PDA

View Full Version : storm, comments on Angle-Puder, WWE looks at specialty matches

Joe Kerr
11-28-2004, 09:14 AM
Lance Storm has updated his website with a new Q and A commentary. Like past Q and A's, Storm answers a variety of questions, including some about WWE and ECW rings, ending the brand extension, the "boring" angle with Steve Austin, booking in ECW, and a whole lot more. However, this time around, he makes some interesting points:

- Regarding all the releases, Storm states "It is never nice when people get fired, but I wasn’t surprised with some of them" and "I was most surprised by Gail Kim. I thought she was good in the ring and offered a different look to the WWE Divas."

- Regarding Angle/Puder, he writes "This was a huge gamble that could have gone very wrong."

- Regarding WCW politics, Storm answers "Other than the World Title there isn’t much more they could have given me there. I held every singles title but the World Title and was set to win the Tag Titles before the WWE buy out."

All in all, a great read. Click here to read it all.http://www.stormwrestling.com/112704.html

WWE.com has added a new feature to its website called "WWE Specialty Matches." There is a huge list of all the specialty matches WWE offers, featuring descriptions, photos, and "Recommended Viewings" of each type of match. For example, for the "I Quit" match, the description states "As the name suggests, the object of this match is to make your opponent utter the words, “I quit.” This is another match where anything goes, and the action takes place anywhere and everywhere. The referee follows the actions with a microphone in hand in the event that a competitor gives up." The recommended matches are Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund from WrestleMania XI, and The Rock vs. Mankind from the 1999 Royal Rumble. Click here for the entire list.http://www.wwe.com/inside/specialty_matches/

Finally, WWE.com has added an interview with Chris Jericho, Christian and William Regal, as they all give their thoughts on Shawn Michaels. It is a great read, and for a change, not in kayfabe. Click here for the interview.http://www.wwe.com/inside/spotlight/2004_11_23_peers.jsp

taken from
www.pwinsider.com

Mr. Nerfect
11-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks, man. I am most interested in that specialty match thing. I'm starting to have hope they'll bring out a title histories page. :y:

dalegendkilla
11-28-2004, 03:43 PM
What does he mean, the Puder-Angle gamble. Is he saying that Puder might have got rough and beat the hell out of Kurt Angle???

Mr. Nerfect
11-28-2004, 04:09 PM
What does he mean, the Puder-Angle gamble. Is he saying that Puder might have got rough and beat the hell out of Kurt Angle???

Probably would have injured him if that shoot had gone on for much longer. It wouldn't have surprised me if Puder ripped the arm out of Angle's socket. But I think Lance is more likely to be referring to Angle just being in enough pain to tap out, which would be bad (in some people's eyes).