PDA

View Full Version : What DVD would you like to see?

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm just curious, as to what DVD they're choose if they could only have one made.

I really can't make up my mind, but if I had to choose one, I'd probably get one with the greatest Ladder Matches, TLC Matches & high spots in wrestling. I'd also like one with the Royal Rumbles, Battle Royals and War Games matches, complete with interviews and promos, etc.

123 kid
11-20-2004, 07:04 PM
A Gimmick Matches one would be great. But I'd really like to see a Tag Team one. Beginning with Legion of Doom. Then going through the years with selected tag teams.
I'd like to see these tag teams featured....
L.O.D
New Age Outlaws
D-Generation X (HHH & HBK)
Hart Foundation
British Bulldogs
Edge and Christian
Hardy Boyz
Dudley Boyz
Rock 'n' Sock connection
Brothers of Destruction
Natural Disasters

And plenty of others that I can't think of right now.

Hardkore Kidd J
11-20-2004, 07:12 PM
A Gimmick Matches one would be great. But I'd really like to see a Tag Team one. Beginning with Legion of Doom. Then going through the years with selected tag teams.
I'd like to see these tag teams featured....
L.O.D
New Age Outlaws
D-Generation X (HHH & HBK)
Hart Foundation
British Bulldogs
Edge and Christian
Hardy Boyz
Dudley Boyz
Rock 'n' Sock connection
Brothers of Destruction
Natural Disasters

And plenty of others that I can't think of right now.

:y:

I would like to see a Randy Orton DVD

Evil Vito
11-20-2004, 07:13 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Battle Royal DVD</font>

Eunos
11-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Looks like ive been beaten to the idea of a Battle Royal DVD

The ones i would definatly suggest featuring would be
The Albert Hall Battle Royal
The Wrestlemania 2 and 4 Battle Royals
The 40 man Battle Royal which Tatanka won
One on Smackdown many years ago which Hulk and Triple H both eliminated each other.
The won which Booker T won for his Wrestlemania title shot.
Randy Ortons winning one
Kanes winning one
The recent one in England
Some classic ones
etc...

Scarface
11-20-2004, 07:30 PM
The golden years 1997 - 2001

Took
11-20-2004, 07:46 PM
A Bret dvd, owen dvd, pillman dvd..shit, gimme a Hart Foundation dvd as well.
Then a best of technical wrestling dvd.

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 08:40 PM
A Bret dvd, owen dvd, pillman dvd..shit, gimme a Hart Foundation dvd as well.
Then a best of technical wrestling dvd.

I prefer the idea of a Canadian wrestlers DVD. You can have The Harts, Benoit, Jericho, Test, Edge, Christian, Val Venis, Gail Kim, Trish Stratus, Lance Storm and others.

Xero
11-20-2004, 08:52 PM
The Rise and Fall of WCW
From the <s>Vault</s> Crypt: The Undertaker
A Bret Hart DVD
A Hart Family DVD
TLC DVD (Having all of the TLC, Ladder, and Tables matches)
Gimmick Matches DVD
The History of the Hardcore Championship
Entire box sets of WrestleMania, Suvivor Series, SummerSlam, the Royal Rumble, and the King of the Ring
The Best of In Your House
WrestleCrap: The DVD Collection (Or, since it would be WWE, Gimmicks From Hell)
The History of the IC Championship
The History of the WWE Championship
The History of the World Heavyweight Championship (Including NWA, WCW, and WWE)
The History of the European Championship

Azriel
11-20-2004, 08:55 PM
I think after Taker's retirement they need to have a 3 disc DVD of Undertaker, one for each phase, depending on how long this phase lasts.

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 09:23 PM
The Rise and Fall of WCW
From the <s>Vault</s> Crypt: The Undertaker
A Bret Hart DVD
A Hart Family DVD
TLC DVD (Having all of the TLC, Ladder, and Tables matches)
Gimmick Matches DVD
The History of the Hardcore Championship
Entire box sets of WrestleMania, Suvivor Series, SummerSlam, the Royal Rumble, and the King of the Ring
The Best of In Your House
WrestleCrap: The DVD Collection (Or, since it would be WWE, Gimmicks From Hell)
The History of the IC Championship
The History of the WWE Championship
The History of the World Heavyweight Championship (Including NWA, WCW, and WWE)
The History of the European Championship

That's what I'm hoping for. I really hope we see a range of DVDs, maybe call them something like "WWE Gold". Then you can have a DVD dedicated to the WWE Championship, the World Heavyweight Championship (just for the DVD's sake refer to it as the WCW Championship), the Intercontinental Championship, the European Championship, the United States Championship (just for the DVD's sake, make it chronicle the WCW US Title as well), the Hardcore Championship, the Cruiserweight Championship, the World Tag Team Championship, the WWE Tag Team Championship, the Women's Championship and the Light Heavyweight Championship (maybe make it a COMPLETE history since it's very short).

A Rise and Fall of WCW would be good, and if they had matches that basically showed off every idea, I really think the WWE could re-package all the old WCW events on DVD. I would fork out $100 for a 5-set DVD for either the WWE, WCW or ECW's greatest matches. Maybe they could have a mixture of all three in one box set. I don't know much about the rights to their NWA and AWA footage, but if they've got some good matches in there, I say use it (outside of WWE 24/7). I don't know if they've done it or not, but it would be interesting to here stories from WWE superstars as the WWE was being established, when it was gonig through its high peaks, and where it is at now. Sort of a "Rise of WWE" thing. It will be interesting to here stories about rumours that never made it out of the lockerroom, and plans that went down the drain.

A box-set with all the Royal Rumbles, World War III and Battle Royals would make for some great viewing. As long as they had interviews with the guys about it, because that could really be a highlight. Jim Ross & Tazz doing alternate commentary during the Rumbles would be great. I guess the RR deserves a DVD in itself.

A gimmick match DVD would be good, and I'd hope they'd include the 3 Stages of Hell, Hell in a Cell, War Games and Elimination Chambers. It would be interesting to hear who created the matches, and what they planned would happen that worked, and what didn't.

A RAW and SmackDown! history on respective DVDs would be great. Have Theodore R. Long host the SmackDown! set, and Todd Grisham host the SmackDown! one. Have interviews, and allow both sets of commentary teams on both brands (Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler, Jonathan Coachman & Todd Grisham for the RAW brand and Michael Cole & Tazz, Bill DeMott & Josh Mathews for SmackDOwn!) do alternate commentary.

A King of the Ring DVD would be good, if they included all of the matches they could in.

One on The Dudleys and one on Edge & Christian would be good as well. Maybe one on tag wrestling in general. I think Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho & Dean Malenko deserve one, too.

Azriel
11-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Wait another 5 years or more for a Kurt Angle one so they can really do it justice.

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Wait another 5 years or more for a Kurt Angle one so they can really do it justice.

Good point. Or two years, depending on when he retires. It will sell like hotcakes either way.

blueskies
11-20-2004, 10:03 PM
The only DVD I really care for right now is An Exellence of Execution DVD.
I'm sure you know who I'm talkin' about. :)

Mr. Nerfect
11-20-2004, 11:10 PM

Mark Jindrak. :shifty:

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
11-21-2004, 12:22 AM
An nWo one would be interesting.

Also, a Gillberg one would be sweet.

Gouda
11-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Edge and Christian
Hardy Boyz
Dudley Boyz

They'd feature alot of the same matches. Though the E & C one would likely contain hilarious promo goodness.

Innovator
11-21-2004, 02:49 AM
CHRIS JERICHO

Joe Kerr
11-21-2004, 02:54 AM
I wouldn't mine a triple H one starting back when he was Hunter hearst helmsly..(the blue blood)all the way up to the game. he has put on a lot of great matches and has cut a few decent promos.

Aussie Skier
11-21-2004, 02:59 AM
would love an NWO DVD, cos idont know too much about them

Mr. Nerfect
11-21-2004, 03:09 AM
They'd feature alot of the same matches. Though the E & C one would likely contain hilarious promo goodness.

That's a good point, but an Edge & Christian one would feature their after split runs, and some of their early work (as well as the promo awesomeness). The Dudleys have ECW. The Hardyz is the one team I'd stay away from in that match. Although they've had their shares of spots, and wrestling (in Matt's case), they haven't had anything that stands out away from their epics with E&C and The Dudleys, somehting that is important if they were going to make seperate DVDs for these guys.

Excellance of Execution
11-21-2004, 08:33 AM
I don't think you want to see a dvd about me!! Oh wait, you must mean Bret Hart :shifty: :lol:

Excellance of Execution
11-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Seriously though, i would love to see a Best of Bret Hart 3-disc DVD. That would be the best dvd of all time. :y:

Hardkore Kidd J
11-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Seriously though, i would love to see a Best of Bret Hart 3-disc DVD. That would be the best dvd of all time. :y:
:y:

Xero
11-21-2004, 09:51 AM
An nWo one would be interesting.

Also, a Gillberg one would be sweet.

would love an NWO DVD, cos idont know too much about them

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000067J4M/qid=1101048772/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl74/102-8169427-6548904?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

It's been out for a few years now. Not huge, but it's good.

Joe Kerr
11-21-2004, 10:16 AM
All Diva , All nude....minus Mae young and Moolah....hey one can wish.

on a side note....TNA X Division DVD would be sweet

Hardkore Kidd J
11-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Don't they have one of those all ready Joey?

Hardkore Kidd J
11-21-2004, 10:33 AM
javascript:;

Hardkore Kidd J
11-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Check the TNA website I'm positive they have have a Best of X division DVD

Joe Kerr
11-21-2004, 10:44 AM
you right found this..

Best Of The X Division Matches
Order Today For Only $24.95
Innovative, Cutting-Edge, Death Defying, Outrageous—any of these words still can’t adequately describe the TNA X Division. Amazing athletes such as AJ Styles, Low Ki, and Jerry Lynn put the X Division on the map, and performances in X matches helped introduce new stars like Chris Sabin, Michael Shane, Frankie Kazarian, Kid Kash, and Amazing Red to wrestling fans around the world. Includes the most exciting X Division matches in TNA history.

Hardkore Kidd J
11-21-2004, 06:22 PM
you right found this..

Best Of The X Division Matches
Order Today For Only $24.95
Innovative, Cutting-Edge, Death Defying, Outrageous—any of these words still can’t adequately describe the TNA X Division. Amazing athletes such as AJ Styles, Low Ki, and Jerry Lynn put the X Division on the map, and performances in X matches helped introduce new stars like Chris Sabin, Michael Shane, Frankie Kazarian, Kid Kash, and Amazing Red to wrestling fans around the world. Includes the most exciting X Division matches in TNA history.

Yeah, I kinda knew it'd be there I check ramdom results on that site. What I'd also like to see is if the TNA stuff moves to like Wal-Mart and stuff. It would attract and interest a casual fan who never got to see TNA like myself and that would lead to more $$$ on TNA'S part.

Fox
11-22-2004, 01:11 AM
Greatest Matches of All-Time: WCW & WWE
2-Disc Set

Would include (among many others):

WWE
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant - WrestleMania III
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart - WrestleMania X
Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart - WrestleMania XIII
Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble 2003
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit - Summerslam 2001 - Best 2/3 Falls
The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Dudleys - TLC II - Summerslam 2001
Stone Cold vs. The Rock - WrestleMania X-7 (their best outing, in my opinion)
Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho - WrestleMania XIX
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H vs. Chris Benoit - WrestleMania XX
Mankind vs. The Undertaker - King of the Ring 98 - Hell in a Cell
Mankind vs. Shawn Michaels - Mind Games 97

WCW
Hulk Hogan vs. Goldberg - Nitro - Title Switch
Sting vs. Hulk Hogan - Starrcade 97
DDP vs. Chris Benoit vs. Raven - Uncensored 98 - US Title Hardcore Match
Chris Benoit vs. Booker T - Best of 7 Series (hopefully they'd choose the best one)
Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero - Halloween Havoc 97
The Outsiders vs. Sting/Macho Man/Lex Luger - Bash at the Beach
Billy Kidman vs. Rey Mysterio - Nitro (pick one)
DDP vs. Hollywood Hogan vs. Ric Flair vs. Sting - Spring Stampede 99
Goldberg vs. The nWo vs. The Wolfpack - Road Wild 98 - Battle Royal

John la Rock
11-22-2004, 01:18 AM
The Rock DVD. All his greatest matches and promos. 3 Discs. Much like the Flair DVD