PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Davis most likely done for season (and possibly for career)

Boomer
11-12-2004, 07:38 PM
A source tells Fanball.com that Panthers' running back Stephen Davis will be placed on injured reserve in the coming days, thus ending his season. Davis underwent surgery on his right knee following week one to repair what was reported as a minor cartilage tear. He returned in week six, but has not played since then because of swelling and soreness in the knee.

---------------------------
This really pains me. I got him at an awesome spot in the fantast draft and I was hoping to get some good production out of him. Now he's possibly done for the season.

There are also rumors that his career is over, since he is 31, and most running backs don't do very well after the age of 30?

Do you think he'll retire? If he stays, do you think he will have as big an impact as some older running backs have had this season>

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Nah, I don't think he will retire

He will just split carries

BCWWF
11-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Oh shit, thats sucks for your fantasy team. Sorry man.

Boomer
11-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh shit, thats sucks for your fantasy team. Sorry man.

Luckily enough I got Reuben before anyone else did :y:

Y2Ant
11-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Yeah word, I picked up Droughns and Anthony Thomas, I didn't know he was gonna be IR :o :(

I thought I had an awesome backfield with Bennett, Davis and Travis Henry, what a waste :mad:

road doggy dogg
11-13-2004, 03:54 PM
There are also rumors that his career is over, since he is 31, and most running backs don't do very well after the age of 30?

Give me Priest Holmes over any 25 year old back any day

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Yeah word, I picked up Droughns and Anthony Thomas, I didn't know he was gonna be IR :o :(

I thought I had an awesome backfield with Bennett, Davis and Travis Henry, what a waste :mad:
McGaheeeeee

BabyHugger
11-14-2004, 02:49 AM
I think Davis is done for his career. Its hard for a back to comeback from a leg injury after the age of 30.

Y2Ant
11-14-2004, 07:03 PM
McGaheeeeee
:foc:

The Highlander
11-14-2004, 09:01 PM
My fantasy runningbacks were Duce Staley and Steven Davis... :nono: I'm boned...