PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Sugarcult, NFG and Green Day show last night

DegenerationY
11-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Pretty fun time.

My car got a flat tire, so my friend and I couldn't properly pre-party, so we had to improvise on the way there. By the time we got there, we were pretty gone, so it was a good time.

We got there about 5pm, so we could do the whole meet and greet thing with Green Day. Had some time before we went in, so we got some food and pre-partied a bit more.

We got in, and just kinda chilled around for a bit, waiting for green day to show up. They did, and it was a chill time. However, due to this, we missed Sugarcult, which is fine by me. Not a fan.

We got out in time to see New Found Glory play their set. I had envisioned them as being much better live than they really are. Yeah, they have a good stage presence and all, but the singer's voice (which doesn't really bug me) really got to me. Really annoying, actually. Plus, they talk FAR too much. It was also geared towards 14 year olds, pretty much. They played pretty much a basic set, what you'd expect of them. All of their hits.

Green Day came on, and promptly played tracks 1 - 3 from American Idiot. Skipped Boulevard of Broken Dreams, then went into Are We The Waiting/St Jimmy. The rest of the songs they played were from 1,029 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (Knowledge), Insomniac (Brain Stew/Jaded) and Dookie (She, Longview, Basket Case). They played Macy's Day Parade and Hitchin' A Ride, then went back to American Idiot, playing Letterbomb and Wake Me Up When Semptember Ends. They slipped in a few cover songs, and picked musicians out of the crowd to finish off one of their songs. Really cool.

Their encore was When I Come Around, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Time of Your Life, and a cover song. Billy Joe finished the show with "I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH"

Overall, a good time, except for the fact my friend and I were pretty much the oldest people there. That's okay for her, because she's 28. But I'm 20, and that's just odd. The show, I have to say, was geared at the younger crowd, which put a damper on things, and I HATE when the entire crowd sings so loud you can't even hear the damn singer. If I wanted to see a Dashboard Confessional show, I would've gone to one. Don't give me that shit :rant: But, once we found a good spot to chill, it was a good time. HELLA crowded. Anyway, here's a picture from the show.

samichna
11-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Wicked ass.

Danny Electric
11-26-2004, 12:16 AM
My friend was the one of the people that Green Day called out to play with them on an Operation Ivy song at the Rading festival this year.
I know what you mean aout being one of the oldest at a gig, I feel old at them and I'm only 20.

MoRcHeEbA
11-26-2004, 02:13 AM
Green day is the man live :heart:

TheNamelessOne
11-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Im seeing Green Day at the London Brixton Academy in January.

I hope New Found Glory don't support there though, they really do suck large amounts of ass.