-2004, 12:19 PM
They've been doing it for a while, Vince is under the impression Canadians can't draw as faces in the US.

Mayo
10-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Yep, Vince is a certified retard. Jericho, Benoit, even Trish would get big pops being announced from Canada. I doubt it makes a difference to marks, and definitely not to smarks, so its pretty dumb I think.

jerichoholic169
10-20-2004, 01:15 PM
well seen as grenier mangles that anthem every night...i'd guess so. it isnt the french anthem is it?

Azriel
10-20-2004, 01:28 PM
personally, I think they should just eliminate that statistic all together. What's it there for anyway, really?

Iceman90
10-20-2004, 05:27 PM
well seen as grenier mangles that anthem every night...i'd guess so. it isnt the french anthem is it?

It is the Canadian Anthem, in French.

Funky Fly
10-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Yep, in Quebec they sing the original Canadian anthem, the French one.

V
10-20-2004, 06:42 PM
personally, I think they should just eliminate that statistic all together. What's it there for anyway, really?

i'd say mostly for hometown pops

tucsonspeed6
10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Yep...you've hit the nail right on the head there. That's why Raw hasn't been in the St. Louis area for like 8 years. They need that extra time to taunt the good people of Montreal by going there 4 times a year and forcing them to wear themselves out bitching about their "You screwed Bret"s and whatnot. Vince is pure evil I tells ya! Pure EVIL.

BigDaddyCool
10-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Yep...you've hit the nail right on the head there. That's why Raw hasn't been in the St. Louis area for like 8 years. They need that extra time to taunt the good people of Montreal by going there 4 times a year and forcing them to wear themselves out bitching about their "You screwed Bret"s and whatnot. Vince is pure evil I tells ya! Pure EVIL.

St. Louis smells bad anyways. BTW, KC probably won't see Raw there for like 5 years.

Also what the hell is up with Springfield, MO getting more WWE vistits a year than St. Louis and KC combined?

tucsonspeed6
10-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Exactly. I think the topic of this thread should be: Does the WWE have something against real cities with large populations? I think Vince feels more at home in trailer parks, so he goes to the cities with the most ones.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
10-21-2004, 12:48 PM
<embed src=http://www.thenationalanthems.com/inninazionali/canada.mid autostart=false>