PDA

View Full Version : TNA Midcard Title

Loose Cannon
11-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Yea, I've been on a TNA High this week for some reason. Seems like all of my topics have been about TNA. Good to see another company grabbing my interest :y: :y:

Anyway, I've been thinking about this. TNA has the X-Division Title right? But in my eyes, that Title is for guys that are the High Flyers, the guys with the Innovative moves, and the non-stop action. Even though I know it's not, I kind of see the X-Title as like a Crusierweight Title. Some of you might feel the same, some of you may not.

So, do you think for guys like Raven, Abyss, Konnan, Kash, DDP, Brown, BG James, Killings, Hall, Nash, Hardy, (said he doesn't want to be in the X Division) AMW, and even some of the guys in the X-Division, that TNA should have a midcard Title, similar to the IC and US Titles.

I think it would be a good idea because it gives those guys I listed something to fight for. So on Impact, we're not just seeing two guys fighting for nothing all the time.

The only bad thing I see with this, is that it would devalue the X-Title, which I don't see as anything more then a Crusierweight Title anyway.

The Mackem
11-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Might as well have a TV title seeing as they have a TV show

Disturbed316
11-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Have they got rid of that six sided ring yet?

Mr. Nerfect
11-10-2004, 03:23 PM
I agree with TNA getting a mid-card title. The X-Title has that "special" feel to it, which gives it prestige, so I don't think it will be devalued. Anyway I always pictured Jerry Lynn being the first ever TNA International Champion (they'd proabbly use a better name), but now I'd give those honours to a member of America's Most Wanted, Scott Hall, Michael Shane or Billy Gunn.

Funky Fly
11-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Have they got rid of that six sided ring yet?
Look, the 6 sided ring is fantastic for X division matches, especially since they are always having 4,6,10, 20 or however many people in the ring at the same time.

McLegend
11-10-2004, 04:01 PM
I think if you do not have a midcard title it makes the world title much more important. Still though I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a midcard title though.

Sting Fan
11-10-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm not against a midcard title but I really dont see anything wrong with it the way things are. Its not like anyone is really going without a push because of lack of titles or anything. A midcard title wouldnt necesarily be a bad thing but it may also make the titles seem lees significant.

Personaly i would just a have a few of the better big man wrestlers win the X Title. To Quote AJ Styles "The X Division isn't about weight limits, it's about no limts." I think they should really play that up. But that being said a new midcard title would give another reason for a midcard feud so I am kind of 50 50 on the idea.

Funky Fly
11-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Oh, and I think the X Division title is treated the way the WWE Cruiserweight title should be. If I were a wrestler in TNA, I'd be pretty proud to get the X title.

If I were a wrestler in the WWE getting the cruiserweight title, I'd be like "... oh, ok. Are you sure you can't bring back the European title or the hardcore title or something? No? Damn."

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2004, 01:21 AM
Oh, and I think the X Division title is treated the way the WWE Cruiserweight title should be. If I were a wrestler in TNA, I'd be pretty proud to get the X title.

If I were a wrestler in the WWE getting the cruiserweight title, I'd be like "... oh, ok. Are you sure you can't bring back the European title or the hardcore title or something? No? Damn."

I agree, 100%. The WWE Cruiserweight Championship should mean your the best guy 220lbs or under in the wrestling world today. It shouldn't be a jobber title, but a title that's defended in a world in its own, where the limits allow smaller guys to prove their the best of their size defying the laws of the universe, and proving they're the greatest entertainers in the world.

Fox
11-11-2004, 01:28 AM
I agree, 100%. The WWE Cruiserweight Championship should mean your the best guy 220lbs or under in the wrestling world today. It shouldn't be a jobber title, but a title that's defended in a world in its own, where the limits allow smaller guys to prove their the best of their size defying the laws of the universe, and proving they're the greatest entertainers in the world.

One of the only things WCW had right, right from the very start, and that the WWE has never really been able to pick up on.

Anyways, TNA is pretty good right now, and with such a short TV slot, adding another title might be a little pre-emptive. They should establish the World, X-Division and Tag Titles first, and when they've settled down, introduce the NWA Television Championship.

Mister Sinister
11-11-2004, 06:19 AM
and I don't know if it's me or not, but I kinda consider the X-Division Championship, to be TNa Biggest Title, I mean, the announcers are always talking about it, instead of the World Title, and it's defended on a most regular basis then the NWA World Title owned by Double J.

Also, I kinda like the Idea of a Midcard Title, since I would have fate in TNA actually doing it right, unlike the WWE, he gives someone the belt, never has them defend it...Before changing hands to someone else and talking about how the other champion, lengthy reign...

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2004, 03:37 PM
I think we should see TNA slap out a new heavyweight title as well. Call it the TNA Championship or something. Dusty can use the creation of a new title to secretly destroy the new Outsiders stable, by putting all three members in the tournament for it. Anyway, in the finals I'd give it to Michael Shane (I'm big on this guy, I just think he could be something in the future), Scott Hall, Jeff Jarrett, Billy Gunn, Monty Brown, Raven or someone like that.

Loose Cannon
11-11-2004, 04:07 PM
TWO World Titles. That's a no no, especially in TNA.

Mr. Nerfect
11-12-2004, 05:16 AM
TWO World Titles. That's a no no, especially in TNA.

Nah, I meant replace the NWA Championship. I just think maybe since they're becomming "bigger" they should get their own world title.

Aussie Skier
11-12-2004, 05:30 AM
OK

i have to ask.
Jeff Jarrett. How on EARTH can he be a world champion??? I mean, i watched wrestling from 1993-1996, just when he came in, and he was nothing special. He did garner decent heat, but thats not hard when you crack a guitar over someone's head.

How can TNA be taken serious with that guy being its world champ???!!!