PDA

View Full Version : Holmes on Homes.

YOUR Hero
11-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Ever watch it?

It's a show about a home contractor that goes around fixing the fuck ups of other home contractors. It's based in the Metro Toronto area. Not sure if other countries get it.

Anyway my point is.

This guys (well maybe it's Ontarios rules) is a shit contractor. I see so much stuff that he and his workers do that are against the common sense AND CODE here in BC.

IE: Drywall installed vertically.
IE: Drilling holes through cieling/roof rafters to run electrical.

This guy isn't anywhere as good as he thinks he is.

The Icon of Elisim
11-11-2004, 11:12 PM
I bet you have a big crush on John Eakes, hater

YOUR Hero
11-12-2004, 12:26 AM
*Jon

The Icon of Elisim
11-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Did you catch the episode where Eakes did a guest spot for Holmes

Holmes was scaring this lady that her house was infested with mold and then he's like "Well I'm not really an expert so I'll bring in a friend of mine" then boom Eakes shows up. Then he sprays some hippie water stuff and tells this lady her house is fine.

YOUR Hero
11-12-2004, 09:46 AM
That sounds familiar. I don't watch too much of that type of show. Simply because they're are so many types of them on at every waking hour. I've gotten bored of them.

All I know is when I watch Mike Holmes, he says how bad a mess the last contractor left things and then he goes and does stuff that wouldn't pass code in BC. Not always, but sometimes, that and the fact he does other things that are completely against the norm. It's ok to over do things. In fact I tend to myself, but at least I know the difference between making it better and being an idiot. "Lets triple tape the seams on these pipes"
Furnace guy- "Well actually Mike, the new design of these pipes have an air lock, this means once they fit together you don't even need to tape them anymore although I still perfer to tape them once over"
Holmes- "No I like to ensure these things never loose heat, triple tape them"
Furnace guy- :|