PDA

View Full Version : CLEMENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John la Rock
11-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Roger Clemens has won the NL Cy Young Award and the 7th of his career

All hail one of the greatest pitchers of all time :cool:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

OssMan
11-09-2004, 07:29 PM
but I thought that the bat was a ball

VonErich Lives
11-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Rocket... does he pitch next year?

Do we finally see, Clemens, Oswalt and Pettite? and then if they can keep Beltran...

Does he put the Strips back on? or try and win one in Boston?

John la Rock
11-09-2004, 07:59 PM
I think he'll re-sign with Houston for 1 more year

BCWWF
11-10-2004, 12:07 AM
VEL you always make up such fake stuff like that, of course he's not going back to the Yankee's randomly and the Red Sox would be even more out of the question. I don't see him coming back, what does he have to gain by it? He already has World Series titles, 7 Cy Youngs now. Its unlikely that he would be as good as he was thing year, so all it would accomplish would be him ending his career like Michael Jordan did. I see him hanging up the boots.

FakeLaser
11-10-2004, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't be shocked to see him come back again. If he pitches another year he can move up 2 more slots in all time wins.

BabyHugger
11-10-2004, 12:51 AM
He loves the game too much. He will come back. Fuckin white trash.

BCWWF
11-10-2004, 01:52 AM
If he thinks he has a good chance of equaling this years success, he is pretty stupid. He wouldn't be bad, but he had so many factors going for him this year. If he comes back, he won't sneak up on anybody in the NL (It seems weird saying that about a 40 something year old) and he won't be pitching on the same emotion that he was this year. I guess technically he would be another good pitcher, but he's had an opportunity to walk out on top twice now.

BabyHugger
11-10-2004, 01:57 AM
The guy has been pitching for so many years, he didnt sneak up on anything. Like it takes a whole season to scout one of the most well known successful pitchers of all time. I think he can do just as well next year if he stays healthy. It isnt like he is reaching the magic age where he will all of a sudden be bad. It all comes down to whether he feels he can go. If he feels just as strong and healthy I dont know why he would have any worse a year?

BCWWF
11-10-2004, 02:25 AM
I don't know specific numbers, but I am sure if you looked at his stats on his final year with the Yankee's, they were considerably worse than with the Astros. You can scout all you want, but until you have hit against him, you are at a disadvantage. If his production from 2003 to 2004 was the same, then I would think he could do it again, but it wasn't, and theres reasons for that.

VonErich Lives
11-10-2004, 03:16 AM
VEL you always make up such fake stuff like that, of course he's not going back to the Yankee's randomly and the Red Sox would be even more out of the question. I don't see him coming back, what does he have to gain by it? He already has World Series titles, 7 Cy Youngs now. Its unlikely that he would be as good as he was thing year, so all it would accomplish would be him ending his career like Michael Jordan did. I see him hanging up the boots.

oh yeah... such fake stuff...

Like the Astros didn't try to clear him through waivers w/ his OK to allow them to trade him.

Like the Red Sox didn't claim him on waivers to block a possible trade to the Yankees.

Like the Astros didn't then pull him back...

ok, whatever you say their cheif...

maybe you shouldn't make up fake stuff like "he won't sneak up on the NL again". He didn't sneak up on them this year, he's a power pitcher, they've seen that before, the reason he did better in Houston is the same reason every pitcher does better in the NL, the hitting is weaker, not just are the top hitters in the AL, but more imporant the DH rule, in the NL you face a pitcher 1 our of 9, and typically 2 more batters that are really bad hitters or automatic outs. The AL teams are just built differently.

Oh yeah, and you could have saved a lot of time by looking to see it was me asking a general question for thought/discussion... no where did I say it was a rumor or discussed that he might go to NYY or BOS. The general thought/consensus is he wont make a decisions till around the end of December which is when he starts his off-season workout and sees how his body responds, but he's still pitching good and in the NL which is easier to pitch in, he has the deal w/ Houson that he can skip road trips to watch his sons play and Pettite will be back, making Oswalt, Pettite, Clemens the best 1-2-3 in the NL if not possible the majors.

but keep going on your rant, your just still pissy I didn't use your "official thread" last year... :p

Loose Cannon
11-10-2004, 10:33 AM
VEL.....WHY.....DO....YOU .....ALWAYS......DO.......THIS?

And Clemens is staying in Houston.

BCWWF
11-10-2004, 11:03 AM
The fact remains that you implied there was a possibility of Clemens pitching for Boston or New York next season, when clearly there is none.

The Outlaw
11-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Yeah don't see him going to NY or Boston.

Randy Johnson was shafted

The Miz
11-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Randy Johnson was the best pitcher in the National league this year... too bad voters love W-L

BCWWF
11-12-2004, 04:16 PM
He only had one perfect game though Miz, thats not very good :roll:

VonErich Lives
11-13-2004, 02:20 PM
The fact remains that you implied there was a possibility of Clemens pitching for Boston or New York next season, when clearly there is none.

The fact remains, you need to try reading that again.

It is possible for him to go to any team he wants, he's a free agent.

He was put on waivers for the purpose of being delt during the season and the Red Sox claimed him to block a possible trade to NYY.

So, the Fact remains, while it's most likely he goes to Houston (I agree on this) it's possible he could go anywhere, hence allowing a perfectly valid "question" to be asked, not a fact, not a source, not a rumor, etc...

Your just upset that Tiki Barber isn't as good as you think he is! :p

BCWWF
11-14-2004, 03:08 AM
Well it looks now like he is pretty much 100% playing since he declared free agency, and technically that means that he could sign with any team he wanted to, but really, do you think he would sign away from the Astros?

I'm not sure I follow the waiver thing though. Him being put on waivers and being picked up by the Red Sox would be the teams decision, not his, right? Maybe I am on the wrong page. And Tiki Barber did improve! He was interviewed on one of those shows a few days ago and talked about how Coughlin taught him how to hold onto the ball better. Take that!

BabyHugger
11-14-2004, 03:31 AM
That doesnt mean he is playing for sure. It just means he can play if he wants to. Pat Hentgen filed for free agency too. He can retire still, it really means nothing.