PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed Underground 2

blueskies
11-19-2004, 06:57 AM
So after playing this game for a few days now.. I must say that it's enjoyable... but, could've been better.

Al the game mode from the 1st game is still here.. (Drag, Circuit, Drift & Sprint). But, what's different about these two.. is that on the 1st game.. you can just start off a race, or go and upgrade your car.. the 2nd game.. there's free roam.. so you've got to take a few minute of your time to drive from one place to another.. which.. I might add.. is really annoying. I liked the old way better.

Another thing, is that you can't sell your car. You can trade it in if you have three cars in your garage.. but, you're not going to get the upgrades you've put on that car, or any cash from the trade. Which, is gay too. Also, spinners on the car gives more styling points than wheels. Which, is ridiculous, 'cause if you've ever seen spinners on cars IRL.. you were probably thinking "haha, that guys' a douche."

Plus, I still don't get why there's three SUV in the game (Hummer H2, Lincoln Navigator & Cadillac Escalade). When they should've put a 2001 Acura Integra 2001, 200x Honda S2000 & 200x Honda NSX Type-R.

So overall, my final rating for the game is a 7.2

SuperSlim
11-19-2004, 07:56 AM
SUV? three of them? what are they thinking. and taking out the INtegras and S2000? I was already having doubts bout gettin this one. Now I really don't know. I wasn't too crazy about the free roam thing when I tried the demo out. I dunno.

blueskies
11-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Yep.. a Hummer, an Escalade, and a Navigator. Lol.
But here's a link to the complete car list in the game.

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground2/carlist/

SuperSlim
11-19-2004, 10:47 AM
still hate the fact that there are SUVs onit but they still have my Hyundai on there and the skyline. it's still a nice list.

Eunos
11-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Alright a Vauxhall Corsa :love:.. I drive a Corsa.

Btw whats the Soundtrack like?

I hope it's not infested with Hip Hop

Vietnamese Crippler
11-19-2004, 01:49 PM
It's a mix of hip hop, rock, and trance :o

G
11-19-2004, 06:44 PM
So is this game worth buying or what. Might be getting it on Gamecube. JUST MIGHT.

blueskies
11-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Here's the complete soundtrack list.
Freeland: Mind Killer (Jagz Kooner Remix)
Capone: I Need Speed
Chingy: I Do
Christopher Lawrence: Rush Hour
Cirrus: Back on a Mission
Felix Da Housecat: Rocket Ride (Soulwax Remix)
Fluke: Switch/Twitch
Helmet: Crashing Foreign Cars
Killradio: Scavenger
Killing Joke: The Death & Resurrection Show
Ministry: No W
Mudvayne: Determined
Paul Van Dyk: Nothing But You (Cirrus Remix)
Queens of the Stone Age: In My Head
Rise Against: Give it All
Septembre: I am Weightless
Skindred: Nobody
Sly Boogy: ThatҒz My Name
Sin: Hard EBM
Snapcase: Skeptic
Snoop Dogg feat. the Doors: Riders On The Storm (Fredwreck Remix)
Sonic Animation: E-Ville
Spiderbait: Black Betty
Terror Squad: Lean Back
The Bronx: Notice of Eviction
Unwritten Law: The Celebration Song
Xzibit: LAX

As for if this game is worth buy. I learned the lesson of never take anyone's opinion, since everyone has different tastes and standards for a game. So the best thing to do is just rent it first, see if you like it or not, and then make your decision from that.

SuperSlim
11-19-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm not likin this soundtrack. the one for the last game was awesome.

RoXer
11-19-2004, 07:57 PM
Snoop Dogg feat. the Doors: Riders On The Storm (Fredwreck Remix)

I hear that song is aweful. Gunna go download it and see what I think.

Vietnamese Crippler
11-19-2004, 08:03 PM
So is this game worth buying or what. Might be getting it on Gamecube. JUST MIGHT.

I say you get it.

But if you have any other system aside from GC, get it for that system. The X-Box and PS2 versions are better, especially the X-Box version.

G
11-19-2004, 08:11 PM
I have a ps2, but I like to play the cube more.

G
11-19-2004, 08:12 PM
So is it just like the first, only with new cars and shit.

Funky Fly
11-19-2004, 10:11 PM
LOL @ Hyundai. There is no such thing as a Hyundai that can go any fater than 55 mph.

Also LOL @ horrendous soundtrack.

Vietnamese Crippler
11-20-2004, 02:01 AM
So is it just like the first, only with new cars and shit.

It's basically the same, although the cars handle slightly different (read: better)

I still suggest getting the PS2 version only because it's smoother than the Cube version

Silent
11-20-2004, 02:31 AM
I still suggest getting the PS2 version only because it's smoother than the Cube version

Uh no, it looks worst on PS2, and the load times are total bullshit. The only thing is you get INSANE blur when you drive fast, so if you like that I guess.

I have it for Xbox, the game is really fun.. I don't mind the soundtrack, although it hasn't grown on me like the one from the first game. But it's not really that bad, the songs by Helmet, Paul Van Dyk, and Snapcase are all decent.

blueskies
11-20-2004, 05:54 AM
Finally ran a few races in the game earlier, not a bad game. As fun as the first one was.. although I still think the free roam is kind of pointless. Plus I find it annoying that there's always around 2-3 cars traffic on the street when racing, and you seem to always run into them. I mean.. c'mon.. if they're gonna have traffic.. put a lot so that everyone suffers from it.. after all.. the game probably takes place in a big city.

G
11-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Ok picked it up a little while ago today for Gamecube. Only played a few races, but I'm liking it so far. I love the new GPS system. If only GTA had that same feature. Was a bit hard to get use to the controls at first, but you get the hang of it after messing up a few hundred times. Haven't seen much traffic yet like ^ has, so can't comment there. Overall I'm glad I made the purchase. :y:

Can't wait to pimp out a Hummer :cool:

Vietnamese Crippler
11-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Uh no, it looks worst on PS2, and the load times are total bullshit. The only thing is you get INSANE blur when you drive fast, so if you like that I guess.

I guess I can't believe everything I read :o

blueskies
11-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Nope, you can't.

G
11-21-2004, 07:47 AM
It looks good on Gamecube. Unless you've done testing between different systems, don't go by what the big buys say.

LoDownM
11-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Pretty sweet game. 2005 Mustang GT and GTO you say. :drool: Still no custom soundtrack, even on PC. WTF :mad:

PC version > All 3 console versions.

Of course, that's pretty much a given for any game that comes out on PC and consoles.

G
11-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Since when have you seen a console game graphically better than a pc game. Never gonna happen.

Only problem with the Mustang is that it's one of the very last cars you unlock. :(

G
11-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Got a Hummer with 26' rims, although they don't look all that big. :'(

Danny Electric
11-21-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm thinking about getting it. I don't have a good racing game. I kind of like the soundtrack, love The Bronx song but it's nothing compared to the Burnout 3 soundtrack.

G
11-21-2004, 07:12 PM
This would be a good racing game to get. Unless you wait for GT4, but that's only if you wait for awhile.

KleptoKlown
11-25-2004, 02:27 AM
where the hell do you go to paint your car :mad:

i got a bunch of side skirts and bumbers...as well as performance upgrades, but cant figure out how to piant :@

blueskies
11-25-2004, 02:39 AM
Look for the Graphic Shop, it's the one with the redlights. So just drive around the town until you see a bunch of red lights, it'll lead you to it.

Vietnamese Crippler
11-25-2004, 03:33 AM
{lepto]{lown']where the hell do you go to paint your car :mad:

i got a bunch of side skirts and bumbers...as well as performance upgrades, but cant figure out how to piant :@

Graphics shops, like what blueskies what

It's not THAT hard to read the map :-p

Vietnamese Crippler
11-25-2004, 03:34 AM
It looks good on Gamecube. Unless you've done testing between different systems, don't go by what the big buys say.

I've seen it on the XBox and it looks miles ahead of the Gamecube. Really can't say anything about PS2 though

G
11-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Yes, but isn't that the way it always goes between the 2?

G
11-25-2004, 10:40 AM
^Gamecube and Xbox

G
11-25-2004, 10:42 AM
It's always different between PS2 and Gamecube. Some say PS2 is better, some say Gamecube is better. That's what I mean that you've got to see the difference for yourself.

blueskies
11-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Here's a link of the map and all the shops location in the game.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/nfs_underground_2_shops.png

And here's a link to tell you when each cars, uniques and magazine covers are unlocked.
http://cheats.gamespot.com/920467-Need-for-Speed-Underground-2

Vietnamese Crippler
11-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Too late since I already found all the shops :p