PDA

View Full Version : Manager Ideas

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2004, 06:30 AM
I think one thing the WWE has been lacking lately is a team of good managers. Paul Heyman & Miss Jackie are seriosuly the only talent that we see attached to talent. I really think the WWE should add a few more to their roster, because the presence of a manager made the wrestler feel important to us, gives them a mouthpiece, or a gimmick to milk off. I was just wondering what everyone here thought of the lack of managers in today's WWE scene.

I would be happy if Dean Malenko became an "independant" manager, and accompanied Molly Holly and a cruiserweight wrestler on SmackDown! to the ring. I can see Malenko having three wrestlers on RAW, three on SmackDown!, and at a PPV where all the talent comes under one roof, we could see a one night stable form under Malenko. Who wouldn't love to see Dean Malenko supporting his student Molly Holly on RAW or working as the manager for his two gems Carlito Caribbean Cool & Jesus Aguilera on SmackDown!?

I wouldn't also see Kenny "The King" Bolin called up from OVW to work in a manager role. On RAW he could get some heat, feuding with someone Jerry Lawler may sponsor. The WWE can build up a "Bolin Services" tournament, with the winner of the match getting the services of Kenny "The King" Bolin. I could even see Bolin working with JBL, due to him leeching of the highest payer.

Jerome Croney could play a psychiatrist type role with the WWE. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Gene Snitsky paired together.

Al Snow could lend himself to the winner fo the Tough Enough 4 tournament (since he is no longer wrestling). We could see Tommy Dreamer or the Brooklyn Brawler holding a Hardcore Battle Royal to decide who should get the honours of being their client.

Maybe Bob Orton Jr. may serve as his son's manager for a while. He wouldn't even need ot be on TV all the time, JR & King can just make references to it after it's been established on TV.

Shane McMahon could work as the manager for Chris Benoit again. Carmella could join Evolution. Christy could become obsessed with Christian, and finally get a job working under him. Jonathan Coachman can use his powers as Eric Bischoff's right hand man to give Rodney Mack, Jazz & Chuck Palumbo a few opportunities. Bill DeMott can accompany his "old friend" Chavo Guerrero to ringside. Stephanie McMahon can use her family connections to give a client some benefits. Dawn Marie can reveal her Italian roots and become the valet of The FBI. Morris can be called up from OVW to serve Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki drinks.

I just feel the role of the manager is becomming extinct, and I feel it should be restored soon. Not an overkill, just certain guys trying to help younger guys, or professional managers selling their services to people willing to buy it, and maybe a few Paul Heyman's client (Wrestler A) vs. Kenny Bolin's client (Wrestler B) in a match which will decide which manager will get to manage Wrestler C.

Thriller
11-01-2004, 09:00 AM
I like the Idea of coach as a manger as well as Dawn with FBI one person id love to see back is Don "Cyrus"Callis

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2004, 04:42 PM
I like the Idea of coach as a manger as well as Dawn with FBI one person id love to see back is Don "Cyrus"Callis

Cyrus would be great. Tazz is another idea for a manager. When his client is in trouble, they simply throw him outside in front of the announce table and Tazz locks in the Tazzmission.