PDA

View Full Version : Garciaparra willing to change positions??

Excellance of Execution
11-03-2004, 06:27 PM
I was reading on yahoo that Nomar Garciaparra said he would be willing to play second base along side Derek Jeter and A-Rod. Although being a Yanks fan, this would be pretty cool, but i would rather see the Yanks get some good pitching.

P.S. I know their is a MLB off-season topic, but i felt this needed it's own thread.

Post your thoughts.

Gertner
11-03-2004, 06:32 PM
remember i said he was finished and you guys yelled at me?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-03-2004, 07:09 PM
haha yeah I heard about that

I thought he said he would go anywhere though and consider moving, but obviously NY Yankees are one of the top "canidates" I guess.

For some reason I think he will end up playing on San Diego, I dunno why but I've just had a gut feeling since the start. Now that he said he is willing to move to 3rd, or 2nd that just opens up the door there since they already got Green at short.

Loose Cannon
11-03-2004, 07:17 PM
wow, like best infield of all-time right there. Literally.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-03-2004, 07:30 PM
After being one of the few Boston fans to "stand up" for Nomar after he left, if he ever joined the Yankees I'd become the biggest anti-Nomar fan ever. The rein of boos he would recieve if he ever stepped on the Fenway Park field with pinstripes on.

But I wouldn't really care if they got him, they can have him, they already have a ridiculous line up right now and they still didn't win. He won't add to the chemistry of the team, plus I don't think he'll be pitching so i'm not really worried :cool:

MVP
11-03-2004, 08:04 PM
I can't see Nomar on the Yankees, but then again I said the same about A-Rod too.

John la Rock
11-03-2004, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Nomar ends up playing 2B for the Yanks but I doubt it will happen

I think he should stay in Chicago

Yashamaga
11-03-2004, 09:45 PM
You misread the article

He never mentioned the Yankees at all.

But if he ends up there, so be it. He's just like A-rod, a whiney, pampered, anti-clubhouse guy

(although they both work their asses off)

Excellance of Execution
11-03-2004, 09:58 PM
You misread the article

He never mentioned the Yankees at all.

But if he ends up there, so be it. He's just like A-rod, a whiney, pampered, anti-clubhouse guy

(although they both work their asses off)
I did huh..... Well here's the article i read from Yahoo. You must have read a different article.

Cubs: Garciaparra willing to change positions

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, November 3, 2004

News
Nomar Garciaparra would be willing to switch to second base next season, according to the New York Daily News. Nomar has expressed interest in signing with the Yankees to play alongside Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez.

Views
Garciaparra as a Yankee would make everyone in their already stacked lineup even better, but the Yankees have made clear that their first priority this winter is pitching. With a seemingly unlimited budget, the Yankees might add pitching, outfielder Carlos Beltran, and Nomar, who would become a top fantasy second baseman.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-03-2004, 10:11 PM
I really hope he doesn't go to the Yankees, I can't picture it. Nomar is the man, if he goes on the Yankees I will be really disappointed.

If he does join those clowns though, I will probably be paying top dollar to boo the shit out of him when the Yanks play the Sox this year at Fenway :mad:

He will not get a Clemens-like salute at all, even though management did kinda run him out of town. When the Sox where trying to get A-Rod, he shoulda just said he would have been ok with moving to 2nd base then, then none of this probably would have ever happened. I don't really care though, since the Red Sox won the World Series. S

YOUR Hero
11-03-2004, 10:50 PM
I really think the Yankees will get Soriano back. If not this year, then next. Just have that feeling.

BCWWF
11-03-2004, 10:53 PM
I thought A-Rod fit the Yankee's perfectly, I can't see him anywhere else now. I don't really think the same of Nomar, but I could see it happening.

Now what if they trade and get Miguel Tejada to play first? That would be pretty kickass, I'm not gonna lie.

Azriel
11-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Hell yeah, bring in Nomar.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Why would Tejada play 1st though? Isn't he a pretty good Shortstop?

Plus they still have Giambi, you never know what his deal will be next season

Loose Cannon
11-03-2004, 11:38 PM
LOL, Tejada at first.

John la Rock
11-03-2004, 11:58 PM
lol

BCWWF
11-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Why would Tejada play 1st though? Isn't he a pretty good Shortstop?

Plus they still have Giambi, you never know what his deal will be next season

Big 4 shortstops in the AL in 2003 and before: Jeter, Nomar, Tejada, A-Rod.

If A-Rod and Nomar go to the Yankee's and take a position change, I was just saying it would be funny if Tejada did the same thing and finished up the lineup...All four of the amazing shortstops playing in the Yankees infield :drool: of course it wont happen though.

Then they could get Renteria to play center field, thats the five top guys I think.

House of Pancakes
11-04-2004, 10:00 AM
I don't want Garciaparra. I don't think he's the same player he was, and he's not good in the clubhouse.

I'm not even sure Alex Rodriguez was such a great idea, yet.

VonErich Lives
11-04-2004, 02:56 PM
yeah, this story suposivly came from a comment nomaar made to a "friend" and the "friend" told the press...

I'm not suprised, the man just wants a good 1yr deal, an everyone is afraid he'll get hurt and if not, they don't want to waste money on him for just 1yr.

I don't see him going to the Yanks, they have bigger needs. SP, CF, 1B.

VonErich Lives
11-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Oh yeah, said he was willing to change positions... This means Mia doesn't have to wear the strap-on?

BCWWF
11-04-2004, 03:00 PM
I don't think the Yankee's have any major concerns at first base. If Giambi is no longer infected with whatever he had, he will be fine for next year.

House of Pancakes
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
It looks like they're going to DH Giambi, and possibly use Williams off the bench, or give Giambi first base maybe half the time. I would look for the Yankees to sign Beltran at centerfield and go after two starting pitchers [they're fine with Moose, Lieber, and Vazquez] to start off.

John la Rock
11-04-2004, 06:33 PM
If Giambi plays DH then I think the Yanks are gonna make a strong case for Delgado :(

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-04-2004, 09:15 PM
I don't know about Giambi as a DH, I figured they would move Bernie there and throw Beltran in center field. It makes way more sense, Williams is getting up there but he can still hit though. Williams at DH just makes more sense to me, but who knows. Its The Yankees they could do anything

VonErich Lives
11-05-2004, 05:03 AM
I don't know about Giambi as a DH, I figured they would move Bernie there and throw Beltran in center field. It makes way more sense, Williams is getting up there but he can still hit though. Williams at DH just makes more sense to me, but who knows. Its The Yankees they could do anything

There's also talk if Giambi can't come back to near form, the Yanks may try and settle w/ him on his contract...

I don't think MLBPA would be to kind on that... could be interesting.