PDA

View Full Version : *spoilers*Is it just me, or is the writing getting a whole lot better.

Fignuts
12-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Seriously, the whole "inmates running the asylum" angle has kept me very interested in raw every week. Edge's heel turn has been fantastic, and Batista's is really headed in a good direction. Speaking of that, I also think the swerve at the end of raw two weeks ago was handled beautifully, even if it was easy for us "smarts" to see. The way they teased at maven joining evolution was very well done, and the way things look from last monday, that may just come to pass. The only thing I think they need to do is give cristian a little more time. Continue the feud between him and Benjamin. All as I know is I havn't been this interested in raw in a long time.

Mr. Nerfect
12-01-2004, 02:39 AM
I think we are heading towards a high in wrestling writing, but I can still see either politics or egos messing it up. :-\

Corkscrewed
12-01-2004, 03:02 AM
We were heading towards a new high prior to Wrestlemania. And then they fucked up.

So I won't get my hopes up until they've sustained this for a few actual months.

Mr. Nerfect
12-01-2004, 04:23 AM
We were heading towards a new high prior to Wrestlemania. And then they fucked up.

So I won't get my hopes up until they've sustained this for a few actual months.

Good point. When focus changes to Carlito Caribbean Cool, Shelton Benjamin & Batista then I will rejoice. John Cena & Randy Orton are good, but by putting one or both of them in the WrestleMania main event now, IMO, is a huge mistake.

BigDaddyCool
12-01-2004, 11:42 AM
You all are way to cynical.

Disturbed316
12-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Edge's heel turn has been horrible, so bad infact, that it makes me care less about Edge then I did previously did. He is going to make a bad world champion when they give it to him.

tucsonspeed6
12-01-2004, 01:12 PM
1) I'm gonna mark the fuck out when Edge gets the championship and I'm gonna tell everyone how freaking happy I am that he's champ because nobody seems to notice how much more interesting he is as opposed to the boring babyface that I could care less about before his turn. BDC is right to say you're all too cynical.

2) Maven's dedication to remaining a face throughout his GMing and warding off the temptation to join Evolution, only to turn Heel two weeks later and start a feud with Eugene? IMO, crappy writing...unless they're trying to shift Maven's gimmick from green rookie to complete buffoon.

3) On the other hand, having Richards last until the final 6, IMO the best writing they could have done. The only thing better is to give him a managerial push with an up-and-comer or even better, have him build a main event stable better than R2C.

Mr. Nerfect
12-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Edge's heel turn has been horrible, so bad infact, that it makes me care less about Edge then I did previously did. He is going to make a bad world champion when they give it to him.

I disagree. Everything Edge says is true, and it's eating him up that he can't get what he needs and what he deserves. Great writing.

Mr. Nerfect
12-01-2004, 03:00 PM
2) Maven's dedication to remaining a face throughout his GMing and warding off the temptation to join Evolution, only to turn Heel two weeks later and start a feud with Eugene? IMO, crappy writing...unless they're trying to shift Maven's gimmick from green rookie to complete buffoon.

3) On the other hand, having Richards last until the final 6, IMO the best writing they could have done. The only thing better is to give him a managerial push with an up-and-comer or even better, have him build a main event stable better than R2C.

2) In the WWE world there is no face and heel. There's no "I'm turning heel so I'm going to join Evolution!" in the WWE. Maven refused Evolution because he was a good guy. Now he's jealous and frustrated because Eugene has a title belt, and Maven has never won a currently active championship in the WWE.

For all intents and purposes, Maven is still a good guy, he just despises Eugene. I wouldn't surprised if he did join Evolution and/or Eric Bischoff down the line, however. Maven & Batista as World Tag Team Champions? Maven & Flair? Maven & Bischoff? Maven & Coachman? I personally hope we'll see Benjamin vs. Maven for the IC Title at New Year's Revolution, though. Maven vs. William Regal next week, then Maven vs. Eugene the week after with Maven picking up solid victories.

But anyway, Maven wasn't added to Evolution because they didn't want him in there. Whether they want him as a face or a heel in irrelevent, IMO.

3) I agree with you, Richards is seriosuly misused. I hope they keep him by himself, however. Unless you put him in a mini-stable with Rhyno, Tajiri & Victoria. Anyway, I'd like it if they made Richards out be be World Champ material, as long as he has that motivation.

V
12-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Edge would be the second best guy to hold the title right now, next to of course, the living legend, first undisputed, king of the wooooorld, CHRIS JERICHO

and fignuts, next time put *raw spoilers* in your thread if it's a raw spoiler, some people may be afraid to open the thread during the dreaded tuesday - thursday time where smackdown spoilers are around every corner

Johnny Vegas
12-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Yea, i must agree that the booking has been better than what i've seen in a LONG time. I think someone said it in another post, but i think what they are doing to Batista is what they should have done to Orton. But good shows. I can't wait for next week when Jericho is the GM. Tis going to be a fiesta bitches

Innovator
12-01-2004, 03:37 PM
*cough*Heymanisbackonthewritingteaminsomeform*cough*

BigDaddyCool
12-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I was marking out when Stevie was in the middle of the ring calling everyone out.

loopydate
12-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Both shows have been good lately. I could do with less Torrie on SmackDown, but the "Big Show Thanksgiving" was great. "I've had peas before!" :lol:

The "inmates-running-the-asylum" story has been very good so far. RAW started well (even if it was a rip-off of Royal Rumble '94 and countles BRs since then) and ended well (even though they did almost the exact same finish with HHH and HBK last year). It's actually making me excited about the next week's show.

Champion of Europa
12-01-2004, 05:22 PM

The CyNick
12-01-2004, 08:35 PM
RAW has been better the past few weeks, but when you look at the bigger picture, they still have the same central problem that is killing the company, and if anything its getting worse.

SD has been hurt by some injuries, but even there, the storyline haven't been that great. Cena-CCC is a great story and is still going. But aside from that they dont have much.

They dropped the ball on London-KIdman-Chavo already. They have nothing with the main event guys that is interesting.

They also blew a chance to do soemthing with Puder out of Tough Enough.

The only other entertaining angle is maybe Hiedenreich, which is scary to say.

Fox
12-01-2004, 10:47 PM
SD.... meh.

RAW has been good the past few weeks but it still revolves around the same person and the same problem: Triple H. These shows with the inmates running the asylum only put him over even more as this unbeatable God who everyone wants to beat. After it's over, Triple H will still be the champion, and then what?

They need a long term solution for things to start that uphill climb. Problem is, they simply do not have any Rock's or Austin's handy at this time.

Corkscrewed
12-02-2004, 04:11 AM
LMAO