PDA

View Full Version : ....Is it time? **RAW Spoilers**

Mr. Marcus
11-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Well, having just watched a RAW that had me as entertained as any of '98, something is different.

Three to four weeks ago we saw Pat Patterson voice his opionion on the state of RAW, and then resigned. Everyone in the company knew that was a major blow to management.

Today we all heard of the releases of Test, A-Train and Billy Gunn.

Tonight, we watched Edge turn into the mega-heel that we knew he could be, but was lacking and seemingly in limbo for the past two years.

Also tonight, we seen new debuts on RAW and they both entertained, and shocked us. We also seen a glimpse of the super-bitch that Trish can be, and entertaining as well.

And to top of this bizzare RAW, we were treated to somewhat of a surprise ending. As in, we don't see that often.

Vince sat by and watched his self-built ship sink before his eyes, as he seemed to effortlessly try to save it. Even though this was only one RAW, I ask the question; Can Vince do it again?

RAW created a spark tonight, in my opinion. Can they pull it together?

Boondock Saint
11-02-2004, 01:22 AM
MR. MARCUS

Yes, I think if they have what it takes, but it means being willing to take chances with certain people. Also, it means issuing an equally entertaining product on Smackdown.

RP
11-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Edge's heel run may be key. It could be big. But its really up to edge honestly. He's set up to have a one on one with Benoit and the way things are going with Benoit. Edge will probably win. That could spell a future title run. Could be big. Then again. I thought Sean Ohaires gimmick would be big. Thx Creative writing team.

John la Rock
11-02-2004, 02:07 AM
Fuck Sean O'Haire the man had no talent to began with.

Edge is the man :y: Heel turn = World Title Reign :love:

Shaggy
11-02-2004, 02:28 AM
I like how they are taking a chance with Maven now. Ive been a fan of him and was sad to see his first push end with him being injured. Seeing him being pushed now makes me think there is hope and that they arent just gonna end this at the ppv.

Yes tonight was probably one of the best nights of Raw in a while. I cant wait to see if they can do it again.

John la Rock
11-02-2004, 02:40 AM
Maven will flop. guaranteed. He needs like at least 5 more years of experience to hang with guys like HHH and Y2J

Corkscrewed
11-02-2004, 05:20 AM
.....and HHH wasn't really on the show. Says something, doesn't it?? :D

Mr. Nerfect
11-02-2004, 05:43 AM
.....and HHH wasn't really on the show. Says something, doesn't it?? :D

I really like it that the WWE may have listened a bit to Pat Patterson. I would love to see the faces win at Survivor Series, and then have Chris Jericho suspend Triple H for 30 days (or however long Eric Bischoff is gone for). This can also be used to explain the title away from Triple H (using the 30 day stipulation), then you can have Randy Orton, Triple H, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Batista, etc. feud for the title headed into a big match at New Year's Revolution.

Volchok
11-02-2004, 02:09 PM
so Triple H really was the cancer infecting Raw? and bisch was right.. HHH is nothing without the world title...

Mr. JL
11-02-2004, 02:34 PM
I thought Simon Dean was very insulting if those first two people he made fun of were not plants. People do not want to go to a wrestling show to be insulted in front of thousands of people and millions of people watching at home. I thought that was just fucking LOW.

V
11-02-2004, 02:57 PM
yeah raw was great this week, hope it's the same next week

Innovator
11-02-2004, 03:04 PM
things are getting interesting now, sweetness

Innovator
11-02-2004, 03:04 PM
also, give Maven a fucking chance. This is his first real time to shine, lets see if he can hang with the best.

Blue Demon
11-02-2004, 03:07 PM
I thought Simon Dean was very insulting if those first two people he made fun of were not plants. People do not want to go to a wrestling show to be insulted in front of thousands of people and millions of people watching at home. I thought that was just fucking LOW.
On one hand, yues it was low...but the guy is supposed to be a heel...so by insulting the fans in that way wouldn't you hate the guy if he did that to you? and not just that but even if it wasn't you, you'd hate the guy....that's what they want.

And yes, RAW was very good this week.

Hardkore Kidd J
11-02-2004, 03:11 PM
I really like it that the WWE may have listened a bit to Pat Patterson. I would love to see the faces win at Survivor Series, and then have Chris Jericho suspend Triple H for 30 days (or however long Eric Bischoff is gone for). This can also be used to explain the title away from Triple H (using the 30 day stipulation), then you can have Randy Orton, Triple H, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Batista, etc. feud for the title headed into a big match at New Year's Revolution.

He said he'd be gone a month so that sounds about right. Only problem I had with RAW last night was Viscera. But, I'm glad Shelton got over Viscera. I am just hoping it was only for 1 night in which he'd be there. Even though it may have have been a good fued with Simon.

Mr. Nerfect
11-02-2004, 05:25 PM
He said he'd be gone a month so that sounds about right. Only problem I had with RAW last night was Viscera. But, I'm glad Shelton got over Viscera. I am just hoping it was only for 1 night in which he'd be there. Even though it may have have been a good fued with Simon.

I'm still hoping The Hurricane gets tarded over to SmackDOwn! in coming weeks, and Rosey decides to try out the Simon System, and becomes the tag team partner of Simon Dean.

I think Christian just brought in Viscera because Tomko was injured, and Christian wanted someone to destroy Shelton, but SB got the win. It would be interesting to know if the commentators made reference to Christian & Viscera's days being manipulated by The Undertaker as members of The Ministry of Darkness (I won't get to see RAW until later on tonight).

John la Rock
11-02-2004, 06:19 PM
ya hopefully they'll be some trades. that would be awesome :y:

Mr. JL
11-02-2004, 06:57 PM
On one hand, yues it was low...but the guy is supposed to be a heel...so by insulting the fans in that way wouldn't you hate the guy if he did that to you? and not just that but even if it wasn't you, you'd hate the guy....that's what they want.

And yes, RAW was very good this week.
Yes, I agree with you here. It certainly did the job intended and probally came off better than the WWE expected it too.

However, it didn't make me hate Simon Dean. It just made me feel bad for those two fans, in case they did take the remarks personally. How embarrassing and hurtful would it be, being singled out at an event with thousands of people and being called fat. I bet it comletely ruined their night.

To me, it is one thing to insult the entire crowd ... but it is entirely different thing to single out ONE or TWO fans, and start tearing them apart on live TV. Especially when those fans came to see a wrestling show and have a good time. Not to be mocked and made fun of.

Loose Cannon
11-02-2004, 07:00 PM

LOL, come on. That's the way wrestling should be. That's the way wrestling was back in the day. They would insult a lot of fans like that. And it was a lot worse then what you heard from Dean.

Loose Cannon
11-02-2004, 07:08 PM
That's one of the problems with heels today. Most of the fans know that these guys aren't really bad guys out of the wrestling world, but when you do something like that, you kind of go, "That guy is a fuckin jerk." What that does is seperate the wrestling world from reality, which you don't get today.

Disturbed316
11-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Maven has buffed up :eek:

Mr. JL
11-02-2004, 07:26 PM
That's one of the problems with heels today. Most of the fans know that these guys aren't really bad guys out of the wrestling world, but when you do something like that, you kind of go, "That guy is a fuckin jerk." What that does is seperate the wrestling world from reality, which you don't get today.
I never once thought Simon Dean was a jerk. I thought the WWE is just lacking any creativity... thus they need to call their fans fat to get heat. That is what is wrong with heels today.

Loose Cannon
11-02-2004, 07:44 PM
What? No, what's wrong with heels today is they don't get real heat anymore. Some heels get cheered now and days. You know, Real heels aren't suppossed to be nice people. They're not suppossed to get cheers from the audience. They're not suppossed to make the audience laugh. It's always shit like " See that guy over there, he is just like every one of you stupid inbread red necks in this arena" That is played out now that it's just become a comedy act. With what Dean did was old school to the fullest. Pic one person out of the crowd and hit a vunerable spot. You ever see "Man of The Moon?" The Tonly Cliffton character? Now that's how you do it.

Maybe you didn't think he was a jerk, but you're not all those other people in that arena. The amount of heat he got after that segment was over just showed how great a heel he can be. If that was you he was ragging on, I don't know how you can't think he was a jerk.

Loose Cannon
11-02-2004, 07:48 PM
BTW: You have you're name is Mr. JL. I'm guessing you're an ECW mark right? Did you see the Dudleys back in their heel run? They insulted people in the crowd a lot worse then that, correct? So was that uncreative as well? Lot's of guys I know said thet's what they loved most about the Dudleys

Aussie Skier
11-02-2004, 08:15 PM
What? No, what's wrong with heels today is they don't get real heat anymore. Some heels get cheered now and days. You know, Real heels aren't suppossed to be nice people. They're not suppossed to get cheers from the audience. They're not suppossed to make the audience laugh. It's always shit like " See that guy over there, he is just like every one of you stupid inbread red necks in this arena" That is played out now that it's just become a comedy act. With what Dean did was old school to the fullest. Pic one person out of the crowd and hit a vunerable spot. You ever see "Man of The Moon?" The Tonly Cliffton character? Now that's how you do it.

Maybe you didn't think he was a jerk, but you're not all those other people in that arena. The amount of heat he got after that segment was over just showed how great a heel he can be. If that was you he was ragging on, I don't know how you can't think he was a jerk.

the reason they dont get heat is because wrestling fans are older than they used to be.