PDA

View Full Version : NEW WWE DVD'S

Loose Cannon
11-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Well Mr. JL mentioned the other day that the WWE will be releasing an RVD DVD similar to the Benoit/Guerrero DVD's in January.

Also coming out is a Best IC Title Matches DVD and an Andre the Giant DVD. Now The Andre one is a re-release from a Video the WWF put out back in the day. As for the IC Title one, I heard it may also be a re-release, but it might be a new one.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2004, 10:18 PM
I hope the IC Title one is actually a new one. There are so many good matches they could have in it.

Anyway, I hope we see a Chris Jericho DVD, Kurt Angle DVD, Hell in a Cell/Elimination Chamber DVD, a Ladder Match/TLC Match DVD, a Cruiserweight Championship DVD, A Gimmick Match DVD (with Buried Alive Matches, First Blood, etc.) and one recoutning the awesomeness that was Edge & Christian. But sadly that's not very likely.

Shadow
11-19-2004, 10:39 PM
What isn't? The awesomeness of Edge and Christian shall be on DVD. Mostly because they absoltuly reek of awesomeness.

Also a Gimmick Match DVD would rule. TLC's baby!

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2004, 11:04 PM
What isn't? The awesomeness of Edge and Christian shall be on DVD. Mostly because they absoltuly reek of awesomeness.

Also a Gimmick Match DVD would rule. TLC's baby!

I hope they do, because I really think E&C on DVD would sell like hotcakes. The Fightingness tag team of all time. That could actually make a good title for the DVD. Anyway, I hope they'd show a bit of Edge & Christian's career after they broke up, and have E&C on commentary during matches. :drool:

I can definately see a DVD focused on Ladder Matches, TLC and maybe a few incidents revolving around huge bumps (liek Shane McMahonn at Summerslam 2000). Just maybe interviews with wrestlers about how they tried to make their ladder matches different, what went wrong, who was the weak link in the TLC matches (if there was one). It will be interesting to here stories from Lita, Spike Dudley and Rhyno, who we rarely here speak about their experiences in TLC 2. It will also be interesting to know who really were the creative geniuses behind the spots. Who decided Jeff & Spike would get Swantoned by Jeff Hardy, and who suggested Edge Speared Hardy form the title belts. I would look forward to hearing about the fan run-in during the Eddie/RVD Ladder Match, and how Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho felt about having a Ladder Match since the bar had been raised with the TLC. Hearing The Undertaker talk about his ladder experiences would be great, too.

A gimmick match DVD with First Blood, Iron Man, Last Man Standing, Triple Threats, Fatal Fourways, TLC (maybe just as extras), Hell in a Cell, Elimination Chamber, etc. would make for great viewing, not only for the actual matches, but for the thoughts going through the wrestlers' heads before, during and after the match. It will be interesting to hear Al Snow's story about his Hardcore Match with Hardcore Holly, and his Kennel from Hell Match with the Big Boss Man (RIP). With gimmicks stemming back to AWA and NWA, there could really be some interesting stories to let out, and it might even inspire the WWE/TNA with some ideas.

A DVD recapping the Royal Rumbles would be great. I could watch an eight hour documentary on the thing. I would love to hear all the stories behind them, and just what the matches meant, and what wrestlers tried to do as far as innovation was concerned. The whole hardcore thing in 2001 would be interesting. Same thing with a King of the Ring DVD. It will be interesting to hear whether or not the lockerrom changes around these times as a way to impress officials, etc.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a DVD dedicated to multi-man matches as well as tag team wrestling.

MVP
11-19-2004, 11:34 PM
IC Title match DVD sounds hott.

Londoner
11-20-2004, 09:05 AM
If the IC title thing is a new one, i would buy that. Ive also made a final decision to get the ECW one. Anyone know how much it is in the uk?

Wildcat789
11-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Kurt Angle had a DVD. It was released back when the company was still WWF. Granted, they made another Undertaker DVD going back to his classic days, but I don't think the WWE will be jumping on a re-released Angle one.

Disturbed316
11-20-2004, 04:45 PM
They should do a WCW one in the form of what they have just done with the ECW dvd. Monday Night Wars was ok, but it could have been so much better.

Xero
11-20-2004, 04:48 PM
They should do a WCW one in the form of what they have just done with the ECW dvd. Monday Night Wars was ok, but it could have been so much better.
My thoughts from the ECW thread exactly. :y: That would be a GREAT DVD. "The Rise and Fall of WCW".

WWE has been on a roll releasing great DVDs lately. I own pretty much every documentary-type DVDs with match extras since Hulk Still Rules. I just need to get a few of the single disc ones.

SuperSlim
11-20-2004, 04:52 PM
I still need to get Eddie's DVD. and wasn't they gonna do a Bret DVD sometime?

Innovator
11-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Jericho DVD

Mr. JL
11-20-2004, 05:17 PM
The Rise and Fall of the WWF(E)...

You don't even need to make a documentary... just fucking show a few of Triple H's matches/segments and everyone will get the picture. It would be funny if someone picks up on this. And all they show is Triple H segments and the roster talks about how he held the title and booked himself to look like a God. You could get interviews from Pat Patterson. Wrestlers could completely trash HHH.

The Naitch
11-20-2004, 09:28 PM
^^^ LOL

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 09:35 PM
The Rise and Fall of the WWF(E)...

You don't even need to make a documentary... just fucking show a few of Triple H's matches/segments and everyone will get the picture. It would be funny if someone picks up on this. And all they show is Triple H segments and the roster talks about how he held the title and booked himself to look like a God. You could get interviews from Pat Patterson. Wrestlers could completely trash HHH.

If they did it in an unbiased way, and had people like Patterson & Heyman give their opinions on the product. And if they didn't make it all about Triple H then I'd buy it.

Dorkchop
11-22-2004, 02:18 PM
And E & C DVD would sell like madd. SO much that "mad" needs two d's. It's not likely, but maaaan it would be great.

The following need best of DVDs:
Angle
Y2J
Booker T (Just after he wins the WWE title)
Kane
WCW cruserweight matches
Why Holly shouldn't be wrestling anymore

Mr. Nerfect
11-23-2004, 01:17 AM
And E & C DVD would sell like madd. SO much that "mad" needs two d's. It's not likely, but maaaan it would be great.

The following need best of DVDs:
Angle
Y2J
Booker T (Just after he wins the WWE title)
Kane
WCW cruserweight matches
Why Holly shouldn't be wrestling anymore

That's IF Booker T wins the WWE Championship. Anyway, I really, really hope they release an E&C DVD, as well as a Ladder/TLC one and a cruiserweight one.

Londoner
11-23-2004, 06:39 PM
I think they could make the E&C one into three discs(once edge has won the world title though). Basically you would have the tag team matches on one disc and have there own matches on the other two discs.

Mr. Nerfect
11-24-2004, 01:12 AM
I think they could make the E&C one into three discs(once edge has won the world title though). Basically you would have the tag team matches on one disc and have there own matches on the other two discs.

I'd prefer it if they had one for early careers spanning ot their first World Tag Team Championship win, then the second was the "Reeking of Awesomeness" tag team era, and the last was Edge & Christian's singles careers.