PDA

View Full Version : What is up with all the big guys being psycho?

BigDaddyCool
11-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Heidenrich, Snitski (to a degree), Kane, Psycho Sid, Mankind (originally), Nathan Jones, and so on. How come WWE will only let big, 300+ pounders be psycho. I think it would be much more interesting if they let someone more along Maven's size....or hell just have Maven completely snap.

I didn't originally intend this to be about Maven, but the idea would be prefect. Quit having his gay music come on, quit having him smile, and dress up in his stupid little Maven red tights. Instead, complete overhaul. This is what I see going down: SS, Maven, by some mircale is the last of the faces left against lets say HHH, Snitski, and Batista. Batista and Snitski keep quick tagging in and out, destroying Maven. But then Maven hits his drop kick, and gets a quick roll up on Snitski, crowd goes wild. Now Maven has a quick breather, while HHH and Batista talk stratagy before Batistia go back to work on Maven. Maven battles back, and is start to show tons of offence, he is about to pin Batista, HHH comes out, but Maven beats H to the punch. Maven gets the pin on Batista. The crowd now believes in Maven, the roar is deafening, it is now Maven and H. Maven looks cocky. And they start going at it, but then out of no where, Edge comes back down, but the ref hold him off, Batista who has yet to leave powerbombs the shit out of maven, rolls out, H gives him the pedigree and gets the pin.

Next night on Raw, HHH is running the show and orders a match between Sniski and Edge with Batista as the guest ref (to make sure that neither are 100% on their nights to run Raw, and Batistia is there, up to no good for HHH). During the match, a bandaged up maven in street clothes comes down and lays waste to all 3 men, and then goes on a rant about how he proved to the world that he should get the title. HHH denies him, because it is in H's right to do so.

For the next few weeks all Maven does is attack Evolution, and people that are in line for title shots. And not just hit his stupid drop kick, but beat them savagely with chair and what not. Just have him go crazy and shit. That would probaby do more for him than the crap he is pulling now. And have him as a 'tweener out only for himself.

Anybody Thrilla
11-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Nope. Brian Pillman. You're welcome.

BigDaddyCool
11-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Nope. Brian Pillman. You're welcome.

but he is dead, plus Maven might be able to pull it off if he quit shaving.

Anybody Thrilla
11-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Dead people are the craziest of all.

I don't mind Maven so much, I guess. You think he could pull it off? I can't really tell how charismatic he is or isn't from his dumb promos.

BigDaddyCool
11-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Dead people are the craziest of all.

I don't mind Maven so much, I guess. You think he could pull it off? I can't really tell how charismatic he is or isn't from his dumb promos.

Well, if he can't do it, I can.

Anybody Thrilla
11-10-2004, 04:54 PM
I guess that works, since you're under contract and all.

Loose Cannon
11-10-2004, 05:09 PM
I can list off 30 big guys who haven't been/aren't Psycho, but I see what you're getting at.

Yea, nobody pulled it off better then Pillman. I liked Backlund's gimmick though. It's ashame becuase that's a cool gimmick to have. I would give it to someone like Teddy Hart.

Holly tried it recently, back when he was feuding with Brock. He sucked though.

It would be funny to see Maven try it.

Head
11-10-2004, 05:25 PM
All the oxygen exits their brain to keep their huge hulking muscles working.

Took
11-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Pillman was the best at it cuz basically that's sort of what he was, although multiplied while in character.
Not only that, but he was an intelligent psycho..those are the most dangerous kinds. Also the most interesting.

The other guys like snitsky etc..c'mon, dont try so damn hard.

But on topic, can Maven pull off a psycho gimmick? Nah, I doubt it. He just doesnt seem to have that in him. Personally I dont see him but anything other then a smiling babyface. Maven hasn't ever impresed me much. But I'm all for anything that could make him more interesting, if indeed he can pull whatever that is off.

BigDaddyCool
11-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Hmmmm...it could work with Nova/Simmon Dean, but he has to make fun of fat people for a while.

Savio
11-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Psycho sid wasn't psycho. Jeff hardy is crazy and so was Shawn Staziack....Golddust

BigDaddyCool
11-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Psycho sid wasn't psycho. Jeff hardy is crazy and so was Shawn Staziack....Golddust

Staziack didn't count because he was never on TV, and Jeff Hardy wasn't crazy, he was stupid.

Loose Cannon
11-10-2004, 06:31 PM

Sid was very "Psycho." You probably missed the genesis of that character. WWF early 90's.

And Dean pulled a "Backlund" two weeks ago when he put that guy in that arm bar type move.

BigDaddyCool
11-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Sid was very "Psycho." You probably missed the genesis of that character. WWF early 90's.

And Dean pulled a "Backlund" two weeks ago when he put that guy in that arm bar type move.

Yeah, I know, that is why I said Nova could pull an insane gimmick, and if they let him just unleash all his move set and work like an indy wrestler*, that would be awesome.

*You know, like pull off a million moves in a match, and not have a "defined" moveset.

Nark Order
11-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Wasn't Shamrock a psycho?? He was small...

Anybody Thrilla
11-10-2004, 08:02 PM
GET OUT OF MY WAY!

Corkscrewed
11-10-2004, 08:06 PM
I'll bet Orton would get over better with BDC's suggestion than he has been as an MTV-esque teen heartthrob.

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2004, 01:32 AM
I could see maven beating Edge, Snitsky & Batista, then losing to Triple H. Then we see Maven obsessed with Triple H, and not screaming and throwing stuff around psychotic, but maybe Triple H's dog could go missing, or the World Heavyweight Title could be spray pained red or something? Just weird crap like that.

It could even work if Maven walked down during the main event (Batista refereeing Edge vs. Snitsky, and lit the ring on fire. Maybe he could stand in the middle of it and cut a promo about he came so close at Survivor Series to getting the shot he's spent the last few years of his precious life chasing, but Triple H had to cheat to beat the prodigy that is Maven.

I could definately see the WWE doing something really weird, and have stuff like the classroom Maven used to teach in mysteriously burn down. Maven could even chuck the World Heavyweight Championship into a volcano or something. :-\

Kapoutman
11-11-2004, 02:03 AM
Wasn't Shamrock a psycho?? He was small...
Yeah, but Shamrock was crazy in a way that he could make you believe he could kill anyone with his barehands. He didn't need to be big.

BigDaddyCool
11-11-2004, 02:08 AM
I'll bet Orton would get over better with BDC's suggestion than he has been as an MTV-esque teen heartthrob.

No, Orton sucks and doesn't need to keep getting pushed.

Stickman
11-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Yeah I agree that I'm tired of seeing big men being psycho.

It's weird how big men usually have three characters to choose from: psycho, monster, bodyguard. Other than a few exceptions, every big man is one of those.

MVP
11-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Triple H was a psycho with the cerebral assassin gimmick.

Also Tazz had an ECW version of Backlund's gimmick.

Eunos
11-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Didnt Nunzio debut as some kind of psycho?

I remember Noble was forever on a losing streak and how Nidia tried to prevent Noble from bringing him in.

Sickboy
11-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Crowbar was a psycho as well as David Flair and Daffney in WCW... too bad Crowbar was the only one who could wrestle.

Afterlife
11-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Nunzio wasn't a psycho; least not in WWE. After all the hype about "I gotta call my cousin", "No, Jamie, No," Nunzio appeared and did nothing at all to assist Noble. Several months later, the FBI did help Noble with something (I can't recall what), but only because Noble paid them.

On the "psycho" topic, I've been saying for at least two years that I hate wrestlers over 6 feet tall b/c they're all the same: "I'm big and scary! Fear me, or...um...wrestle me, and maybe I'll beat you because I'm so BIG AND SCARY!! ARG!" Honestly. The whole point of a character to be an individual. That's why gimmicks exist: to boost characters. But then again, we're talking about writers who don't know how to do that, so why don't we all just get some popcorn and soda and watch more bad tv?

BigDaddyCool
11-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Nunzio wasn't a psycho; least not in WWE. After all the hype about "I gotta call my cousin", "No, Jamie, No," Nunzio appeared and did nothing at all to assist Noble. Several months later, the FBI did help Noble with something (I can't recall what), but only because Noble paid them.

On the "psycho" topic, I've been saying for at least two years that I hate wrestlers over 6 feet tall b/c they're all the same: "I'm big and scary! Fear me, or...um...wrestle me, and maybe I'll beat you because I'm so BIG AND SCARY!! ARG!" Honestly. The whole point of a character to be an individual. That's why gimmicks exist: to boost characters. But then again, we're talking about writers who don't know how to do that, so why don't we all just get some popcorn and soda and watch more bad tv?

Wow, you are stupid.

Anybody Thrilla
11-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Over 6 feet? Hell, I'm over 6 feet, and I don't feel like a monster at all...except in the sack.

How about we say...I dunno....over 6'5''?

Afterlife
11-13-2004, 11:11 AM
O.K., 6'5" it is. But only because you're not BigDaddyCool.

BigDaddyCool
11-13-2004, 01:23 PM
you know, 6'5" is still pretty common, lets go for more like 6'7"+ and 290+ lbs.

Nark Order
11-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Ok, BDC... You still haven't told me I was right yet. Shamrock was a freakin psycho and he was like 5'7 or something

Mr. Nerfect
11-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Not all big guys are psycho come to think of it, but he's the gimmicks I'd give the big men in the WWE:

Kane
Maybe the WWE could have a titantron interview with Kane where he decides ot get rid of his humanity by burning his face again. Maybe in acid so we have more of an original story behind Kane. I wouldn't mind it if they released a DVD on his life, either. Paul Bearer and/or could return with him or something. I just think Kane needs to go back to the emotionless monster he was when he debuted. Don't have him speak, don't have him scream when he gets hurt. Have him destroy.

The Undertaker
Have him wear his 1998 attire, and have him no sell everything. Maybe have a psychiatrist come in and tell us that The Undertaker can discard himself of his emotions. Don't go overboard with the music and the black rooms and stuff, but let him lead a Ministry, and have him appear in basements with meat hooks, etc. Just book him as the 6'10, 328lbs (bill him as that again) man who doesn't feel pain, remorse or any indication of responsibility.

Gene Snitsky
I like the way he's just a man who's been pushed over the edge, now. He wnats what every sane man wants, he will do what any sane man will do to get it, but he's been in some far our scenarios which have damaged his mentality. I think if/when he runs RAW he should tease a face turn, but giving Lita a rematch for the WWE Women's Championship, allowing her to win the title, but have it turn out Lita & Snitsky were in on this the whole time. Keep GS undefeated, as that could be something they could use to their advantage down the line.

Heidenreich
De-push him. Keep him psychotic, and allow him to have Paul Heyman as a manager, but have him based around the United States Division or the Tag Team Division. Heidenreich could be believeable there. Maybe have Heyman start up a stable?

Matt Morgan
I don't know why, but I can either see this guy as Matt Hardy's new "Mattitude Follower", or as a manipulated hitman to a guy like Bill DeMott or Al Snow. Maybe they'll just give him a "Tough Enough" gimmick and have him join "Team Angle", or have him start up a stable with Matt Cappotelli and Johnny Nitro, to feud against Angle and his allies.

Rosey
I'd have The Hurricane go to SmackDOwn! after The Superheroes lose a tag team match, in which one member of the losing team was exiled from RAW. Then have Rosey keep asking himself why they lost, only for him to find the answer from Simon Dean. Rosey decides to try the Simon System, and begins teaming with Dean.

BigDaddyCool
11-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Ok, BDC... You still haven't told me I was right yet. Shamrock was a freakin psycho and he was like 5'7 or something

Ken Shamrock was more like 6'4", he wasn't 5'7", he is taller than me, and I'm 6 foot even, fool. Also, Shamrock wasn't "psycho" he was intence, kind of like Rhino. But he would get in a zone during a match, and destroy people. But I wouldn't say he was a psycho.