PDA

View Full Version : French or Gay?

BigDaddyCool
10-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Now that La Reistance has lost the titles, how long will the team be around before going off to Sunday night Heat and then OVW, and then fired?

CosaNostra
10-20-2004, 06:20 PM
French or Gay?
There is a difference? :p

BigDaddyCool
10-20-2004, 06:20 PM
There is a difference? :p

According to John Bluejeans there is.

Mr. Nerfect
10-20-2004, 06:27 PM
I think we might see a split in La Resistance soon. Sure they are the only tag team, but if my instincts are right, we may see Edge & Christian get awarded the World Tag Team Championship, as Eric Bischoff could either use Edge's Triple Threat win, or his lead in the polls, and Benoit's determination not to work with Edge in a team, to strip Benoit of the championship with Edge, and crown E & C as eight time champions together.

I think La Resistance will either play hitmen for Bischoff, have a tag team feud with William Regal & Eugene Dinsmore/Rhyno & Tajiri or split up and have a mini-feud, which could end in a Survivor Series Elimination Match at SS.

Funky Fly
10-20-2004, 06:29 PM
They are the only real tag team on Raw. Now that there is only one guy with both tag titles, this is a chance to make a lot of permanent tag teams who are all after Benoit.

BigDaddyCool
10-20-2004, 06:33 PM
They are the only real tag team on Raw. Now that there is only one guy with both tag titles, this is a chance to make a lot of permanent tag teams who are all after Benoit.

Flair and Batista as part of evolution....

addy2hotty
10-20-2004, 07:08 PM

Yeah, I like that idea. Benoit could face a succession of tag-teams as a one-man champ, bringing a shred of credibility back to the titles. The scene on Raw needs something to kickstart it, a main eventer battling as a one man team would do that I think.

Rain Man
10-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Might wanna put a little spoiler note on the title.

BigDaddyCool
10-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Might wanna put a little spoiler note on the title.

It isn't a spoiler jackass, the ppv was last night. And if you didn't see or read about the ppv already, why are you here?

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2004, 04:02 AM
Does anyone else think that Val Venis & Gene Snitsky would make a great tag team? William Regal & Eugene Dinsmore, Rhyno & Tajiri, The Hurricane & Rosey, Shelton Benjamin & Rodney Mack, La Resistance, Ric Flair & Batista, Val Venis & Gene Snitsky, Edge & Christian and Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit.

It looks like an alright division to me.

Aussie Skier
10-21-2004, 04:46 AM

I dunno, there are a few tag teams:
Rhyno and Tajiri
Hurricane and Rosey
La resistance
Eugene and William Regal

I find it funny, since WM21, where 8 tag teams wrestled, who is still around?
Too Cool - Rikishi gone
APA - Bradsaw turned, Farooq gone
WGTT - Shelton brand switch
Bashams - velocity
RVD and Booker - booker turned, both brand switched
Garrison and Jindrak - Jindrak brand split
Dudleyz - brand split, still together
La Resistance (i think) - still together.

Only 2 out of 8 are still together on the same brand! :eek:

DaveWadding
10-21-2004, 05:01 AM
Shelton Benjamin & Rodney Mack
No. Fuck No.

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2004, 05:37 AM
No. Fuck No.

I've heard they were quite good as a tag team. If worse comes to worse.

Lara Emily
10-21-2004, 06:16 AM
I think we might see a split in La Resistance soon. Sure they are the only tag team, but if my instincts are right, we may see Edge & Christian get awarded the World Tag Team Championship, as Eric Bischoff could either use Edge's Triple Threat win, or his lead in the polls, and Benoit's determination not to work with Edge in a team, to strip Benoit of the championship with Edge, and crown E & C as eight time champions together.

Why do your ideas almost always suck and half the time make little realistic sense?

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Why do your ideas almost always suck and half the time make little realistic sense?

It's unrealsitic how? Edge & Christian are both heels on RAW, both have heat with HBK, both have a great history as a tag team together, and they could rebuold the tag team division together. Eric Bischoff is the heel, who realistically would want to throw his weight around now he's got control of RAW? How is that scenario unrealistic? Because Chris Benoit doesn't come off looking like the second coming becomming a one-man team?

And if my ideas "suck" you can disagree with them. Feel free to contribute how you see the tag division being rebuilt. Your opinion is welcome, as is mine, so stop whining.

Lara Emily
10-21-2004, 06:29 AM
It's unrealsitic how? Edge & Christian are both heels on RAW, both have heat with HBK, both have a great history as a tag team together, and they could rebuold the tag team division together. Eric Bischoff is the heel, who realistically would want to throw his weight around now he's got control of RAW? How is that scenario unrealistic? Because Chris Benoit doesn't come off looking like the second coming becomming a one-man team?

And if my ideas "suck" you can disagree with them. Feel free to contribute how you see the tag division being rebuilt. Your opinion is welcome, as is mine, so stop whining.
Because random stripping of the titles devalue already worthless titles even more. An E&C reunion needs to be done better than just Hi I'm Edge the heel, here's my new tag champion Christian. Last time I checked Edge walked out on Benoit stroyline wise, thus he has little claim to the belts.

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2004, 07:04 AM
Because random stripping of the titles devalue already worthless titles even more. An E&C reunion needs to be done better than just Hi I'm Edge the heel, here's my new tag champion Christian. Last time I checked Edge walked out on Benoit stroyline wise, thus he has little claim to the belts.

I agree with you there, Edge does have little claim to the belts, but if you have a heel GM storyline-wise, and you have a tag team that doesn't really want to be a tag team, who would be thebetter choice for new champions storyline-wise?

And I agree with you, E&C shouldn't be just slapped together, but why not use their shared hatred for Benoit & HBK as a tool to drive them together? Benoit & HBK have been "taking the spotlight" away from Edge & Christian for a long time. Recently Edge/Christian has been obsessed with how they are superior, and how they deserve the spotlight. If you have Edge come out and take the World Tag Team Championship belts, then have HBK come out and cut a promo about how Edge is nothing but a selfish...BAM! Have Christian nail him with a steel chair. Then proceed to either have Edge & Christian injure HBK together (signifying the reunion), or just have an E&C staredown. JR & Jerry Lawler can fill us in on how Christian has his problems with HBK, and how he feels he should be in any position HBK has ever laid claim to. This is more of a "tease" route.

Edge & Christian vs. Shawn Michaels & Chris Benoit has potential to be a classic down the road. Who knows? Maybe we could see a Ladder Match further down the track (if Edge is willing to do one).

The only thing you said that I don't agree with is how the title swap would damage the titles. A one-man champion would, IMO. By having Benoit stripped of the title he single-handedly won would do several things. It wold paint Benoit as one Hell of a worker (as if we didn't already know that). It paints out just who the good guys and bad guys are in a feud (something most of them should do very decisively, which this one does). It gives the tag division a boost, and Benoit a pupose where he isn't gonig to be buried wrecklessly.

I think when you read my post you just assumed Edge picked Christian as his partner out of thin air. This wouldn't be the case. There would be a purpose behind the pairing and a rational reason for their reunion.

BigDaddyCool
10-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey, take this argument over to the Tag Team debate, this thread is about how long La Resistance will last.

Boondock Saint
10-21-2004, 12:41 PM
They've lost the tagtitles before, I'm sure they'll get them back.

Pennywise The Clown
10-21-2004, 03:24 PM
I hope Grenier is fired and Conway sticks around and befriends Eugene.

Eunos
10-21-2004, 04:07 PM
For gods sake shut up about reteaming Edge and Christian.

yes they were a good team but putting them back together will do neither any favours.

and Las res are a good team so keep them together.

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2004, 06:18 PM
For gods sake shut up about reteaming Edge and Christian.

yes they were a good team but putting them back together will do neither any favours.

and Las res are a good team so keep them together.

Other than give them storyline deveoplement and giving them a division centered around on them? In the long run, it may not be something we will put onto DVD, but at least its something.

Anyway, I'm sorry for that off-topic discussion. My feelings on La resistance is that both are very talented. If the WWE doesn't want to keep them around together, though, I'd have Sylvain go to SmackDown! and team with Kenzo Suzuki & Rene Dupree as a rekindled version of La Resistance. COnway can then move up to either join Evolution, or feud with Shawn Michaels (which would be a GREAT feud).