PDA

View Full Version : Will You Order Victory Road This Sunday?

Loose Cannon
11-03-2004, 05:35 PM
TNA's very first 3 hour PPV is coming up this Sunday. The price is $30.00. Will you order it. Poll Coming

Here is the Card:

NWA World Title Match
Ladder Match Rules
Jeff Jarrett vs. Jeff Hardy

X Division Championship
Petey Williams vs AJ Styles

Monster's Ball: The Alpha Male vs. Abyss vs. Raven

The Return Of "In The Pit With Piper" with Roddy Piper

cott Hall and Kevin Nash To Make A Special Appearance

NWA World Tag Team Title
Team Canada vs. 3Live Kru

Last Team Standing Match
Triple X vs. AMW

20 Superstar Invitational X Division Gauntlet Match

Russo or Rhodes: The Fans Make The Vote November 7

Trinity's Challenge: Who will face the TNA Knockout?

Mexico's famous high-flying guys in action

Loose Cannon
11-03-2004, 05:37 PM
If you get it for free Illegal_Style, VOTE YES.

Funky Fly
11-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Nah, I am pretty broke and a lack of digital cable sort of prevents it anyway.

Disturbed316
11-03-2004, 05:41 PM
lol yeah, I would really want to spend $30 on a bunch of indy workers and guys who should have let go ages ago :roll:

BTW the 6 sided ring is the most gay thing ever. Gayer than Rico.

Loose Cannon
11-03-2004, 05:41 PM
If you had $60 to use for anything you want right now, would you still order it? Keep in mind Survivor Series in the week after

DaveWadding
11-03-2004, 05:45 PM
I'll download it, but I won't BUY it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Nah, I don't think it is an option here, anyway. AJ Styles vs. Petey Williams will be great, as will the Last Team Standing. The ladder match and X-Division Gauntlet will also be two thumbs up, if they use them right. The Ladder Match could really redefine the way we look at TNA, and the Monster's Ball match I have no idea about (Can someone tell me how it works?), but it looks to be interesting.

Overall, if TNA releases DVDs over here, I will certainly purchase it (if the card lives up to expectations), and if TNA puts on shows like this montly, I can really see them taking off as a good promotion.

Boondock Saint
11-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Nope. I was planning on it a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen Impact in almost two months. Keep forgetting to tape it. So...no.

Kapoutman
11-03-2004, 05:48 PM
No. I won,t see it. I have better things to do. I will probably download a match or two off Kazaa in a week or two.

Mike the Metal Ed
11-03-2004, 05:49 PM
I would if I could.

Hardkore Kidd J
11-03-2004, 05:51 PM
lol yeah, I would really want to spend $30 on a bunch of indy workers and guys who should have let go ages ago :roll:

BTW the 6 sided ring is the most gay thing ever. Gayer than Rico.

I got one question since I have never seen TNA because I don't have FSN or order PPV. I like the wrestlers more at TNA. I don't know why. ANyways, my question............. you have to spend 30 dollars on a TNA PPV. I don't think you even have to pay that for a WWE ppv. Wouldn't TNA be like 15-20 dollars? Just a question. :?:

Loose Cannon
11-03-2004, 05:54 PM
yeah, if they were smart. I would've of ordered a $15 PPV too.

But, I can see how they want to get as much as they can.

WWE's are $35 BTW. So you see, TNA is still lower then WWE. That's how they'll position themselves from a marketing standpoint.

"The Cheapest, but most entertaining wrestling PPV on the market."

Disturbed316
11-03-2004, 05:55 PM
I got one question since I have never seen TNA because I don't have FSN or order PPV. I like the wrestlers more at TNA. I don't know why. ANyways, my question............. you have to spend 30 dollars on a TNA PPV. I don't think you even have to pay that for a WWE ppv. Wouldn't TNA be like 15-20 dollars? Just a question. :?:

Nah, I was saying if I had the choice to spend that money on it, I wouldn't. Plus, WWE is starting to cut back on the free ppv's over here, at the moment we have to pay for 4 (I think) Rumble being one of them, but I heard they are going to increase that number :mad:

Maybe I'll see Victory Road on TWC for free in six months anyway :-\

Hardkore Kidd J
11-03-2004, 05:56 PM
yeah, if they were smart. I would've of ordered a $15 PPV too.

But, I can see how they want to get as much as they can.

I'm surprised 30 bucks is what you pay for like a Wrestlemania. ANd a fed that's smaller then Ecw WCW and WWE is charging more for a PPY. I am glad I can't order a PPV. I am so interested in seeing TNA I would have probably spent 30 bucks. Save your money for SS.

MVP
11-03-2004, 07:47 PM
The card isn't overly impressive. I doubt the big names are going to do anything for the show, so no.

RemyRed
11-03-2004, 09:01 PM
That's a Pay-Per-View card?? Besides the Championship match (which Jarrett is going to retain due to Outsider interference btw) it looks like it could be an Impact taping. Yes it'll be showing on my box, but no I won't be watching it, so is that a yes or no? :shrug:

The CyNick
11-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Its going to be a tough sell. There are some names there, but nothing stands out to me that makes me think more than their hanrdcore base will order. But at the same time, this is just a beginning. I think its most important that they have a good show, and something huge happens that gets people talking.

I wont order, but I dont order WWE PPVs, so I'm the wrong guy to use a guage.

Mayo
11-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Nope, seeing as how I never watch TNA.

BlackDawn2024
11-04-2004, 01:40 AM
I anticipated that I would, I thought I would, but I'm not. The only thing holding me back is the price. You want me to pay you thirty bucks for a wrestling PPV of a federation which has barely got off the ground? I don't think so. It just doesn't work that way. Fifteen bucks, sure. But no higher than that.

KayfabeMan
11-04-2004, 01:47 AM
I'm surprised 30 bucks is what you pay for like a Wrestlemania. ANd a fed that's smaller then Ecw WCW and WWE is charging more for a PPY. I am glad I can't order a PPV. I am so interested in seeing TNA I would have probably spent 30 bucks. Save your money for SS.

Actually, WM cost more than $30. An average WWE PPV runs about $35-40 depending on where you live and your company, etc.. TNA's PPV for $30 will be a good buy, considering you have Piper, Rhodes, The Outsiders, and lots of others appearing - in addition to the Williams/Styles spotfest, and the X-Division's gauntlet match.

There will also be a few big surprises and such, and overall it's worth $30.

Bazooka
11-04-2004, 02:07 AM
It might be worth $30 if Kanyon, Sean O'Haire and Ultimo Dragon made their debut in TNA.

Evil Vito
11-04-2004, 07:49 AM
<font color=goldenrod>No, I love TNA, but I'm unwilling to cough up $30 for it, I barely have enough money as it is.</font>

LK
11-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Here in Britain we are six months behind so can someone tell me what this fans voting thing regarding Russo and Rhodes is about.

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 08:42 AM
wow, this was way closer then I imagined. I hope TNA delievers

Xero
11-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Nah, I am pretty broke and a lack of digital cable sort of prevents it anyway.
:(

To top it off I don't even get Fox Sports :-\

Shaggy
11-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Im gonna get it just for the fact that its there first 3 hour ppv and I feel that they might actually try to impress alot of the people with this one to encourage more buy rates next time. Im hoping they dont screw it up like they did the first TNA 2hr ppv that I ordered where Styles completely missed the move and yet still got the pin.

As far as the card goes for it im not sure if it will be that interesting. The X-Division stuff is always ok but I dont like the whole Hardy/Jarrett thing. I hate Hardy. To me he doesnt even try in TNA. It doesnt look like he puts any effort into any of his moves and he is alot slower.

Hardkore Kidd J
11-04-2004, 12:08 PM
I mostly just read the results on my computer. Wihich is saving me 15 to 30 dollars. Plus If you buy it on PPV and it turns out crappy there's no way to get your money back. But, if you read the results you know how crappy it is you can determine if it's worth the money before you buy it. ;)

Ferocious
11-04-2004, 09:32 PM
I'd pay the $30 dollars just for the Williams styles match and the Gauntlet match..........Not to fussy about seeing the rest.

KayfabeMan
11-05-2004, 03:06 AM
Here in Britain we are six months behind so can someone tell me what this fans voting thing regarding Russo and Rhodes is about.

The whole Russo / Rhodes thing is to have a popularity contest, in a sense, to determine which one of the men will lead TNA. That's basically about it.

One rumor says TNA is nearing the end of it's time with Russo - but that has been said (and basically happened) before. The reason around this rumor is that TNA may be trying to make a legit deal with Hogan, and having Russo is a strike against that. Though, if either party had sense they'd work together (something that never happens in wrestling) and turn it into a storyline.

Anyhow, I think Russo might stay, and I don't think a Hogan deal will be on the table for a while - but anything is possible....

RemyRed
11-05-2004, 03:16 AM
Isn't he quitting the company since the Jarretts aren't using any of his ideas? I also read a rumor that he wants to be a priest.

KayfabeMan
11-05-2004, 12:00 PM
There's a variety of things that contribute to it, but yeah that's gone around too.

Hardkore Kidd J
11-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Actually, WM cost more than $30. An average WWE PPV runs about $35-40 depending on where you live and your company, etc.. TNA's PPV for $30 will be a good buy, considering you have Piper, Rhodes, The Outsiders, and lots of others appearing - in addition to the Williams/Styles spotfest, and the X-Division's gauntlet match.

There will also be a few big surprises and such, and overall it's worth $30.

Oh, sorry I didn't know I have never ordered a PPV in my whole life, I figure it's cheaper just to read the results on the computer and then wait a month or two for it to come out on DVD.

DegenerationY
11-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Since when is Jeff Hardy still wrestling? Moreover, why the hell is he up for the world title?

Also, most of this card seems like a rehash of wwf from about 6 years ago.

If this is the competition, i'd fear turning the WWE on these days...

Loose Cannon
11-07-2004, 04:15 PM
So I'm hearing TNA has quite a few surprises for the PPV tonight. I hope they put on a great show. Feel free to discuss the PPV in here. I'll sticky this later if anyone who is watching decides to give updates :y:

Mister Sinister
11-07-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm ordering it, and I'll try to update in here, as well in my Fantasy Wrestling Thread as it goes on

Loose Cannon
11-07-2004, 05:00 PM
cool :y:

Mister Sinister
11-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Since when is Jeff Hardy still wrestling? Moreover, why the hell is he up for the world title?

Also, most of this card seems like a rehash of wwf from about 6 years ago.

If this is the competition, i'd fear turning the WWE on these days...

6 Years ago, we wasn't getting 20 World Class High Flyers, facing each other, one after another...

6 Years ago, we wasn't getting a very hyped X-division Title match, with the most over Indy Wrestler in the World, and a guy who is as over as some of the WWE Main Eventers, and a guy, who has the most devasting finisher ever seen, known as the Canadian Destroyer.

The only thing I was that was six years ago about the TNA Card, was Jeff Jarrett and Jeff Hardy, since we would see a crazy and ultra entertaining Jeff Hardy and a great technical wrestler who bust his balls in Jarrett