PDA

View Full Version : Where the Hell Have I been?

PureHatred
11-04-2004, 06:10 PM
So ...yeah...I had a family crisis followed by a long period of reassignment at work to a more management type position where I didn't get to sit on a PC all day, followed by the fact that with new insane hours came a complete lack of time to screw around watching wrestling etc.

But I've shown those facist money-grubbers.....I finally got my act together and they put me on salary and now I can take off around noon and totally waste more of my life in forums like this.

So I'm back. And I watched Raw for the first time in month this week.

Thoughts/Questions:

1) Randy Orton as a face doesn't really seem all that great. But Edge as a heel seems pretty damn cool. How did this happen? When I left, people were crying about what a waste Edge was while Randy Orton had achieved minor deity status. Loose Cannon seemingly rode the Orton bandwagon to a position of power on this forum...and now Tajiri is getting bigger pops (bigger than Orton, not Cannon. Everyone knows LC is gold on the mic). What did I miss? When did Orton get cheesy?

2) Kane being squashed by Gene Snitsky? There were no more Mcmahon family members left to kill his career? Cousin Jeb Mcmahon was busy?

3) Still lovin' this Shelton Benjamin kid....not sure how Maven somehow skipped ahead of him in the Raw Face Chain of Command...anyone? Why is Maven in the SS main event already...have I missed months of spectacular Maven action that the wrestling world waited years for?

4) The fitness infomercial character is genius. Just F'n genius. Can't wait for the heel based on the guy who sells one of those crazy food products.

JR: BAHGAWD!BAHGAWD!HESPUSHING HIM FACEFIRST INTO THAT VAT OF WARM CHOCOLATE GOO!!!IT'S THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY FROM HELLLLLLLLL!!!!

King: PUPPIES!

5) Saw a commercial for the next Smackdown PPV: With guys like John Cena, Kurt Angle, Eddie & Chavo, Rey Misterio and even RVD, two of the top singles slots are going to JBL (still?...seriously, still?????) and John Heidenwretched?

Wow. Just......................wow.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Head
11-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Maven just came back from an injurty a few weeks ago I think.

Only been the past 2-3 weeks he's been on Raw.

123 kid
11-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Yeah somehow JBL is still holding on to that title, and probably still will after SS.
Also, welcome back :wave:

MVP
11-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Welcome back PH. Nice to have most of the NBT active on the boards again. :wave:

Edge as a heel > Orton as a babyface.

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 06:24 PM
PH :D Welcome back.

Yea, I jumped of the sinking ship of Orton about a month ago. He isn't what he was. I back Snitsky and CCC now.

There is two new Muslim characters that appeared on Raw Monday and they mentioned 9/11 and everything. Should be interesting.

And the WWE has basically fired lots of jobbers.

PureHatred
11-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Dude..seeing the BoSox in your avatar just made me LOL all over the place. Like, seriously.....L....O.....L.

Also, did the wrasslin' retard thing go over? Or was the Eugene fad just a passing fancy?

Loose Cannon
11-04-2004, 06:33 PM
yea, look at the Title to see why I have the avatar.

Eugene went over, then they killed him by overexposing him, then he got booed. Now he's in the midcards.

tucsonspeed6
11-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Let me begin by saying welcome back and it's good to see you again.
So here's some feedback for your comments.

1: Orton's face turn was a desperate attempt to beat Monday night football in the ratings. Unfortunately, they did it way too early and his mega push happened in the blink of an eye. I think you're exagerating a bit by saying that Tajiri gets bigger pops than Orton, though. But in any case, it's true that he has become a bit cheesy of late. I think it's mostly because the WWE realized their mistake and took him a step back into a more classic babyface role. If he builds up some steam, we might see him return to awesomeness soon.

2: Snitsky was a surprise to everyone here I think. Some random jobber shows up (with a jobber name no less...) and beats down Kane. Many people here think of this as another conspiracy to hold Kane down, but I think that Snitsky might actually show more promise than Kane did. I'd prefer to sit back and observe how the fans react to him. As for Kane, I expect him to return with a new gimmick as some psycho religous fanatic who accuses people of being baby killers Macarthy style and destroys them.

I can see it now...Kane finds a box of birth control pills in Trish's purse and proceeds to choke slam her five or six times. He notices that Flair's been hanging out in the bathroom stall for way too long and proceeds to choke slam him five or six times. He notices that Maven buys a condom from the vending machine in the bathroom and proceeds to light him on fire, piss the fire out, then choke slams him five or six times.

3: Maven...spectacular wrestling? Two words I thought I'd never hear in the same sentence. Seriously....no. His push started because Vince couldn't show up to an episode of Raw, so his little precious probably slapped together a new stable in ten seconds by throwing darts at a Raw roster...

4: Simon Dean is gold. Making fun of fat people is a nice breath of fresh air after years of heels getting away with "I'm from another country......hate me!" Expect him to make a Stable with the guy who does the Angus Diet comercials and Jared from subway. Imagine if you dare...The three come out to villanous music, Dr Angus has to stop every few seconds to catch his breath, Dean is wearing a "I'm with fatso" tee shirt, and Jared is waving a flag fashioned from his own surgically removed excess skin.
Me: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You skinny bastards..."

5: JBL v. Heidenreich....or is it Lesner v. Holly all over again?!?!?! The world may never know..........................................................................

....No seriously. They may never know because nobody will pay 35 bucks to watch this crap.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2004, 03:41 AM
So ...yeah...I had a family crisis followed by a long period of reassignment at work to a more management type position where I didn't get to sit on a PC all day, followed by the fact that with new insane hours came a complete lack of time to screw around watching wrestling etc.

But I've shown those facist money-grubbers.....I finally got my act together and they put me on salary and now I can take off around noon and totally waste more of my life in forums like this.

So I'm back. And I watched Raw for the first time in month this week.

Thoughts/Questions:

1) Randy Orton as a face doesn't really seem all that great. But Edge as a heel seems pretty damn cool. How did this happen? When I left, people were crying about what a waste Edge was while Randy Orton had achieved minor deity status. Loose Cannon seemingly rode the Orton bandwagon to a position of power on this forum...and now Tajiri is getting bigger pops (bigger than Orton, not Cannon. Everyone knows LC is gold on the mic). What did I miss? When did Orton get cheesy?

2) Kane being squashed by Gene Snitsky? There were no more Mcmahon family members left to kill his career? Cousin Jeb Mcmahon was busy?

3) Still lovin' this Shelton Benjamin kid....not sure how Maven somehow skipped ahead of him in the Raw Face Chain of Command...anyone? Why is Maven in the SS main event already...have I missed months of spectacular Maven action that the wrestling world waited years for?

4) The fitness infomercial character is genius. Just F'n genius. Can't wait for the heel based on the guy who sells one of those crazy food products.

JR: BAHGAWD!BAHGAWD!HESPUSHING HIM FACEFIRST INTO THAT VAT OF WARM CHOCOLATE GOO!!!IT'S THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY FROM HELLLLLLLLL!!!!

King: PUPPIES!

5) Saw a commercial for the next Smackdown PPV: With guys like John Cena, Kurt Angle, Eddie & Chavo, Rey Misterio and even RVD, two of the top singles slots are going to JBL (still?...seriously, still?????) and John Heidenwretched?

Wow. Just......................wow.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Welcome back, man. It's good to have you return to the TPWW family.

Anyway, Orton started becomming cheesy when Triple H asled him to hand the title back over to him (Orton won it at Summerslam from Chris Benoit), but Randy spat in his face and ran through the crowd. We then saw "The People's Champion" Stone Cold Randy Orton start throwing out RKOs like mad, and become best friends with the RAW lockerroom, especially after Triple H took the title form Orton at Unforgiven with Evolution's massive help.

Edge has just recently turned heel, despite him practically being booed out of the building every night as a babyface. Now as a heel he's getting cheered. Edge as a heel equals entertainment, Edge as a face equals psychotic rampage. Why can't we have a face version of entertaining Edge (like during his feud with Kurt Angle on SmackDown! during 2002)? New Edge is great, though, and I hope he gets a good push for his efforts. I wouldn't mind seeing him going through the crowd with a wagon full of his autobiography, asking if these fans wanted free copies. When they say they do, Edge scoffs and say what do these people want them for, they can't even read. Cheap heat Edge=ratings.

Simon Dean is looking great, and I hope they maybe have him act as a sponsor for RAW. I'd love to see him continue having segments with attractive women on the top of the stage, and Dean's voice coming over the titantron. "Do you people want these women? Well just admit your fatter than he bus beside you, and come try "The Super Nova of Fitness" Simon Dean's new "Simon System". You'll get into shape, but you still can't have these women because you're ugly."

I'm a sucker for cheap heat.

Muhammad Hassan & Khasrow Daivari are off to a good start, and I hope we see Muhamma dplay the face, while Khasrow has more of a heel essence to him (but have him officially a face). I hope Lawler does the opposite to what JR does with these two guys, whether it is defending these guys while Ross is abusing them, or roles reversed.

Survivor Series is looking great. I hope we see a few promos during the event, or another 4 vs. 4 match. I'm also hoping Paul Heyman does commentary during the Undertaker vs. Heidenreich. Just his commentary alone could make this an instant classic.

Funky Fly
11-05-2004, 04:35 AM
Welcome back and stuff.

The Mackem
11-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Welcome back Pure Hatred. I actually was wondering where you were.