PDA

View Full Version : What Has Happened to Kurt Angle?

John la Rock
12-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Kurt is and always be the man no matter what. But his character lately has been a disgrace to his former self.

He is the WWE's best talent BAR NONE and he is stuck fighting local jobbers everyweek over his gold medals. What a disgrace. And don't get me started on his retarded facton with talentless fucks such as Reigns and Jindrak.

I remember in 2003 he was the company's biggest draw and the last time he was WWE champ. His matches with Benoit and Lesnar were classics and Team Angle with Haas and Benjamin were great.

Is it the booking? Is it HHH's fault :shifty: or is it Kurt himself?

Today's Kurt Angle is a huge piece of shit IMO

thoughts?

SuperSlim
12-01-2004, 02:28 PM
well right now he is wrestlin jobbers but the time will come when he will make someone huge when they are able to defeat Kurt in the ring. Right now it's boring and meaningless but it'll all be worth it in the end.

Londoner
12-01-2004, 02:35 PM
I think they have just run out of ideas for angle right now and are just trying to keep him on the show, even if it means beating jobbers and wasting 10minutes of smackdown every week. I really hope big show wins those gold medals, thats the only way this angle(excuse the pun) would make sense.

John la Rock
12-01-2004, 02:38 PM
I also think that Angle should be the focal point of Smackdown instead of JBL.

The reason that Smackdown kicked Raw's ass in 2003 was because the show revolved around Kurt.

Kurt Angle needs to regain the WWE championship so he can regain some credibility

Londoner
12-01-2004, 02:42 PM
I think he will win the title soon enough, i wouldn't mind seeing him as the focus of the show either, but he has those neck problems so i can understand the WWE being cautious of putting him into that much spotlight.

Took
12-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Angle's a good man. He's taking the Bret Hart approach to things. Bret was a main eventer wrestling guys like LaFitte, and isaac yankem..amongst others nowhere near the main event scene, and now Angle, a main eventer, is helping out the undercard as well. You know why? Cuz nobody else works their asses off as hard as that. Two top notch, loyal workers I say.

Mr. JL
12-01-2004, 03:32 PM
rumor has it that Kurt's body is some pretty bad shape right now with injuries. That maybe why they are using him in this role for the time being.

loopydate
12-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Sorry, but you lost all credibility when you called Luther and Mark "talentless fucks."

John la Rock
12-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Sorry loop but I just say what they are ;)

loopydate
12-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I have to disagree with you.

Aside from Batista, Luther Reigns is the most talented big man in the company. His moves look brutal, and he has a phenomenal look. He put on some good matches with Eddie Guerrero, and his squashes on Velocity are always entertaining.

Jindrak's gotten a bad rap in WWE (bad booking, mostly), but anyone who saw his work with the Natural Born Thrillers in WCW would know that he's far from a talentless fuck. The guy is big and strong, but he's also got some pretty impressive aerial moves. Who else can stand on the canvas, then jump up and dropkick someone standing on the top turnbuckle?

Fignuts
12-01-2004, 03:48 PM
I have to agree with loopydate. I thought Luthor Reigns was just going to be another random, stiff working big guy, when he came in. But he's actually pretty good. his mic skills are also entertaining.

"Give me some of those peas! I've had those before!"

John la Rock
12-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Luther has a good finishing move......that's about it. He looks like an oversized goof. I'd take Nathan Jones over Luther anyday.

As for Jindrak, he has NO charisma, NO mic skills and no in ring presence what so ever. It's a big problem when you come out to the ring to dead silence everyweek. So what if he can do a dropkick? Hardcore Holly can do a dropkick too.

loopydate
12-01-2004, 03:51 PM
"Give me some of those peas! I've had those before!"
I almost doubled over when I heard that line. That was great.

dalegendkilla
12-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Here is what will happen.

*ANGLE IS IN THE RING*
ANGLE: I've been a fair man. Every week I've given your heroes a chance for my medals. But they have failed. So I've decided this will be the last chance for my medals. Lets see this towns hero.

*CUE. BROCK LESNAR'S MUSIC. ANGLE PANICS, BROCK LOOKS AT HIM*

ANGLE: What are you doing here Brock?

BROCK: This is my hometown, Kurt.

ANGLE: And what makes you a hero?

BROCK: By kicking your ass!

*A MASSIVE FIGHT ERUPTS WHERE BROCK TAKES DOWN ANGLE AND STOPS INTERFERANCE FROM REIGNS AND JINDRACK AND THEN GETS THE PIN ON ANGLE. AS LESNAR IS GIVEN THE MEDAL, KURT CRIES ON THE FLOOR. AS LESNAR LEAVES SMILING*

John la Rock
12-01-2004, 03:58 PM
^ I would like that

Disturbed316
12-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Jindrak was awesome in WCW with Sean O'Haire :'(

loopydate
12-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Jindrak was awesome in WCW with Sean O'Haire :'(
He was. It's bad writing that's his problem in WWE, not any lack of skill. The Jindrak/O'Haire team was amazing.

BigDaddyCool
12-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Brock isn't coming back fool. Maybe they will be bringing some else new in through this angle, or maybe Taz will win them in Brooklyn. But it isn't to bring Brock back.

dalegendkilla
12-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Brock isn't coming back fool.

Calm down, IT WAS FICTION, don't take it too personally, I doubt Brock would return it is what I WANT to happen.

Disturbed316
12-01-2004, 04:22 PM
He was. It's bad writing that's his problem in WWE, not any lack of skill. The Jindrak/O'Haire team was amazing.

Yeah, the switch from "Perfection" to "Angle lacky" overnight kinda screwed him over. His dropkicks are just perfection (excuse the pun), and Mark of Excellance is an awesome move. Isn't his vertical leap like 7ft or something crazy like that?

Heyman
12-01-2004, 04:34 PM
The WWE can't use Angle too much due to his neck problems. They have to use him sparingly.

From where I sit - it doesn't seem like Angle's neck can handle the amount of "main-event" TV time that would be alloted to him.

That's why I wouldn't mind seeing Angle on RAW. On RAW - Angle can work a MUCH lighter schedule (without being nearly as depended on to "draw" for RAW.....since RAW has much more established stars).

On RAW - Angle can put on 5 star matches with higher quality opponents (i.e. Jericho, Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, etc.). Angle can also be used to put 'over' Randy Orton (to add to the "legend killer" gimmick).

In return - Smackdown could get 2.....maybe 3 guys who "could" become credible main-eventers, but are still healthy enough to wrestle full-time (i.e. Dave Batista).

Batista and Christian for Kurt Angle = fair trade?

John la Rock
12-01-2004, 04:43 PM
The problem with Angle going to Raw is that there's WAY too much star power there. You might as well cancel Smackdown right there unless there's a 2 or 3 for 1 trade

I think that a fair trade for Angle is Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit

Fignuts
12-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Christian on smackdown is a fantastic idea. For some reason beyond my scope of reason, they're not doing anything with him right now. With Cena moving up to main event status in the very near future, Christian would be a great pick to fill his spot. As for Batista, I think he has a better fit on raw. There's potential for some great feuds between him, HHH and orton in the future. His fantastic match with Orton a few weeks ago proves that he at least has good chemistry with Randy. As for the topic, Angle's neck is a hinderance, but unless they have something really special planned, then this is just a waste of good talent. If it is just a way to keep Angle on TV, then I'm sure they can come up with something far more productive than beating random local jobbers every week. Oh, and I would mark out like a little bitch if taz came back for even only one match.

Fignuts
12-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by John la Rock
Luther has a good finishing move......that's about it. He looks like an oversized goof. I'd take Nathan Jones over Luther anyday.

You just lost all credibility with that statement. I bet you like Goldberg too.

LK
12-01-2004, 05:05 PM
It's pretty obvious that this Angle challenge is building up to someone debuting so I would say that it is a pretty good idea.

As for Luther he is a solid wrestle with an intimidating look and from what I saw of Jindrak in WCW, he is also a good wrestler.

BigDaddyCool
12-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Angle seems to be moving into Steve Austin position more and more. Just coming out and beating people up because there is always a pop when he comes out. But he doesn't really help the product outside of that.

Fignuts
12-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah but angle isn't even close to the level of popularity of Austin. I don't think Angle can really get away with that.

John la Rock
12-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by John la Rock

You just lost all credibility with that statement. I bet you like Goldberg too.

I loved Goldberg in WCW thank ya very much ;)

ColdwaVer
12-01-2004, 07:17 PM
The main thing is that people need to realize that nobody should be in the main event scene for too long. Any main eventer needs to occasionally tour the midcard, or else the physical and emotional pressure will crush them. Besides, things get really boring really quick if the same guys are main eventing for months on end.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Sorry, but you lost all credibility when you called Luther and Mark "talentless fucks."

Nah, the credibility remained.

The CyNick
12-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Angle's hurt, so its unfair to criticize him right now.

tucsonspeed6
12-02-2004, 12:38 PM
No kidding. I'd like to see anyone here wrestle with what kind of shape he's in right now.

John la Rock
12-02-2004, 01:44 PM
If he's so hurt then why is he still wrestling? He should be at home healing his injuries instead of pissing on his own legacy

loopydate
12-02-2004, 01:47 PM
If he's so hurt then why is he still wrestling? He should be at home healing his injuries instead of pissing on his own legacy
Because he doesn't want to leave a giant charisma vaccuum when he leaves. He's not pissing on anything. Like someone said earlier, all the main-eventers (except Triple H) do some mid-card "slumming" at some point in their careers. This "Angle Invitational" or whatever will eventually lead to a debut, and he'll have given back to the company by helping to build a new star.

Londoner
12-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Because he loves the business, duh. If he went by your attitude he would've never won a medal at the olympics.

Mayo
12-02-2004, 02:12 PM

As for Jindrak, he has NO charisma, NO mic skills and no in ring presence what so ever. It's a big problem when you come out to the ring to dead silence everyweek. So what if he can do a dropkick? Hardcore Holly can do a dropkick too.Extremely terrible :n:

Mister Sinister
12-02-2004, 02:26 PM
And not to mention, one time in WCW...Jendrak showed alot of talent, or just athlethism, When he jumps from the Ring...To the top Rope to give a guy (Was against O'Haire on Thunder when they broke up) a lightning quick frankensteiner...Anyone who saw thoses two as a tag team, knew they were talented...it was only after being exposed to the WWE Watered down Style were they made to look talentless

John la Rock
12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Well I must admit. I never watched much of WCW after Vince Russo came in. Maybe Jindrak was better in WCW (but i'm sure he wasn't a Chris Benoit in the ring). I know he has not impressed me in WWE.

RGWhat316
12-02-2004, 06:22 PM
I was wondering what was going on with Kurt myself. I've been a big fan of his, but this year has just not been his year. I basically hated him as SmackDown GM, and now he's fighting jobbers. But unless this angle goes somewhere, right now it kinda sucks.

Also, if Kurt is hurt, I don't know if this is the best thing for him. Sure he would have longer matches during a feud, but these people have been in the wrestling business long enough that they would know how to take care of someone. But with Angle just wrestling these jobbers, theres more of a chance for him to get hurt because of being with less-experienced people.

loopydate
12-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Also, if Kurt is hurt, I don't know if this is the best thing for him. Sure he would have longer matches during a feud, but these people have been in the wrestling business long enough that they would know how to take care of someone. But with Angle just wrestling these jobbers, theres more of a chance for him to get hurt because of being with less-experienced people.
But he's not fighting jobbers. He's fighting local indy talent. Cody Steele (Angle's opponent this week) has wrestled for TNA in the past. Dean Visk (opponent #1) has wrestled as Dean Jablonski in HWA, as well as other midwestern indies like Buckeye Pro Wrestling.

Just because they're not WWE talent doesn't make them jobbers.

John la Rock
12-02-2004, 07:19 PM
To most WWE fans they're jobbers

loopydate
12-02-2004, 07:25 PM
To most WWE fans they're jobbers
That's true, but RGWhat insinuated that, because they're jobbers, they'd be more dangerous in the ring. My point is that these guys are established independent wrestling talent, so Angle is in no more danger of further injury against Dean Jablonski or Cody Steele than he is against Carlito or Doug Basham.

Mr. Nerfect
12-03-2004, 12:59 AM
I too don't like the new badass Angle. I think this invitational thing is godd, because it's playing up to his success, allowing him to wrestle short matches, gets indy talent on-screen and allows Angle to play more of a heel character. Everyone seems too say Brock Lesnar or someone will be the guy who takes Angle's medals, but here are some possibilites I'd rather see:

Daniel Puder
I'm pretty sure he'll either win Tough Enough or get a contract anyway, so why not use him while he's fresh. Have him come out in a random town and state although he's not from there, he's still going ot be Angle and take his medals, because he's a true American Hero. Puder makes Angle tap out, but Angle finds an excuse for it.

Puder is pissed because he knows he beat Angle fair and square. He demands Angle's gold medals as a sign of that, but Angle says that since he's not from that local town, the medals weren't officially contended. This leads up to Kurt Angle eliminating Puder from the Royal Rumble (Puder & Angle make it to the Final Four), followed up by a Ladder Match at No Way Out with the medals suspended above the ring. Puder climbs to the top and wins the match. Then at WrestleMania we see a Submission Match with Puder coming out on top, retaining Angle's medal.

Later on you can have it turn out the medal Angle gave Puder was a fake, which can continue the feud until around Summerslam.

Tazz
A thug vs. thug gimmick is born when Angle is giving an open challenge to anyone from New York in the ring. Tazz sneaks up from behind and locks in the Tazzmission. Angle taps. Then you can have Kurt Angle vs. Tazz in an ECW Rules Match at No Way Out, with Tazz going over, and Luther Reigns vs. Tazz at Mania for the gold medal. Reigns wins that match.

Mark Jindrak/Luther Reigns
Basically have one of the proteges step up and beat Angle for the medal, while Angle then gets behind the other one, leading up to a Reigns vs. Jindrak match at Mania for the medal.

An Olympic Gold Medalist
Have a new challenger come out and cut a promo about how he's a hometown hero here in *man's hometown*. Angle then gives him a match, but is surprised when he is pinned for a three count. Angle is shocked, but then agrees to give the man his medal. Angle holds his forward as the man hals Kurt, reaches into his tights and pulls out a gold medal! He then tells Kurt he's no longer the only Olympic Gold Medalist wrestler in the WWE anymore. It's true, it's true. Reigns & Jindrak then try to attack, but get taken down by the new guy. We then have an Angle vs. Other Olypmic Gold Medalist feud.

And there are many more, but I think this angle as a lot of potential.

RemyRed
12-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Jerry Lynn possibly(since he's not doing anything)? But I'm thinking it's gonna be Ken Shamrock.