PDA

View Full Version : WWE Need Brock Lenser back

Dave Youell
11-29-2004, 03:45 PM
I hate to admit it as I along with many others feel that he doesn't deserve another shot, but he is a legit main eventer that they don't have to spend any time building on.

Becuase right now lets face it they have no talent who campare to the hey day of 1999 when they we scoring the in the 7's each week. They are going in the right direction with lots of talent simmering who need another year to get to the top (orton, cena etc)

I had this idea earlier for Kurt Angle's invitational that when they go to Minnesota that Lenser comes out and gets his medals, I think it would be good and give Lesner a decent reaction. Weather or not Vince's ego could take that or instead bury him for his actions when he left would be a different matter.

discuss

Joe Kerr
11-29-2004, 03:48 PM
[Mocking]ok

Dave Youell is making topics again, only this time instead of old topics he's doing topics that no one cares about.

Conclusion, Dave Youell needs to be stopped. Dammit i miss the Ban Daminator [/Mocking Dave Youell]

dalegendkilla
11-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Yes! That's a great way to introduce Lesner! Let's send a trillion emails to Vince until he gives in cuz the Angle thing is definatly goin sumwhere.

RemyRed
11-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Got him to red.

I'd rather Ken Shamrock beats him for the medals.

Xero
11-29-2004, 03:58 PM
You know, I was thinking the same thing. Have Lesnar come in and take the medals. It would be a great way to redeubt him.

Even if it isn't Lesnar, I have a gut feeling that someone is returning in this Kurt Angle Invitational. The question is, who? And, if they were going to do it right, they would have to win the medals, so it would have to be someone big who is going to feud with Kurt Angle. I really can't think of anyone who it would be, though. Maybe WWE has something up their sleeve. Maybe it's Lesnar, maybe it's someone none of us will guess, but it will happen eventually.

Dave Youell
11-29-2004, 04:04 PM
You know, I was thinking the same thing. Have Lesnar come in and take the medals. It would be a great way to redeubt him.

Even if it isn't Lesnar, I have a gut feeling that someone is returning in this Kurt Angle Invitational. The question is, who? And, if they were going to do it right, they would have to win the medals, so it would have to be someone big who is going to feud with Kurt Angle. I really can't think of anyone who it would be, though. Maybe WWE has something up their sleeve. Maybe it's Lesnar, maybe it's someone none of us will guess, but it will happen eventually.
Or they could go the other way and have a complete unkown do it, thus elevating them without having to use a title belt for a change. Either way Angle is going to get beaten at some point, Just though (as you did) that it would be a good time for Lesner if they were planning ahead

Dave Youell
11-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Yes! That's a great way to introduce Lesner! Let's send a trillion emails to Vince until he gives in cuz the Angle thing is definatly goin sumwhere.
Yeah.......................

Kids say NO to drugs

Heyman
11-29-2004, 04:36 PM
If Smackdown ever got Brock Lesnar back again,...................... :drool:

Great idea, but I think Lesnar's too focused on trying to "make it" as a football player ("football" as in, NOT pussy ass soccer for you Brits ;)).

It wouldn't be good for a "one day" type thing because if Lesnar defeats Angle (and then leaves), all it does is hurt Angle's credibility (a guy who is needed to 'put over' younger talent on Smackdown).

Head
11-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Brock's not coming back anytime soon.

BigDaddyCool
11-29-2004, 05:02 PM
But will Brock want to come back, that is the question.

Plus, WWE should make a new maineventer, and it is possible to make a mainevent out of nothing, just build a ton of hype around a soild performer.

Mike the Metal Ed
11-29-2004, 05:10 PM
But will Brock want to come back, that is the question.

Plus, WWE should make a new maineventer, and it is possible to make a mainevent out of nothing, just build a ton of hype around a soild performer.

Heidenreich it is then. :shifty:

The Mackem
11-29-2004, 05:11 PM
I don't think Brock would want to come back but if the opportunity should arise I think WWE should re-hire Brock. They could do with some legitimate Main eventers, especially Smackdown.

BigDaddyCool
11-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Heidenreich it is then. :shifty:

I was thinking more along the lines of Batista or maybe even getting Taz out of retirement.

John la Rock
11-29-2004, 05:44 PM
I like the idea........ALOT :y:

V
11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
i hate to say it but yeah i'd like him back as well

i miss the F5, and i actually miss Tazz saying "Well, here comes the pain"

but i dont' want him feuding with angle, that's been overdone almost as much as hhh/hbk... they've been tag partners as faces, tag partners as heel(i think), brock face vs angle heel, angle heel vs brock face.. they've done it all!

John la Rock
11-29-2004, 06:02 PM
I am going to make a prediction that Brock Lesnar will be back with the WWE (on Smackdown) by mid 2005

Gouda
11-29-2004, 06:03 PM
I don't think you could bring Lesnar back as a Face. I think he would initially get booed.

Still, I'd love to see him back. Maybe get a thing with Eddie going.

RemyRed
11-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Trust me, it's gonna be Ken Shamrock. Leading to an ankle lock submission match for the medals at WM.

Gone Mad
11-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Bring back Lesnar?? Yeah, and the next thing you know they'll rehire Viscera... wait, nevermind..

I don't think Brock will be back for awhile or possibly ever but you never know.. just like everyone else that got into the business, and they usually come back.

Gouda
11-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Screw Lesnar. They need Nathan Jones. :shifty:

Dave Youell
11-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Well the way I see it is that no one seems bothered about him as a pro footballer and wrestling is all he knows right?

Not saying it's GOING to happen, but if it did i think this would be a cool way to do it

I-Hate-You
11-29-2004, 06:51 PM
I agree with you, although I hate Lesnar, and hope he never comes back.

:wtf:

Did that make sense at all?!?!?!?!?

Dave Youell
11-29-2004, 06:54 PM
I agree with you, although I hate Lesnar, and hope he never comes back.

:wtf:

Did that make sense at all?!?!?!?!?
No, not really

As I have no Idea who you agree with

Eunos
11-29-2004, 07:00 PM
The real question is would the fans accept Lesner back? He got alot of heat Wm20..

I personally would be more then happy to see him return one day.

Heyman
11-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Not saying it's GOING to happen, but if it did i think this would be a cool way to do it

Hmmm...........

Speaking of this, do you think Lesnar COULD make "special guest appearances" on Smackdown in the same manner that The Rock does on RAW?

Granted - Lesnar doesn't have the same "star power" as The Rock, but he's still a main-eventer.

As an asside - I think the wrestling has the potential (key word here is "potential" since the WWE are quite good at fucking things up at times :p ) to be SOLID in 1.5-2 years.

-Lesnar might be back if he doesn't make it as a football player.
-Cena and Orton will be established World Champions.
-Batista, Edge, Benjamin, Guerrero, Luther Reigns, and Carlitto Cool Carribbean will have all made significant developments in their characters.
-Triple H's "top spot" in the company will most likely be relinquished by then (debatable ;) ).

FakeLaser
11-29-2004, 07:44 PM
What the hell are you talking about? The WWF in 1999 had some of the worst talent of all time. Steve Austin was putting on the worst matches of his career in shit main events with The Undertaker, Billy Gunn and Chyna got uppermidcard to main event pushes, and shit wrestlers like Road Dogg, The Godfather, Mark Henry, Mideon and Viscera were tearing up the midcard.

crash99
11-29-2004, 07:52 PM
I would love to see Lesner back. Smackdown needs him, and he could really help the show a lot.

Heyman
11-29-2004, 07:58 PM
What the hell are you talking about? The WWF in 1999 had some of the worst talent of all time. Steve Austin was putting on the worst matches of his career in shit main events with The Undertaker, Billy Gunn and Chyna got uppermidcard to main event pushes, and shit wrestlers like Road Dogg, The Godfather, Mark Henry, Mideon and Viscera were tearing up the midcard.

This is an EXCELLENT point.............one of which I've spoken about at length in the past. :y:

The WWE wasn't successful in 1999 due to its "depth" in terms of wrestling talent. They were successful, because of smart booking and the peak of Stone Cold.

In terms of booking shows, 99% of RAW's finished and ended the same way (i.e. their 1st and last scene of each show almost always dealt with the Austin/Vince feud.)

In those days, each wrestler "knew their role" so to speak. While there were many different storylines, angles, etc., it was COMMON KNOWLEDGE that the Austin/Vince feud was what the show revolved around.

The Corporation served as a good way of linking mid-card feuds, to the main-event storyline (i.e. if Test fought Road Dogg, people still were interested since Road Dogg was a part of DX, while Test was a part of Vince's corporation).

The bookers really understood the "ebb" and "flow" of each show. Almost every single RAW show, had some sort of "twist" or significant storyline progression.....which kept the fans interested (and ready as hell for the next week).

In today's wrestling, you don't see that.

-There is no ONE major wrestling angle in which the show revolves around (in a sense - this can be attributed to the fact that the WWE has "too much" wrestling talent.....and as result, aren't inclined to give these 'talented wrestlers' less TV time to make room for the main-event storyline).

-Bookers don't understand "ebb" and "flow" very well (how else do you explain women's title matches opening RAW shows a lot of times? The first and last scene should ALWAYS pertain to the MAIN storyline of the show).

-Storyline progression and "shock values" are almost a rarity nowadays.

Mr. JL
11-29-2004, 08:24 PM

Londoner
11-29-2004, 10:39 PM
I got a feeling Big Show is gonna win those gold medals, it just seems the perfect way to continue that feud, unless theyve forgot about that feud already ofcourse.

I-Hate-You
11-29-2004, 11:28 PM
No, not really

As I have no Idea who you agree with
I guess I could say I'm split.

I hate Brock after what he said about wrestling, and while I really don't want to see him back, it looks like the WWE needs him right now.

There.

Maybe that makes more sense.

Heyman
11-29-2004, 11:46 PM
I guess I could say I'm split.

I hate Brock after what he said about wrestling, and while I really don't want to see him back, it looks like the WWE needs him right now.

There.

Maybe that makes more sense.

Maybe the WWE doesn't need Lesnar full-time (especially if he doesn't want to), but they can bring him back on a *temporary* basis to do a SIGNIFICANT JOB of sorts.

For example - If Lesnar agrees, bring back him for a full month before Wrestlemania. Before Wrestlemania, Lesnar gets some solid victories over certain wrestlers (just to show that "he's still got it").

At WM however, Lesnar can do a job to an up-and-coming Smackdown talent (like Cena for instance).

That way - Lesnar can still "give back" to the wrestling business (and those "special guest" appearances would pay quite nicely), and help out Smackdown.

corey99999
11-30-2004, 12:07 AM
yeah it would be cool to see lesnar back

Corkscrewed
11-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Lenser ain't coming back.

Neither is Lesnar.

Actually, I'd love to see him back if it weren't for the fact that he doesn't have a passion for the business and would be taking up the spot of someone who might deserve it more.

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2004, 02:00 AM
I can't really see Lesnar winning the titles, but Shamrock is a likely candidate (if they sign him). Puder or another Olympic Gold Medalist is another possibility. I can image a Gold Medalist from 2000 or 2004 coming in, beating Angle, then when Angle goes to give him his medal, the guy pulls HIS medal out of his tights. This can lead to a jealousy thing between that wrestler and Kurt Angle.

Also is SmackDown! headed to San Antonio soon? If so I can easily see HBK coming out and winning the medal.

Joe Kerr
11-30-2004, 06:46 PM
The following is an excerpt from the Duluth News Tribune: "There isn't much hope left for retired pro wrestler Brock Lesnar to join the Vikings' practice squad this season." Wonder how long before Lesnar gives up on the NFL idea, and returns to WWE?

.44 Magdalene
11-30-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm STILL not a huge Lesnar fan. I dunno. I guess it's from not getting to watch Smackdown! much when he was around...so all I remember is Lesnar pre-brand split. I wasn't that impressed with him. Just...I dunno, felt too much like WWE's breed of Goldberg. But like I said, I probably missed whatever it was that made Lesnar kick so much ass.

I say the WWE tries to build up the guys they have now...but I guess that's been said by a hellalot of people already. Bringing in more people, especially older talents who are already popular, instead of making the new guys more popular and setting the scene for the next Next Big Thing is probably a bad idea.

In other words, while the WWE wouldn't need to spend time building up Lesnar...they need to spend time building up SOMEBODY. That could be hard if they have to put heavy focus back on Lesnar...and you know they'd have to before Lesnar even remotely cared about being in the ring.

The CyNick
11-30-2004, 11:07 PM
If Brock gets signed to a football contract, he wont be doing any part time wrestling.

If he gives up on football, then yes, of course they should get him back.

Fox
11-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Goldberg's gonna come back and take the medals.

Fox
11-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Goldberg's gonna come back and take the medals.........

Or not. But seriously, I think Kurt Angle is one of the only people on this earth that coud pull a 5 star match out of Goldberg.

FakeLaser
12-01-2004, 12:05 AM
Also, Brock Lesnar sucks anyway.

nWo 4 Life
12-01-2004, 10:02 AM
The following is an excerpt from the Duluth News Tribune: "There isn't much hope left for retired pro wrestler Brock Lesnar to join the Vikings' practice squad this season." Wonder how long before Lesnar gives up on the NFL idea, and returns to WWE?

Hasn't he signed with CFL since then? Winnepeg or something? :-\