PDA

View Full Version : Taboo Tuesday Attendance

Jonster
10-22-2004, 01:37 PM
From the headlines page:

* Early reports show that the paid attendance at yesterday’s Taboo Tuesday PPV was around 3,800-4,000.

Is it me, or does that sound really low?

Sickboy
10-22-2004, 01:45 PM
It's just you... :shifty:

Rob
10-22-2004, 02:07 PM
That's bad news big time.

Loose Cannon
10-22-2004, 02:27 PM
HAHA. Did you really expect anything different? You put it on Tuesday Night, right in the middle of the baseball playoffs and other prime time shows that most people, who are very loyal to thier shows, will watch. People are not going to spend $30 to watch a WWE PPV that they could of saw for free the night before. Cause, let's face it, it's the same exact thing. You think getting people to vote for the matches will draw an audience? Nope.

People are smart, they knew nothing Great would happen on that PPV and they were right. Nothing great happened. HHH still walked away with the Belt like he does more then half the PPV's he wrestlers on.

Splaya
10-22-2004, 02:37 PM
See that's why I watched TT at Buffalo Wild wings :)

And let me tell you it was so boring :mad:

SuperSlim
10-22-2004, 03:02 PM
did ya eat any wings?

Rob
10-22-2004, 04:04 PM
HAHA. Did you really expect anything different? You put it on Tuesday Night, right in the middle of the baseball playoffs and other prime time shows that most people, who are very loyal to thier shows, will watch. People are not going to spend $30 to watch a WWE PPV that they could of saw for free the night before. Cause, let's face it, it's the same exact thing. You think getting people to vote for the matches will draw an audience? Nope.

People are smart, they knew nothing Great would happen on that PPV and they were right. Nothing great happened. HHH still walked away with the Belt like he does more then half the PPV's he wrestlers on.

I think history has proven that wrestling fans wil stick with wrestling regardless as long as it's good. There has never been a direct influence/connection with baseball or American football audiences and wrestling. A couple of years back, wrestling went head to head with the Yankees in the world series and it didn't effect wrestling.

As for people being smart, I have it from an extremely reliable source that had Benoit won the voting or had Michaels been injury free, HHH was droppiing the title on the PPV.

Loose Cannon
10-22-2004, 04:52 PM
^^I heard that too, but I just can't believe it anymore. They should have put Benoit in there instead of HBK even if they had to rig the vote or something. Then have Benoit get the Title. If would have been better because it would have been unexpected. HHH walking out the Champion again is assumed all the time and so people won't pay. Especially when it's not your normal PPV like that was. Just my opinion.

DaveWadding
10-22-2004, 06:00 PM
there was nothing very "Taboo" about it.

Corkscrewed
10-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Vince is gonna blame this on the internet fans. :'(

MVP
10-22-2004, 06:13 PM
^Or somehow find a way to blame it on Eddie.

Aussie Skier
10-22-2004, 06:31 PM
The biggest problem with taboo tuesday is that so many top performers didnt wrestle.

Batista, Christian, Regal, Rhyno, Tajiri, Hurricane.
and yet, all these guys have been on Raw reguarly for the past month.

they should have had a number 1 contenders battle royal match for the IC title on the next week of raw (or something), so these guys could have also wrestled. I have alot of work on so i didnt order it, but if i didnt have alot of work on, and the battle royal idea was gonna happen, then i would have ordered it probably

Dave Youell
10-22-2004, 07:28 PM
As for people being smart, I have it from an extremely reliable source that had Benoit won the voting or had Michaels been injury free, HHH was droppiing the title on the PPV.

Rob,

Please don't take this the wrong way because I like you, but.

This isn't the first time you've had sources that have said something is going to happen and within the past 2 years I can't say i've seen one of them come true.

A way to prove this would be the fact that Benoit could start up a programme with Benoit as of the next Raw and job it at the next PPV, i mean they are bound to have a back up if the voting didn't work the way they wanted right?

If not what was the plan after HHH dropped the belt, it's a given that the main event at Mania 21 will be HHH/Orton, that will be for the belt, it makes no sense to have Orton get the belt before Mania and for trips to drop it last Tuesday only to regain it again with the next 2 months although predictable, would be doubtful in this case I feel.

Can you see where i'm coming with this?

The Mackem
10-22-2004, 08:23 PM
4000 live? That sounds really low. How much do they average now for a Smackdown/Raw show?

The CyNick
10-22-2004, 09:37 PM
RAW tapings average slightly more than SD in general, I dont recall the exact figures though. One of the guys who get the Observer should be able to answer that one.

I think Tuesday is a slightly tougher night to sell tickets, but again its like the TV ratings its all lame excuses. When WWE was hot they were selling 10,000 tickets to every show regardless of what day of the week it was on and regardless of what other sporting events were going on.

Back to the attendance, for a PPV thats really low, and its lower than the average SD taping does. Also, they did a big press conference in Milwaukee which they dont generally do for the brand exclusive shows, and when you consider all the promotion for the show, there's no way to look at this other than being a huge disappointment.

As for the title switch, I figured they would do a World Title switch without any reliable sources. Its just a logical move. They built this up as the PPV where the fans make the calls, so why not end it off with a babyface title switch? They have nothing of interest lined up for Survivor Series with the belt, so why not do a quick change, and then change it back at SurvSer or the PPV in Puerto Rico.

But for me, and Ive said this a thousand times, and I'll say it a thousand more, a World Title change on RAW means nothing to me. We all know who will get it back and then lose it again, and then get it back. So, for me I care more about the Womens Title changing hands than I do the Heavyweight Championship of the HHH.

Mr. Nerfect
10-22-2004, 09:57 PM
A title chance was very predictable, but keeping th etitle of Triple H was typical. They think changing the World Tag Team Championship makes up for that. I would have had them rig the voting, and have benoit take the title from Triple H (with maybe interference from Pat Patterson, just for us to mark out), or have HBK admit he can't beat Triple H in his current state, so he gives his votes to Benoit, which immediately sets up Benoit & HBK for respective feuds with Edge. This could have been done after Benoit & Edge won the World Tag Team Championship, so we're exactly where we are now, but with a new World Heavyweight Champion, and a reason for fans that didn't bother with the PPV to buy it on DVD.