PDA

View Full Version : Should the WWE Create an FCC Character in 05

Loose Cannon
11-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Ok, I'm watching the ECW DVD and Dreamer was talking about what makes a great feud and he was saying how like Austin vs Vince was great cause it was "Common Man" vs Corporate Slime Ball. People can relate to that.

In today's day and age, the FCC seems to be mentioned a number of time in the media. The FCC wants this, the FCC is after them, the FCC prohibits that. I'm sure a number of people have heard of them and don't like them, especially wrestling fans.

I know we had the RTC a while back, which BTW was one of my all-time favorite gimmicks, but with Richards, Venis, GF, Ivory, and Buchanon, it didn't exactly speak success, no matter how dam good Richards was in that role.

Well, say one night a guy nobody knows or has ever seen before, both the casual and Internet fans, comes out with a suit, a clipboard in his hand and glasses, during say like a pillow fight. He would say " NO NO NO, Wait a minute here, we can't allow this sort of smut to proceed on this TV show. What's this saying for our American youth, what's this saying for our integrity, what's this saying about yourselves..blah blah blah."

You then throw Vince in this to make it legit and have him argue with the guy in the back about how it's his program and he should be able to show what he wants. The guy comes back and slaps Vince with a fine and tells him never to air anything like this again.

Then to make this a "wrestling" story, you add WWE guys who the audience would actually believe cares about good quality family programming. Who's the one guy in the WWE, who's a superstar, who would be perfect for this?

Enter HBK. How about that. HBK starts acting like himself, the real HBK, who has said the past couple of years how he's changed his ways and how he's a "good" man now. How much would it get under the audiences skin to see there hero, HBK, come out with a suit, with glasses, and agreeing with this guy. HBK wouldn't give a promo blasting the Wrestling fans for cheering the smut, oh no. He would give a promo on how the world is a better place with the FCC running things. He would say our children are in good hands with the FCC. Our lives are safer with the FCC in control.

Then you throw in somebody who is anti-control, anti-values, anti-FCC to the fullest. You throw in John FK'N CENA. How much would that rule to have Cena stand up for the casual everyday common man who just wants to sit down and have a good time. And Cena was the one getting towned down any way for what he was saying on Smackdown.

Then you could throw more guys on the FCC bandwagon, but they got to seem legit, like they reallt would support that. Angle, Storm, Regal etc.....

I think it would be pretty cool because it's real feel to it. Especially if Vince is involved and is a face through all this. Maybe he could actually turn heel through it by making a deal with the FCC by getting a shit load of money from them, which he keeps for himself.

Nark Order
11-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Right To Censor was along the same lines...

I think an FFC character would look too much like a recycled angle...

Mike the Metal Ed
11-21-2004, 06:06 PM
I like it.

Loose Cannon
11-21-2004, 06:07 PM
YOU IDIOT, READ THE WHOLE DAM POST FIRST. I MENTIONED THEM. How do you come into a thread and not read anything and then post. Hate when people do that :mad:

Nark Order
11-21-2004, 06:09 PM
YOU IDIOT, READ THE WHOLE DAM THREAD FIRST. I MENTIONED THEM. How do you come into a thread and not read anything and then post. Hate when people do that :mad:I did read it, god damn it. I just think that your idea is almost the exact same as the idea executed in 2000

Loose Cannon
11-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Yes, but they were a mid-card stable going nowhere. This wouldn't be exactly the same because it would be a major angle with major players in it. And it's nt like the WWE hasn't recycled characters/angles before using different guys.

*SEE RANDY ORTON

Nark Order
11-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Well, that's true. And I did like RTC but maybe you're right that it could be better if put on a larger scale. Especially if you get Vince and HBK involved.

HeartBreakMan2k
11-21-2004, 06:14 PM
I like it a lot. Seems a bit like ECW vs the Network though.

Loose Cannon
11-21-2004, 06:17 PM
^^That's actually was the one I was basing it on. Yeah, it is more like that, but lot's of fans never saw that (well, they might of now with the ECW DVD) and I think it would be a perfect time to go with it with all the commotion with the FCC. IE Janet Jackson, TO/Desperate Housewives and other stuff.

Danny Electric
11-21-2004, 06:21 PM
What was the ECW vs The Network angle?

Mr. Nerfect
11-22-2004, 04:07 AM
It's an interesting idea, and I'd love to see the WWE do it. Maybe have the guy come out on SmackDown! and have him claim he's from a concerned company, or even respresenting the Board of Directors? Anyway I like the idea of him giving us promo number three or four from him, but have him call himself something like "James Michaels". Anyway out pops Shawn Michaels and we see a staredown in the ring with James not backing down, presummingly because he has immunity or something of the like given to them by the network or by the owners of the arena. Shawn Michaels then stares down James Michaels before going "Hello....cousin." instantly we have background on this feud, and we want to know what happened between these two as children, etc.

Anyway it turns out the company James Michaels is on hire from is the one/one of the ones under control of JBL. Apparently he wants to pull the plug on a lot of his opponents by claiming they are unfit for television. Then HBK gets into a personal feud with Garrison Cade, who was on HBK's side until Dreambreak Kid, James Michaels pulled the plug on that relationship but offering Garrison a place in the Layfield Corporation, after WrestleMania. This allows a new challenger to step up in the form of John Cena, as you said.

The Icon of Elisim
11-22-2004, 06:47 PM
To take it a bit further it would be cool if they got control of a brand and ran it on strict morals and such. It would give the shows a cool atmosphere and a running story throughout every show.

But the idea of an upper card RTC type group would be cool. I really liked that group when it started but it got stale very quickly as they had no effect on anything other than the tag team and women divisions.

The Answer
11-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Not bad,I can see Heidenreich in this role for some reason

Savio
11-22-2004, 07:45 PM
They need a nazi type Heel first.....then a person dressed up as a huge penis....It could work after that.

foodstampchamp
11-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Eh this would basically be a ripoff of Right to Censor and ECW's Network Angle. I don't really see a point in recycling an old idea like this.

HeartBreakMan2k
11-22-2004, 10:07 PM
They need a nazi type Heel first.....then a person dressed up as a huge penis....It could work after that.
*Starts TNA chant*

Savio
11-22-2004, 10:13 PM
Whoa do they seriously have that in TNA? Or are you talking about TPWW's TNA

HeartBreakMan2k
11-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Whoa do they seriously have that in TNA? Or are you talking about TPWW's TNA
Yup, at the start they had the human penises. I forget what it was actually called. I wanna say the Johnsons or something like that, but yeah they were dressed like penises.

Then Skull and 8-Ball were as close to Nazi's as you could get without having Bradshaw.

HeartBreakMan2k
11-22-2004, 10:44 PM
http://www.oldschool-wrestling.com/wwow/WWW_pictures/johnsons.jpg

Even before TNA produced its first show, the rumors were flying. Most of them centered around a new tag team that would debut at the show: The Johnsons. They were going to wrestle in full-body condom suits, the rumors said. Their names were going to be Richard and Rod Johnson. (Get it? Dick? And Rod?)

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width="99%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD>Anyway, the first show arrives, and sure enough, out come The Johnson Brothers. Richard and Rod. Thankfully, by fate, design or just bad rumors, they aren't wearing condoms as masks, though their body-suits are flesh-colored.

The Johnsons were actually Florida-based tag team The Shane Twins. Yep, TWINS. Who in their right mind would waste a gimmick like identical twins by putting both under masks. Retarded to the limit.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Anyway, they showed up for a couple of shows, then turned on their manager Mortimer Plumtree. They have yet to be seen in TNA again, and have returned to Florida as The Shanes.

By the way, does anyone feel like a fuckin power ranger when they click "Go Advanced"

Corkscrewed
11-23-2004, 03:36 AM
I don't think this sort of a stable would have enough fire to merit a main event push. These sort of things are more RTC type stuff--middle card, no real main eventers in it, because after a while, fans just get frustrated. Sure, it'll garner a TON of heat at first, but it can also fizzle out pretty quickly.

It's a nice idea in theory, but I don't think it would work in the scope you want, LC, and since we've already had a version of this recently, I don't think it would work too well period.

Mr. Nerfect
11-23-2004, 03:58 AM
I don't think this sort of a stable would have enough fire to merit a main event push. These sort of things are more RTC type stuff--middle card, no real main eventers in it, because after a while, fans just get frustrated. Sure, it'll garner a TON of heat at first, but it can also fizzle out pretty quickly.

It's a nice idea in theory, but I don't think it would work in the scope you want, LC, and since we've already had a version of this recently, I don't think it would work too well period.

I think a JBL vs. John Cena could fill a similiar purpose, witht he fans getting behind the uncensored guy, and booing the suit. JBL vs. John Cena is a feud that could really work, and I hope we see JBL retain the title headed out of WrestleMania against Shawn Michaels, so we can move inot that feud leading up to Summerslam 2005.

Gerard
11-23-2004, 06:54 AM

Triple h wears nazi propoganda shirts...and pretty much is a huge penis, thats that part sorted.

Heyman
11-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Hmmmm...........

It seems like an interesting idea, but I wouldn't be behind it.

At this point in time, I highly doubt that the fans would "buy in" to Shawn Michaels playing a character like that (he's been around way too long, and he's an established legend..........much like me on tpww for those who don't know :p ).

I'd much rather see Vince McMahon make random appearances and bash the FCC <font color=black>like we saw last night. That skit was f'cking hilarious! :lol:</font> <--Raw spoiler (November 22/04)