PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw (or "JBL")

Yashamaga
11-16-2004, 02:38 PM
I haven't watched wrestling in over a year and I turned on Smackdown and Bradshaw is there main eventing. wtf.

Could someone explain how he (and Randy Orton) became main eventers? I'm looking for like a series of events that lead up to this

Fignuts
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
There is no series of events leading up to bradshaw being in the main event. Awful booking. In his defense, Bradshaw has done a great job as champ. His promos are highly entertaining, and he plays the cowardly heel role beautifuly. His title matches have been pretty good to. Even the ones against taker and bob holly. Watching him wrestle proves you don't have to put on a technical clinic to have a good match.

As for orton, I could go into that in detail, but I'm lazy so i'll let someone else field that one.

Yashamaga
11-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Also, how did he get the JBL name and what's it stand for?

I'm guessing maybe Justin Bradshaw something (since he used to be Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw)

Danny Electric
11-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Also, how did he get the JBL name and what's it stand for?

I'm guessing maybe Justin Bradshaw something (since he used to be Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw)

The L stands for Layfield

loopydate
11-16-2004, 03:35 PM
It's John Bradshaw Layfield. I'll see if I can go through this.

On an episode of SmackDown, Paul Heyman confronted the APA and basically fired Faarooq. I don't remember why. Faarooq turned to Bradshaw for back-up, but Bradshaw just walked away.

Shortly thereafter, Bradshaw cuts a promo about how he's a self-made millionaire on the stock market and how he's living on Wall Street. Basically it was a Ted Dibiase-esque promo. He immediately sets his sights on Eddie Guerrero (who was WWE Champion at the time), and ended up beating him for the title. Now he has Orlando Jordan as his "Chief of Staff."

Randy Orton had the Intercontinental Title for nearly seven months before losing it to Edge. Shortly thereafter, he wins a battle royal on RAW for a shot at Chris Benoit's World Title. They have their match at Summerslam and, with help from Evolution, Orton wins the match. The next night on RAW, Evo turns on Orton for taking Triple H's spot, and now they're feuding.

123 kid
11-16-2004, 03:37 PM
JBL - John Bradshaw Layfield

123 kid
11-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Loopydate :foc: at beating me to the post!

Corkscrewed
11-16-2004, 04:22 PM
he beat you by two minutes...

Yashamaga
11-16-2004, 04:26 PM
kudos

V
11-16-2004, 04:39 PM
They have their match at Summerslam and, with help from Evolution, Orton wins the match.

what the hell?

Randy did it on his own, Evolution didn't help him, they didn't even come afterwards to congratulate/celebrate with him, Randy won it completely by himself, I was there live!

loopydate
11-16-2004, 05:03 PM
what the hell?

Randy did it on his own, Evolution didn't help him, they didn't even come afterwards to congratulate/celebrate with him, Randy won it completely by himself, I was there live!
Oh.

I didn't see the PPV, I just assumed that Evo helped.

My bad.

Jonster
11-16-2004, 05:19 PM
what the hell?

I was gonna say also, but you beat me to it.

LK
11-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Pretty much what loopydate said. Faarooq was released and Bradshaw was repackaged and cut some promo about how he realised that what he did with the APA didn't achive anything and how he was legend on Wall Street. He is essentialy Ted DiBease version two. He started an anti Hispanic thing which led to a feud with Eddie and JBL beat him at the Great American Bash. He has been champ I believe for something like five months now. Credit must go to him cause he has pulled it off better than I think anyone thought he could.

Lara Emily
11-16-2004, 07:16 PM

On an episode of SmackDown, Paul Heyman confronted the APA and basically fired Faarooq. I don't remember why. Faarooq turned to Bradshaw for back-up, but Bradshaw just walked away.

Shortly thereafter, Bradshaw cuts a promo about how he's a self-made millionaire on the stock market and how he's living on Wall Street. Basically it was a Ted Dibiase-esque promo. He immediately sets his sights on Eddie Guerrero (who was WWE Champion at the time), and ended up beating him for the title. Now he has Orlando Jordan as his "Chief of Staff."

Randy Orton had the Intercontinental Title for nearly seven months before losing it to Edge. Shortly thereafter, he wins a battle royal on RAW for a shot at Chris Benoit's World Title. They have their match at Summerslam and, with help from Evolution, Orton wins the match. The next night on RAW, Evo turns on Orton for taking Triple H's spot, and now they're feuding.
Orton beat Benoit clean at Summerslam the rematch the next night was when Evo helped him win and then killed him.

Londoner
11-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Your abit slow Lara.(read rest of thread to find out what i mean ;) )

Hardkore Kidd J
11-16-2004, 08:42 PM

I believe Farrooq was fired because they had this tag match or something and if APA lost Farroqq would be fired.

Gone Mad
11-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Faaroq was beaten in match made by Bradshaw and Paul. Bradshaw wanted his friend to prove Heyman wrong but Faaroq knew the challenge was too much and that he would be fired. He lost and got fired and walked away from Bradshaw as he was telling him not to go, even though Bradshaw encouraged the match (whoever he was against).

BTW, Yashamaga, AWESOME sig and icon! You are my new hero. Damn Yankees!