PDA

View Full Version : WWE must be doing something wrong

GODSON
11-05-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm a hardcore wrestling fan and never missed an episode of Nitro and Raw but for the last two weeks I seen a total of 30 minutes of the last two Smackdown and about a total of 90 minutes of the last two Raw's. I never been the type too missed wrestling shows, I watch WCW Saturday Night like it was a major show. I used too watch WWE everyweek during the mid 90's when everybody hated them. Maybe am not interesting in wrestling like I used too but then again, I have not missed an episode of Impact yet and I will be ordering Victory Road.

SuperSlim
11-05-2004, 09:55 AM
so.

Loose Cannon
11-05-2004, 09:59 AM
usually threads have points. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2004, 03:30 PM
I don't think they're doing anything wrong, I think they're just adjusting. It seems that the WWE are going to get all their "C" talent, and swap them with new superstars, etc. They're puting out more PPVs, and holding more competitions. It's basically an attempt to cry out for the public to watch them.

Eventually they're going to hit big with something, or they will give up and go back to the format of wrestling we all love.

Mr. JL
11-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Good to see some people are ordering Victory Road and not just downloading it off the net a day later, because TNA will die for sure if enough hardcore internet fans, who are the ones most familiar with TNA, just download it off the net.

I do not think TNA will fall into the trap of grabbing all the ex Heat and Velocity talent. I can see them picking up one or two intially but not every single one. And the ones they do pick up will be good choices like Billy Gunn or Jamie Noble. Possibly Johnny Stamboli and then tag him up with Big Vito.

Corkscrewed
11-05-2004, 06:47 PM
usually threads have points. :y:
All right. 1000 points to Loose Cannon for doing nothing in particular.

But don't worry.. the points don't matter.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2004, 06:51 PM
All right. 1000 points to Loose Cannon for doing nothing in particular.

But don't worry.. the points don't matter.

:lol:

Funky Fly
11-05-2004, 06:52 PM
I believe they are getting ready to turn their slump around.

The CyNick
11-05-2004, 11:01 PM
I think people assume they will turn things around just because its happened before. I however dont see it. I dont think Cena or Orton will be able to carry the company, they've already screwed up any chances they had with Eddie and Benoit. So whats left?

At least in other periods you could point to other companies around the world doing successful things in pro wrestling, and provide the main companies with ideas to steal. I dont see that anymore.

I think they've botched too many things, and now they cant get the attention of the average person out there. That will be a huge challenge that I just dont see how they will be able to overcome. But who knows, starnger things have happened, hell stranger things happened this past Tuesday/Wednesday.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2004, 11:08 PM
I think people assume they will turn things around just because its happened before. I however dont see it. I dont think Cena or Orton will be able to carry the company, they've already screwed up any chances they had with Eddie and Benoit. So whats left?

At least in other periods you could point to other companies around the world doing successful things in pro wrestling, and provide the main companies with ideas to steal. I dont see that anymore.

I think they've botched too many things, and now they cant get the attention of the average person out there. That will be a huge challenge that I just dont see how they will be able to overcome. But who knows, starnger things have happened, hell stranger things happened this past Tuesday/Wednesday.

I think Gene Snitsky may be bigger than Orton & Cena, and CCC may be the next Rock (in terms of the way he progresses as a fairly unknown guy at the start, and then evolves into a recognizable face). With WWE Films coming out, we may see some attention on the WWE.

Drakul
11-05-2004, 11:55 PM
With WWE Films coming out, we may see some attention on the WWE.
Maybe the movies will be full of sublimenal messages to make people watch WWE.
lol,Id like to see that in "scenes from a hat" somehow.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Maybe the movies will be full of sublimenal messages to make people watch WWE.
lol,Id like to see that in "scenes from a hat" somehow.

It wouldn't surprise me if they actual did slip some into the movies.

Drakul
11-06-2004, 12:34 AM
yeah,Kane walks past a wall and the words "WaTCH WWE Raw onLy on SpIKe TV" is writen across it in blood.
i know its not sublimanel,really but there desprate.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2004, 01:08 AM
yeah,Kane walks past a wall and the words "WaTCH WWE Raw onLy on SpIKe TV" is writen across it in blood.
i know its not sublimanel,really but there desprate.

I can maybe see a woman walking around with a WWE symbol on her bikini. Or something like that.

Drakul
11-06-2004, 01:21 AM
I can maybe see a woman walking around with a WWE symbol on her bikini. Or something like that.
*realises no one got the joke*
....... :shifty:
*leaves*

The CyNick
11-06-2004, 05:23 PM
I think Gene Snitsky may be bigger than Orton & Cena, and CCC may be the next Rock (in terms of the way he progresses as a fairly unknown guy at the start, and then evolves into a recognizable face). With WWE Films coming out, we may see some attention on the WWE.

Yeah but the following isn't good publicity:

".......and finishing dead last at the box office was the WWE's first venture into film making with 'The Marine' starring wrestler John Cena, the film grossed $900 over the weekend. Ouch!"

John la Rock
11-06-2004, 05:27 PM
fuck stupid me

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah but the following isn't good publicity:

".......and finishing dead last at the box office was the WWE's first venture into film making with 'The Marine' starring wrestler John Cena, the film grossed $900 over the weekend. Ouch!"