PDA

View Full Version : Wannstedt to resign..

Kris P Lettus
11-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Dolphins off to an abysmal start, Dave Wannstedt will resign Tuesday, the Miami Herald reported. Defensive coordinator Jim Bates is expected to be named interim head coach.

-ESPN.com

haha

I wonder if Haslett is next??

:shifty:

:'(

Boomer
11-09-2004, 01:22 AM
I could see it on his face during the game. It's really unfair when you think about the amount of shit he's been given. But I guess most coaches are expected to do better than they usually end up doing.

*shrug*

I don't see Spurrier going just for the shit he'd have to deal with. He's got good financial setup for the rest of his life and he's got his legacy to stand by. But you never know.

road doggy dogg
11-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Sucks for him, the Dolphins sucking wasn't entirely his fault. I mean, c'mon. Your star runningback retires, you sign a huge receiver who goes down for the season before even playing, you have 3 or 4 mediocore (that's being generous) runningbacks, one of whom was acquired in a trade then almost immediately put on IR, you trade one of your young defensive stars to help out at WR just to try and get something going on offense, then on top of all that you lose Seau. Just been a really unlucky season for Miami as a whole. I don't even think someone like Belichick would be able to get this team a winning season this year.

BCWWF
11-09-2004, 02:15 AM
If the Phins can get an alright running back for Ricky Williams and pick up a somewhat decent quarterback they should be alright next year. I mean they'd have Boston back to go alongside Chambers. I could however be mistaken and they have a lot of free agents.

BabyHugger
11-09-2004, 04:49 AM
Yea they had the worst luck ever.

The Icon of Elisim
11-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Even with the bad luck Wannstedt did a really bad job this year. He still tried to play a run oriented offense when he had three pretty good recievers in Booker, Chambers and McMichael. And the defense should've been much better.

VonErich Lives
11-09-2004, 05:00 PM
See, I don't think Wandstat is being fired because of this season (although it's been ugly) he's being fired for since he took over. Jimmy Johnson gave him a superbowl contender and he killed it... bad picks, bad signings, a good defense that got old... the list goes on...

Wandstat is another Martz, great Coordinator, horrible coach.

Take away the offense, ST, Player/Personal and let him focos on Defense w/ a head coach giving him direction.

I wouldn't be suprised to see him on someones sideless as a DC next season, or there will probably be a few college jobs open... think he could recruit well? Florida needs a coach.

VonErich Lives
11-09-2004, 05:03 PM
oh yeah, and what worries me the most about this... the top 3 names I've heard on their list are form the Pats.

Wiess, Cronell and possible Scott Pioli... I guess there's grey area on Pioli, I know with coaches if it's for a "promotion" the NFL requires even if under contract you let them interview or promote them (ie: an OC can interview for HC, and HC can interview for HC/President, etc..) but I'm not sure how it works w/ front office... Pioli has the title of GM, I think belicheck has either Pres or VP of operations... so to prevent Piloi jumping ship Bilicheck would have to promote Piloi above him, or just hope he doesn't want to go to Miami :)