PDA

View Full Version : If you could...

Mr. JL
10-24-2004, 09:38 PM
If TNA could steal one talent from the WWE and you had the final say on which WWE wrestler would join TNA who would you choose?

Remember you are looking for a superstar who would draw attention to the company and sadly in-ring ability does not mean too much to the casual viewers,, so choose wisely.

Then again, if you added a great in-ring talent just think of the match possibilities you could have in a six sided ring with no WWE limitations put upon you. ANd you could draw that way.

It can be anyone from Triple H to Funaki. Go!

Mister Sinister
10-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Easily....Chris Jericho

McLegend
10-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero

They have been screwed by the WWE so why not.

Ferocious
10-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Kurt Angle, Amazing worker, Massive draw, Simply the best WWE have to offer right now.

Funky Fly
10-24-2004, 09:59 PM
The Undertaker.

TNA could use him for drawing power, and then later to build stars.

Mr. JL
10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
I would easily pick RVD. Could have been huge shit in the WWF back in 2001 and could be huge shit for TNA in 2005 when his contract expires.

RVD V. Styles
RVD V. Raven
RVD V. Lynn

endless possibilities for great matchups

V
10-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Triple H, it would save the WWE, i could care less about TNA

i'd also make it so that Triple H has some sort of return clause after a few months so that Vince finally realizes he was one of the major problems, and Triple H gets used to not geting everything he wants at TNA

redoneja
10-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Without a doubt it would be Randy Orton. Think about the long-term. This man is the next Shawn Michaels, the next Triple H, the next Ric Flair, the next Rock, and maybe just maybe, he'll be good enough to be the next Bret Hart :yes:

The CyNick
10-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Anyone who doesn't say The Rock is just plain wrong.

I'd say you could argue Austin, but he's too hurt to work, so he's not a great option in my book.

But yeah, its The Rock. He's the biggest star in pro wrestling, he's probably got the most charisma of anyone in wrestling history and he's got some pretty good skills between the ropes. On top of all that he's easy to deal with in terms of doing JOBs and stuff like that.

Aussie Skier
10-25-2004, 12:25 AM
hmmmm.

The rock would be great, but, i guess he's not really an option.

Possibly Rey Mysterio? or Chris Jericho.

but then i've seen SFA of tna so what would i know

John la Rock
10-25-2004, 01:35 AM
The Rock or a healthy Austin

V
10-25-2004, 02:16 AM
Without a doubt it would be Randy Orton. Think about the long-term. This man is the next Shawn Michaels, the next Triple H, the next Ric Flair, the next Rock, and maybe just maybe, he'll be good enough to be the next Bret Hart :yes:

he's not "the next" anybody, he's RANDY FUCKING ORTON

edit: This is deserving of my 800th post!

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2004, 02:17 AM
I'm not going to count The Rock, simply because he's making movies. I'm leaning towards Shawn Michaels at the moment. Michaels has great ring skills, great promo skills, great drawing skills, and could have great matches with almost anyone in the company.

LK
10-25-2004, 05:12 AM
RVD

tucsonspeed6
10-25-2004, 11:42 AM
HHH. Him and Jarret together would turn the place to shit and all of the good wrestlers would leave and the whole stinking ship would sink with the rats aboard. Then the good wrestlers would come to WWE, (and Hardy would probably come too...meh) and we'd be free of HHH. Then Kurt Angle would take over and we'd all curse a new name for the next ten years.

123 kid
10-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Booker T. He is well known, he can still put on great matches, and the WWE doesn't really use him right. The Rock definitely would be the best to give TNA some recognition, but I want the rock to stay with the WWE and return to the ring. I don't get to see TNA so if the rock went there I wouldn't see him :'(
So for me; Booker T
But truthfully: The Rock

Loose Cannon
10-25-2004, 12:26 PM
There is only like 4 names who should even be considered.

Rock
Taker
Austin
HHH

I would go with Rock for the sole fact that he's big inside and outside of wrestling.

BigDaddyCool
10-25-2004, 01:05 PM
No one WWE superstar can do anything for NWA-TNA. You would need a handful. Also, Rock, HHH, Austin, and Taker are way to big for NWA. As much as you all don't want to believe it, size does matter in wrestling, and Austin, Rock, HHH, and Taker are all guys. I'm guessing the average TNA guy is about 6 foot, 230, while HHH (the guy who could make the biggest impact) is 6'4" 260. Besides for maybe Nash and Jeff Jarrett, everyone else would look scrawny and weak compared to him. While I do understand that TNA's audience is "smarter" than WWE, they want to start drawing WWE fans away. And you can't do that by having some jerkoff A.J. Styles dominating a guy like HHH.

All that being said, the best one guy they could get in Brock Lesnar. Just let him dominate everyone, and have Jarrett trying to keep away from him, forever. Then after months of build up, Brock destroy Jarrett and bam new TNA champ, only to have Goldberg come out and spear Brock in the middle of the ring, and continue the fued from WWE. That would easily be the biggest draw. While doing that, they could promote their gay X-Division, and build their own starts while Goldberg and Brock are putting asses in the seats and getting people to buy the ppvs.

Oh, and then after a bit, get someone like Chris Daniels to go over Goldberg so the belt can move freely between the smaller guys.

Loose Cannon
10-25-2004, 02:22 PM
^^Yeah, but your're looking at this just like who's best for the comapny "wrestling" wise. You can't do that with a promotion like TNA. They need "names," not great wrestlers. If Rock joined TNA, that would create a buzz, not just around the wrestling world, but outside the wrestling world too. I could see it maybe creating a buzz with Brock because of Football, but Brock has no charisma at all. TNA needs someone who could talk and go out and do promotional things and other marketing stuff. Rock is perfect.

But it will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER happen, so it's just a dream really.

Shaggy
10-25-2004, 02:53 PM
The Rock would be a good guess. Well thats if he stopped making movies for a second. If TNA could get them and then say something like a major superstar who has recently left WWE will appear right after he is done with his new movie, then that event would probably get the biggest ratings in TNA history.

BigDaddyCool
10-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Acctaully, now that I think about it, Shelton Benjiam would be a perfect fit for TNA, but it would only mean something if he left right now and showed up with the IC belt on his waist. But not as "I just quit WWE and I'm throwing away their title," but instead "I'm from WWE, and their IC title, their second rung title is better than NWA's World title (or whatever it is called)." And he got in a big fued with Jarrett. It would be awesome if WWE loaned Shelton for such a purpose, and I could see how it would spark something for both companies.