PDA

View Full Version : Funky Fly

road doggy dogg
11-16-2004, 12:27 AM
I have two things I wish to address.

Firstly, I must thank you for introducing me to this group known as "Hieroglyphics". Very hot "ish". That "3rd Eye Vision" CD I downloaded from you is quite seksi. So good on you for that one, Mr. Fly. I may have to get some more from you in the future.

Secondly, on the subject of rap artists I know very little about, have you heard of group (or maybe it's a guy, I'm not sure :o:o) called Atmosphere? My sister's b/f listens to him/them a lot, and of the few times I've listened in the car, I liked what I heard. What are your thoughtsssssssssss

:love: @ Funky

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Hieroglyphics is the shit, Batting Practice is one of my favorite songs

I gotta get more shit by them tho...Hook me up with whatever you got :mad:

road doggy dogg
11-16-2004, 12:30 AM
I just have the one CD, a lot of good songs on it. I think Funky has a ton though, he should be able to hook you up on Soulseek (I'm downloading some movies right now so I'm not gonna upload anything right now)

Funky Fly
11-16-2004, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I'll get on and hook you up, stima. Just IM me.

My username is Funky Fly

Funky Fly
11-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Not familiar with Atmosphere, but I will check them out as soon as I can get my privileges back again.

MoRcHeEbA
11-16-2004, 01:36 AM
Atmosphere played at warped tour in Vancouver this year, I only caught one song though since I was going to a different stage, but im sure it was just one guy plus a mixer guy.

DegenerationY
11-16-2004, 01:44 AM
I'm liking RDD's style right now.

Hieroglyphics are awesome. If you like that, you should also check out Del Tha Funkee Homosapien's solo stuff (namely his album "I Wish My Brother George Was Here"). Amazing stuff.

As far as Atmosphere is concerned, I have all their cds. They are a different breed of rap... The lyrics are amazing, and the style is unique. I guess a lot of people might consider it to be emo-rap, being that they are white, and rap about love most of the time.

But both Hieroglyphics and Atmosphere are super high on my list the last few years. Really good stuff.

DegenerationY
11-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Atmosphere used to be two rappers and a DJ, now it's just two people - the rapper (Slug) and his DJ (Ant)

If you like them, you might want to check out Eyedea. He's on the same record label, and is pretty much a pimp on the microphone. The lyrics aren't as clever, witty or deep as Atmosphere's, but the beats are awesome and Eyedea can flow.

DegenerationY
11-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Atmosphere songs to check out:

-Always Coming Back Home To You
-Fuck You Lucy
-In My Continental
-National Disgrace
-Hair
-BlameGame
-Trying to Find A Balance (it's their single, but a good one)
-Cats Van Bags
-A Song About a Friend

So much more, but if you like what you hear from those, I got many more suggestions.

FakeLaser
11-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Yeah, Atmosphere played at Warped Tour here also but I didn't see them.

MoRcHeEbA
11-16-2004, 02:11 AM
cause you're a racist

Bad Guy
11-16-2004, 02:14 AM
I may have to check out this "Hieroglyphics" group...

Funky Fly
11-16-2004, 03:18 AM
I'm liking RDD's style right now.

Hieroglyphics are awesome. If you like that, you should also check out Del Tha Funkee Homosapien's solo stuff (namely his album "I Wish My Brother George Was Here"). Amazing stuff.

As far as Atmosphere is concerned, I have all their cds. They are a different breed of rap... The lyrics are amazing, and the style is unique. I guess a lot of people might consider it to be emo-rap, being that they are white, and rap about love most of the time.

But both Hieroglyphics and Atmosphere are super high on my list the last few years. Really good stuff.
Waaaay ahead of you on the Del stuff. You should check out his side project Deltron 3030 with Dan The Automator and Kid Koala.

Deltron songs off the top of my head:

- Virus
- Mastermind

The Mask
11-16-2004, 07:25 AM
del is awesome :'(

Zelda
11-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Funky Fly, get your ass on Soulseek.

Silent
11-16-2004, 06:13 PM
I have two Atmosphere CDs, I like him a lot. "Trying to find a balance" is a good song.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Damn I gotta download Soul Seek :(

Never got it on my new comp :ROLL:

Funky Fly
11-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Damn I gotta download Soul Seek :(

Never got it on my new comp :ROLL:
www.slsknet.org

DegenerationY
11-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Yeah Funky, Deltron3030 is the shit.