PDA

View Full Version : So I guess Orton is gonna win the Rumble this year?

Shaggy
10-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Since Orton didnt defeat Flair on monday it was said that he cant challenge Triple H for the title anymore. Well word going around was that it was gonna be Trips Vs Orton at Mania this year. I guess that means the only way around that little rule thing is if Orton wins the Rumble.

welshladbaz
10-28-2004, 11:29 AM
or trips drops the title, then orton wins it off whoever defeats trips.

Splaya
10-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Trips will not, and I repeat, will not go into the Mania main event without the title.

Of course his bitch ran the show on Monday and he got his ass kicked so ya never know.

GODSON
10-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Well, it's between Orton and Taker. Since the winner of the rumble will most likely be in the main event, am picking Taker to win it all. Orton and HHH already main event a ppv and Raw had WM 20 main event. I know Taker and Angle is no where near being confirm but am predicting Taker vs.Angle for the main event because it's the bigger match.

Cena might win the Rumble and we might see Angle vs.Cena in the main event, who knows?

welshladbaz
10-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Trips will not, and I repeat, will not go into the Mania main event without the title.

Of course his bitch ran the show on Monday and he got his ass kicked so ya never know.

thing is though trips has main evented how many of the past few manias?

16,17,18,19,20 and probably 21, you could say 17 he didnt but he was against the taker.

still think hbk or edge will be champion before mania.

Splaya
10-28-2004, 11:46 AM
FOR THE LAST TIME HBK IS OUT WITH A KNEE INJURY :mad:

GODSON
10-28-2004, 11:54 AM
thing is though trips has main evented how many of the past few manias?

16,17,18,19,20 and probably 21, you could say 17 he didnt but he was against the taker.

still think hbk or edge will be champion before mania.

At 19, he was in the World title match but did not main event and Brock vs.Angle,Rock vs.Austin,HBK vs.Jericho and Vince vs.Hogan dominated that mania.

welshladbaz
10-28-2004, 11:56 AM
still champion in the event though, its only be what 17 where he enter or leave as champion.

123 kid
10-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Orton is a possibility to win the rumble, but it more likely to be Cena. It just seems to be the wat to push him to the top.

Dave Youell
10-28-2004, 12:04 PM
SPOILERS!!!!

ASSHOLE

Splaya
10-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey Youell, how long is HBK out for?

BigDaddyCool
10-28-2004, 12:40 PM
SPOILERS!!!!

ASSHOLE

There is no spoiler here, it is speculation, dumb ass.

Afterlife
10-28-2004, 12:46 PM
The Rumble is my fave ppv, but nobody who I want ever wins it. So I don't care. :P

Disturbed316
10-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Mania 21 main event (in theory) should be the WWE title, so it looks like a Smackdown guy is going to win it this year.

welshladbaz
10-28-2004, 01:51 PM
so in theory it should be a cena/angle main event then, with maybe taker against booker as the other big match from smackdown.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
10-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Nah Orton will win 2005s Royal Rumble, Chris Benoit won this years

welshladbaz
10-28-2004, 03:06 PM
i have a conspiracy theory, austin will return and give orton a title shot against trips thus leaving the rumble open for someone else to win.

RemyRed
10-28-2004, 04:28 PM
It'll either be Taker, Angle, (depending on which one of them are champion at the time) or Orton that wins the Rumble. But since Orton isn't supposed to be getting a title shot again the Rumble is his last chance (like Benoit last year, talk about reruns) so I think he'll win it. Both Kurt Angle and the Undertaker want to face each other at WM and most likely they'll get their wish.

123 kid
10-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Cena's gonna win it? It just seems like he will, he'll make his big return, win the rumble, win the title at WM21, and there you have it - John Cena - Main Eventer.
We know the title is gonna end up on Cena one day anyway, it just seems like WM21 will be the time.

welshladbaz
10-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Cena's gonna win it? It just seems like he will, he'll make his big return, win the rumble, win the title at WM21, and there you have it - John Cena - Main Eventer.
We know the title is gonna end up on Cena one day anyway, it just seems like WM21 will be the time.

like the thinking behind that because im sure they want angle/cena feuding for the title.

just as an outside bet could someone like shelton win it just to give him that extra push again, or even jericho.

MVP
10-28-2004, 05:13 PM
There is no spoiler here, it is speculation, dumb ass.It's a spoiler cause Raw isn't on until tomorrow in the UK, and it gave away the result to a match.

MVP
10-28-2004, 05:15 PM
I will bet Orton will win the Rumble even though his babyface push has sucked balls. He's the only guy that Triple H really helped make into a star in the past few years.

nelioneil
10-28-2004, 05:20 PM
I pray that a hell wins the Royal Rumble, just to add to the unpredictability. The 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 have all been won by faces. :rant:

The Naitch
10-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Oh well, I guess we wont be seeing Orton vs Cena at Wrestlemania

Angle vs Taker? Will that even draw?

John la Rock
10-28-2004, 07:10 PM
I think Jericho vs HHH would be awesome. Although they did main-event Wrestlemania X8 and the match sucked ass, mostly because Trips was still rusty from coming back from injury

McLegend
10-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Oh well, I guess we wont be seeing Orton vs Cena at Wrestlemania

Angle vs Taker? Will that even draw?
I don't know if it will draw, but the last time they had match it was great.

BigDaddyCool
10-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Orton sucks.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2004, 06:48 AM
But still, even if Orton wins the Rumble, he can't face Triple H for the title. My bet is Orton either costs Triple H the title to a face like Benoit or HBK, and Edge comes back and feuds with them. Triple H and Orton then have a personal feud leading up to Mania. Or we may see Orton go to SmackDown!, then maybe Orton vs. Triple H at WrestleMania in an interpromotional match.

big_bluto
10-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Orton is gonna win the rumble.
Cena will go straight into the main event against whoever is the Smackdown champ.
WM22 will see Cena holding the title going into it, with Orton facing HHH for the RAW title.

One of the more obvious storylines they've ever come up with.

WM23 will have Orton v Cena in the main event. Might see if I can put a bet on that now......

Eunos
10-29-2004, 11:25 AM
The Rumble is next year.. Not this Year :p

The CyNick
10-29-2004, 09:27 PM
I would think Cena would be a safer play, since he's far more over and they've done this whole injury angle with him.

But Hunter will likely want to go on last again, so that means Orton is the best bet to win.

But I've been saying for a while that I could see Hunter taking a backseat since this Mania is likely to tank.

But I can see both Taker and Orotn being nixed form the ME picture at Mania. On RAW, Orton is not really that over, and we'll see how TT does, but if it tanks, that will be two PPVs headlined by Orton that will have done poor business. Similarly with Taker on SD, ratings have been going up since he was taken out of the main event picture.

The more i think of it, the more I think this is the year they should pull the trigger on a Unification of the World Titles.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2004, 09:34 PM
I would think Cena would be a safer play, since he's far more over and they've done this whole injury angle with him.

But Hunter will likely want to go on last again, so that means Orton is the best bet to win.

But I've been saying for a while that I could see Hunter taking a backseat since this Mania is likely to tank.

But I can see both Taker and Orotn being nixed form the ME picture at Mania. On RAW, Orton is not really that over, and we'll see how TT does, but if it tanks, that will be two PPVs headlined by Orton that will have done poor business. Similarly with Taker on SD, ratings have been going up since he was taken out of the main event picture.

The more i think of it, the more I think this is the year they should pull the trigger on a Unification of the World Titles.

I don't know why, but I can really see myself enjoying a John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Triple H match. No doubt it would probably be Triple H vs. Booker T (which Trips would win) or something to do with Orton/Taker/Trips/Angle in a Fatal Fourway. I would amrk out for some kind of Vengeance thing done again, with the winner of the World Heavyweight Championship facing the winner of the WWE Championship to unify the championships.

The CyNick
10-29-2004, 09:40 PM
I dont know what match would work. Honestly, JBL vs anyone in a unification doesn't interest me. I mean I'll defend Bradshaw for being entertaining, but there's something wrong about him headlining Mania.

In a perfect world they'd do either Benoit-Guerrero or Benoit-Angle. Benoit-Eddie would be cool bceause they could play off how Mania ended last year, leading to this match for both titles.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2004, 10:06 PM
I dont know what match would work. Honestly, JBL vs anyone in a unification doesn't interest me. I mean I'll defend Bradshaw for being entertaining, but there's something wrong about him headlining Mania.

In a perfect world they'd do either Benoit-Guerrero or Benoit-Angle. Benoit-Eddie would be cool bceause they could play off how Mania ended last year, leading to this match for both titles.

Yeah, you're right, but I can definately see JBL entering the PPV with a title. Maybe we could see JBL vs. Guerrero (vs. Angle vs. Taker maybe) for the WWE Championship and Triple H vs. Benoit (vs. Michaels vs. Orton or The Rock) for the World Heavyweight Championship. The have Eddie Guerrero win the WWE Championship for the second time, and Benoit also win the World Heavyweight Championship for the second time. Then have Benoit win the second version of the WWE Undisputed Championship. Have him appear on both brands with both titles.

Now he is a question, should we see Chris Benoit carry both championships seperately, and defend them as if they were completely seperate championships. Under this scenario, you can have three possible ways of handling this. You can have the titles unrestricted by the brands (so he can defend the WWE Championship on RAW, and the World Heavyweight Championship on SmackDown! and vice versa). You can have the titles remain trademarks of each brand, and have Benoit respresent them respectably. So Benoit vs. JBL for the WWE Championship would be a feud on SD! and Benoit vs. Triple H would be for the World Heavyweight Championship on RAW.

The third option is to have it depend on the champion. Benoit could decide to make all his matches for both heavyweight champions, claiming that if he loses a match, he deserves to lose everything to his name other than his reputation. You could have Triple H only defend the World Heavyweight Championship on RAW, and the WWE Championship on SmackDown!, and you could have JBL have respective feuds for both titles on each brand. In nay of these scenarios, you have both titles remain seperate, and an active part of the WWE's title histories, you just have them both around the shoulders of one wrestler as of WrestleMania 21 until he loses one or both.

The other option is to have both titles desolved together to create a new title. This "universal" title would be a composition of the WWE Championship, WCW Championship and World Heavyweight Championship. Chris Benoit would then travel between both brands with a different belt, which would be a new championship whose champion represents all three heavyweight titles. I htink this could really raise the criteria as to who the WWE puts into the main event position. I would certainly be more careful about taking a risk with who becomes a "Grand Heavyweight Champion", and I think guys like JBL and Booker T may be deflected a lot more as challengers, and guys would have longer reigns with the belt. I can see the little screen thingo that pops up before a title match having all three championships surrounding the name of the belt (which I have no idea as to what it should be), and it would definately give each title match a more "epic" feeling.

The CyNick
10-29-2004, 10:20 PM
I would just call it the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion and have the champ cross between both shows.

They should go back to 1 PPV per month, and then during RAW brand PPVs, the champ tours with RAW (could occasionally show up on SD during this period) and vice versa for a SD PPV month.

It just creates a clear focus, and I think having one clear champ will increase the chances of a new star getting over.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2004, 10:32 PM
I would just call it the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion and have the champ cross between both shows.

They should go back to 1 PPV per month, and then during RAW brand PPVs, the champ tours with RAW (could occasionally show up on SD during this period) and vice versa for a SD PPV month.

It just creates a clear focus, and I think having one clear champ will increase the chances of a new star getting over.

Sounds good.

Jan: Royal Rumble (Both)
Feb: No Way Out (SmackDown!)
March: WrestleMania (Both)
April: Backlash (RAW)
May: Judgment Day (SD!)
June: Bad Blood (RAW)
July: The Great American Bash (SD!)
August: Summerslam (Both)
September: Unforgiven (RAW)
October: Halloween Havoc (SD!, change the name just to embrace WCW culture a bit)
November: Survivor Series (Both)
December: Armageddon/Starrcade (RAW, I can see them changing the name as well)

I would probably make No Mercy/Halloween Havoc and Armageddon/Starrcade interactive, and maybe have a few PPVs each year for each brand held live in another country. I would probably fly down to Sydney (from Brisbane) just to see Summerslam in Australia (which is of course winter here, but I can see the WWE announcers telling everyone around the world how the presence and atmosphere have heated up the continent).