PDA

View Full Version : G4Tech TV

The Cerebral Assassin
11-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Anyone else watch that network?

Xero
11-02-2004, 05:50 PM
I wish I got it... Comcast switched it to Digital Cable... Before that, when it was Tech TV, we had it but the YES network (Yankees) took its place :-\

I have watched it at my mother's, though, and I say Tech TV was much better... I'd still watch it, though...

loopydate
11-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Only X-Play. Occasionally Arena, but I definitely watch X-Play.

Shaggy
11-02-2004, 06:36 PM
I used to watch it all the time and then we moved and didnt get it anymore. Then finally they joined up and we got it. I love the channel. I watch X-Play every day. Judgement Day when ever I catch it on. Screen Savers some times is pretty cool to watch. Basically I watch all the G4 channel shows and little of what Tech Tv still has on there.

OssMan
11-02-2004, 06:59 PM
my friend gets it. I have watched it a few times.

Requiem
11-02-2004, 07:28 PM
I used to, but then G4 took over, and the quality of programs went down the shitter. I no longer have the channel, and the only thing I watched after G4 took over was X-play.

Gertner
11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
i watch robot wars.

The Diva
11-03-2004, 01:46 AM
I prefer alot of the G4 channels (g4tv.com, Icons, Cinematech) moreso than the TechTv shows excluding things like Unscrewed and Screen Savers. But there are alot of shit shows from both stations i.e: Cheat!, Anime Unleashed, Sweat and Judgment Day and X-Play, review shows are so biased that it's not even funny, both sets of hosts are braindead. But considering it's the only VG channel I suppose I shouldn't complain.

Requiem
11-03-2004, 02:57 AM
What the hell are you talking about? X-play is far from biased. They actually give reviews based on things like gameplay, graphics, and overall fun factor. Judgement Day, the shitty G4 program is the biased one. The guys say a game is shit just cause they don't like that genre for fucks sake. God, those guys piss me off so much.

Crimson
11-03-2004, 03:08 AM
Im gonna be on there soon, Im majoring in Video game design :mad:

The Diva
11-03-2004, 03:30 AM
Um, Adam Sessler has a long known dislike of RPGs and love for platformers that does cause biasedness in reviews but I do agree that Tommy and Victor are way more bitchy about stupid shit, actually I'm not sure they're biased as much as just dumbasses. Then again you get biased reviews all the time from all different people so I guess it isn't anything new. I may fight for the games I consider my favorites but they are all flawed and I'll be the first to point it out and if reviewers are blinded by a Sony logo or an iconic character than they don't need to be suggesting things to me.

Azriel
11-03-2004, 08:08 AM
All I have to say is Morgan Webb :drool:

loopydate
11-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Um, Adam Sessler has a long known dislike of RPGs
They have given a lot of 4s and 5s to RPGs, despite Adam's dislike of them.

Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia got a 4.
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time got a 4.
Shadow Hearts: Covenant got a 4.
Fable got a 4.

I could keep going, if you'd like.

Jerichoholic
11-04-2004, 06:28 AM
I prefer alot of the G4 channels (g4tv.com, Icons, Cinematech) moreso than the TechTv shows excluding things like Unscrewed and Screen Savers. But there are alot of shit shows from both stations i.e: Cheat!, Anime Unleashed, Sweat and Judgment Day and X-Play, review shows are so biased that it's not even funny, both sets of hosts are braindead. But considering it's the only VG channel I suppose I shouldn't complain.

Nah, Tech Tv was the man. G4 was mostly a bunch of models pretendeding they knew about computers. While Tech TV was a bunch of legit geeks.

Patrick :(

Boomer
11-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Great shows through and through. Expanded my knowledge of games immensely.

The Diva
11-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Nah, Tech Tv was the man. G4 was mostly a bunch of models pretendeding they knew about computers. While Tech TV was a bunch of legit geeks.

Patrick :(

Oh yeah I totally agree, it's just they got rid of a lot of their good shows and changed the ones they kept, just not the same feel :-\ . Actually I have to say, oddly enough, that I watched TechTv more before G4 came along so I guess the gamer just won out over the geek after it was all said and done :o.

The fact is those are games that pretty much deserve 4's plus the X-Play rating system is to vague, they need some .5 in there to add more of a better understanding and distinction. They can't be totally one-sided because that's just wrong *cough*Judgment Day*cough* but I never said they were so I guess it doesn't matter.

Blitz
11-14-2004, 03:15 PM
I like it. I watch mostly X-play (Morgan Webb :heart: ), Reviews on the Run/Judgement Day, Arena, Icons, Pulse,and Filter.

Gonzo
11-14-2004, 03:20 PM
I don't watch much TV, but from what I've caught of the channel their programming is pretty good. Entertaining and informative most of the time, it is a nice look at gaming and other electronic stuff.