PDA

View Full Version : opinions on Jordan, Jindrak and Spike

Aussie Skier
11-20-2004, 01:55 AM
ok, just curious what your opinions are on these three guys, who were effectively doing nothing for a while, and have now all taken heel roles.

For me
Orlando Jordan: For starters, i wished they'd start calling him OJ. aaanyways, i have been really impressed with OJ :) lately. I think he is finally getting a good go in the ring and i for one hate him after pulling the ref out of the ring agaisnt JBL.

Jindrak: Hopeless...i wish they'd get rid of him personally. He has no charisma, he's just big. i doubt he has much wrestling ability either.

spike: i liked spike as a face. As a heel, i just think its kinda stoopid really. and its strange that they turned him cos he was getting GREAT face pops there 4 a while

Corkscrewed
11-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Switch the basis of OJ and Jindrak's comments, and take the opposite of your view on Spike and that's my opinion.

123 kid
11-20-2004, 05:00 AM
Orlando Jordan is OK, but no more than OK, all thats good about him is his Cross Body.

Mark Jindrak has the ability to become a major player in the WWE one day, not yet, but in a few years I think we could see this guy Main-Eventing.

Spike Dudley - he's good, and is better as a heel. He's one of those scrawny guys you just want to stab :mad:. But the major downside to Spike is for the past 3 years, he was seen as a joke, somewhat of a jobber. But all suddenly he has become a Cruiserweight Champion, and the leader of his own stable. Although I can understand this, the average mark still won't take Spike seriously they will just see him as a 'Funaki' if you will.

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Orlando Jordan is OK, but no more than OK, all thats good about him is his Cross Body.

Mark Jindrak has the ability to become a major player in the WWE one day, not yet, but in a few years I think we could see this guy Main-Eventing.

Spike Dudley - he's good, and is better as a heel. He's one of those scrawny guys you just want to stab :mad:. But the major downside to Spike is for the past 3 years, he was seen as a joke, somewhat of a jobber. But all suddenly he has become a Cruiserweight Champion, and the leader of his own stable. Although I can understand this, the average mark still won't take Spike seriously they will just see him as a 'Funaki' if you will.

That's why I think they should have a stable of ECW guys revolve around him and Heyman.

Anyway, OJ is decent in the ring, and I'm sure he will get better and put on some classic matches when the time comes. His promo skills are great, and if they gave him some character while he's with JBL, it could be really interesting. It shall be good to see Amy Weber serve as their valet, and who knows, maybe Rocky Johnson could work out a part-time deal and accompany JBL & Orlando to the ring.

Londoner
11-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Switch the basis of OJ and Jindrak's comments, and take the opposite of your view on Spike and that's my opinion.

I agree, OJ has bored the fuck out of me, he has nothing about him apart from being 'chief of staff', his matches have sucked also. Whats worse is his matches seem to go on for 20 minutes.

As for Jindrak, i think hes got a good future ahead of him, just needs to be used more. He hasn't really got much direction, i say have him and Luther reigns win the tag titles sometime soon, but don't just chuck them off of TV like Dupree and Suzuki.(why does the wwe continue to trick the wrestlers that they are using them properly and then chuck them off of TV for ages to make us forget about them?)

As for spike, i'm sort of 50/50 on his heel turn, because it looks stupid after the amount of times the D-von/Bubba have turned against him and now all of a sudden he's the boss? Wtf is that about? He's playing the role well, ill give him that, but it just seems abit odd to me.

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 05:12 PM
I agree, OJ has bored the fuck out of me, he has nothing about him apart from being 'chief of staff', his matches have sucked also. Whats worse is his matches seem to go on for 20 minutes.

As for Jindrak, i think hes got a good future ahead of him, just needs to be used more. He hasn't really got much direction, i say have him and Luther reigns win the tag titles sometime soon, but don't just chuck them off of TV like Dupree and Suzuki.(why does the wwe continue to trick the wrestlers that they are using them properly and then chuck them off of TV for ages to make us forget about them?)

As for spike, i'm sort of 50/50 on his heel turn, because it looks stupid after the amount of times the D-von/Bubba have turned against him and now all of a sudden he's the boss? Wtf is that about? He's playing the role well, ill give him that, but it just seems abit odd to me.

I think OJ should use some of his boxing in his matches, as well as some of his above average skills. OJ is apparently really good at working a crowd, and if he builds his style around that, I think he will be less boring in the ring.

Jindrak is athletic, and they should really let him use that to his advantage. I think he should start using Bull Buchanan's old leaping clothesline in the corner (he jumps to the top rope, then turns around and hits a flying clothesline). Jindrak also has a great finishing move in the Mark of Excellence, and the Fireman Carry's Neckbreaker if they let him use it. If they gave "Team Angle" some entrance music for themselves (maybe "I Don't Suck" form the Anthology CD?) so Jindrak doesn't need to be overshadowed by Luther's awesome music. Also they should give more insight into his relationship with Kurt Angle, Luther Reigns & Theodore R. Long. I can see more of a rivalry between Jindrak & Reigns than a partnership, and it seems they either came form very similiar backgrounds or very different ones. I think that hsould be visited by the writing team.

Spike Dudley's beocme WAY more enjoyable since he's a heel, but I don't like the way he's playing it. Spike Dudley should be the bossy heel because he's snapped and has a truth to his arguement. Him saying The Dudleys should have listened to him, although heelish, is just screaming of the "heel says bad thing even though it's blatantly not true" gene. It pretty much sets the stage for a Dudleys face turn.

I think it would have been better if Spike Dudley had said "Now they know how I feel! I did that deliberately so they would know what they've put me through my entire life. We're not square after that assault, but I'm going to forgive my brothers, because it is the right thing to do. I've loved them my entire life, but they've neglected me, and have put that love through every trial they could think of. Now that they know how I've been feeling all these years, how I've been hurting most of my life, maybe they're respect and love for me will be realised, and they'll get back to focusing on what they're here to focus on. Me and my WWE Cruiserweight Championship. If they can't come back from one position where they had a total 500lbs putting them through a table, like I did after having their 560lbs force me through them, then they really shouldn't even call themselves Dudleys, and certainly not my brothers."

BlackDawn2024
11-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Orlando's good. He's got nice mic skills, average in the ring. But overall, he needs more work.

Jindrak is pointless. He serves no purpose and does nothing on SmackDown. Yeah, so he's in Angle's stable that's going no where, but what does that do? Nothing.

The cruiserweight title has lost so much of my respect since Spike won it. If you look at the guys who have held that title(and yes, I take the CW's title lineage all the way back from WCW)...

Dean Malenko
Juvi
Ultimo(I miss you, Ultimo :'( )
Rey
Psychosis(I had to say it :D )
Jericho(when he was a cruiser)
Chavo
Kidman

Then...Spike...Dudley... :-\

It just makes zero sense to me, as I've never looked at Spike as a cruiserweight. Just because you're 150 pounds doesn't qualify you to be considered a cruiser in my book. I've never seen Spike as a cruiser...more of a jobber(oh, snap!). :p

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 09:01 PM
I would love to see Dean Malenko come out of retirement for a short time just to give the title more of a division to it. Maybe a tournament should be held headed into Amrageddon to decide who should get a title shot, then have that challenger win the title, only for them to lose it a month later at the Royal Rumble to Asai/Ultimo Dragon.

The Naitch
11-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Spike is awesome. The Boss? HAHAHA I love it.

BlackDawn2024
11-21-2004, 08:33 PM
I would love to see Dean Malenko come out of retirement for a short time just to give the title more of a division to it. Maybe a tournament should be held headed into Amrageddon to decide who should get a title shot, then have that challenger win the title, only for them to lose it a month later at the Royal Rumble to Asai/Ultimo Dragon.

:yes: :y:

Savio
11-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Switch the basis of OJ and Jindrak's comments, and take the opposite of your view on Spike and that's my opinion.You want Jindrak to be called OJ?

Gone Mad
11-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Spike: I like the Boss gimmick. He is just a complete asshole and it's cool, though the other Dudleys not doing anything but being slaves to him is kinda lame. They have nothing to lose, except if there's another Dudley coming soon or something. Oh, the CW division is like that of the tag team and women's, so who cares? That's right.. not the writers.

Jordan: He could be better and could not get any worse than before. There is just something that bores me about him or maybe all the hype that he has gotten over the years. All I see is a dork throwing punches (like Heidenreck).

Jindrak: He's alright but yea, I don't seem to like him either. He needs charisma or a personality or something. He is just.. big guy doing stuff... and that's it. Nothing more.

RemyRed
11-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Right now Jindrak is nothing more than a ripoff of Luther IMO. They've only kept him around because he's a good friend of Randy Orton's.

The CyNick
11-21-2004, 10:49 PM
I like heel Spike, its something different for him. I mean I used to really hate the guy, but now I can tolerate him.

OJ is doing alright. He's getting his personality over, and also getting some decent ring time on TV. He needs to develop some more before he takes the next step. But I think he's on his way to being an effective piece of talent. How far will he go? Too hard to say at this point.

Jindrak is useless to me, I wouldn't be upset if he was fired. But he's got the look that turns Vince on, so its unlikely he'll be let go anytime soon. I'd much rather see the spot he's in go to Charlie Haas (which would make more sense), because at least with Haas, I know he has talent and just needs the right angle to get him over. But yeah, throw Jindrak down the well, so my country can be free.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
11-22-2004, 06:14 AM
Yeah, we must take Jindrak by his horns and then have a big party.

Every time I see Jindrak, I just think of O'Haire and wonder why they couldn't find an angle for O'Haire and his awesome gimmick, but they could for JINDRAK of all people?

I like heel Spike.

Orlando Jordan I see pretty much the same way as I see Jindrak. Just extremely average if not less.

Afterlife
11-23-2004, 07:44 AM
Spike is good, no matter what.

Jindrak is just a heel in the crowd. (get it?)

OJ looks like Skeletor, and it really creeps me out.