PDA

View Full Version : Best Commentators

dalegendkilla
12-01-2004, 02:54 PM
I think that Michael Cole and Tazz are better commentators than JR and JL, firstly they're closer to the ring so it helps them interact with the match. Tazz always insults Cole, hillarious. And they're more involved in storylines, like Heidenreich.

loopydate
12-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Cole and Tazz, easily. JR hasn't called an actual match in about five years, and Lawler's schtick is old. Cole and Tazz may not be the best, but they're better than Lawler and Ross.

Innovator
12-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Tazz and Cole, but Monsoon and Heenan were commentating gods.

V
12-01-2004, 03:06 PM
i don't know it's hard to say.. as much as everyone makes fun of "bah gawd" JR, i think he's very good, but king is just horrible, he'd be great if he didn't make a female body reference every second word, or support the heels and then end up facing them in a match.

Micheal Cole and Tazz are both solid, and i love when they have their little arguments, but i'd rather see Tazz wrestling.

i duno, undecided

crash99
12-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Michael Cole and Tazz have really come into their own as commentators. I think they are much better than JR and the king at this point.

John la Rock
12-01-2004, 03:34 PM
JR and The King hands down

jerichoholic169
12-01-2004, 03:38 PM
got to say cole and tazz - i just find them more interesting and tazz actually calls the right moves.

jr makes a few mistakes here and there, such as calling benoit jericho and having HHH correct him on that, which cracked me up actually.
king still has the same old 'puppies' gimmick. 'nuff said.

tazz and cole just bring something fresh.

saying all of this, bill de mott on velocity is great. not for his calling of the matches but for his inane chatter with josh matthews which is just hilarious sometimes.

Mr. Nerfect
12-01-2004, 03:43 PM
I voted for Cole & Tazz, but I've heard really good things about Josh Matthews & Bill DeMott, as well.

Anybody Thrilla
12-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Lawler and J.R. are always involved in storylines, kind sir. They usually suck, but they happen.

Disturbed316
12-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Tazz & Cole by miles.

Yashamaga
12-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Tony Schiavone :y:

hey where's he been lately?

Anybody Thrilla
12-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Tony Shiavone = Sidewalk slam

Disturbed316
12-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Tony Schiavone :y:

hey where's he been lately?

I think he had a stint in TNA, but for some reason they had him as a heel commentator. Dunno if he's still there now though.

MVP
12-01-2004, 04:18 PM
JR can't tell a clothesline from a choke slam, and King is all about puppies; so Cole and Tazz get my vote.

Loose Cannon
12-01-2004, 04:47 PM
JR and King. I know I might make fun of his slip-ups from time to time, but he's still the best in the WWE. Tenay is the best in the business right now IMO.

Cole and Tazz are alright, but I like the way JR puts a ton of emotion in his delivery, even if he goes overboard. I mean I don't think I would of been so exited when Benoit had HHH in the crossface at Mania 20 if JR wasn't calling that match.

LK
12-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Cole and Tazz. Tazz knows what he is talking about and Cole is alright.

As for JR and King they have been alright for a while now and don't really have any complaints about them but Tazz and Cole just beat them to it.

As for Tenay I think if he had someone like Tazz along side him then he would be great. Right now he is very good. Don West sucks so much it's unbelievable.

BigDaddyCool
12-01-2004, 05:29 PM
I haven't seen a smackdown in so long so I can't vote for Cole and Tazz, but JR & JL suck weiner.

Fignuts
12-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Tazz and Cole all the way. And yes, Gorilla and the Brain were gods. I think overall, Joey Styles is one of the best in the business. He was a play-by-play commentator and a color commentator all in one. He also was calling moves correctly that hadn't even been seen in America up intil that point. I remember the WCW light heavyweight championship matches between Pillman and Lyger. So many wrong calls.

J.R.-"He just did a forward flip off the apron! That's called a moonsault folks." :nono:

mike627
12-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Cole and Taz all the way JR and Lawler are becoming jokes.

ColdwaVer
12-01-2004, 07:20 PM
I loved back before Taboo Tuesday when HHH was in the commentating booth and Benoit was staring him down from the ring:
JR: Looks like Jericho's got his eye on you, Triple H!
HHH: Yeah, and so does Benoit...

The CyNick
12-01-2004, 08:31 PM
I couldn't hear one word that JR said, and I was still going nuts when HHH tapped to Benoit, and so were all the other people around me, who also couldn't hear JR. That was a moment for wrestling fans that didn't need anyone hyping it up.

Anyway, I hate JR and King. They are so played out. I agree with LC that JR puts emotion into a match, but I also find his emotion to be very fake most of the time. He's kinda like a woman faking an orgasm during sex, once you find out they are faking it, its hard to believe anything that comes out of their mouth.

What I mean by that is JR will say things like "Taboo Tuesday was one of my favourite nights in the business" ...... really? What were you drunk? The show sucked ass. Or even last week on RAW; "this is one of the biggest main events in RAW history". Yeah okay, Edge vs Benoit vs HHH, yeah thats up there....He's very quickly venturing into that Tony Shiavone "this is the greatest night in the history of our great sport" zone.

Then there is the Jericho and Benoit thing. I know they have the same first name, but is it so difficultfor him to get those guys straight. I swear that has to be a rib.

And thats just JR, who at least tries. But then you throw in King, who is the most annoying person on WWE TV. HIs whole schtick is so played out that I just fell like turnging off the volume when I hear his voice.

To me anyway, Tazz and Cole try to bring something different to the table. They dont use the same schtick thats been used for 8 years, and thats what makes them more appealing.

I'd love to see the WWE hire Tenay to take over RAW, but that seems about as likely as the WWE selling Smackdown to TNA.

Nervous Ferret
12-01-2004, 08:34 PM
one word: Heidenrape :naughty:
________
SUZUKI GS500 HISTORY (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GS500)

PorkSoda
12-01-2004, 08:59 PM
:wave: <----- I mark out whenever I see that guy

I voted for Cole/Tazz. :)

Mike the Metal Ed
12-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Jerry Lawler... no wait, he's the breast commentator. :shifty:

The One
12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Mike Tenay...can't wait for the TNA Action Figure of him (and yes they are making it) :)

....oh yeah and I voted for Tazz and Cole.

Stickman
12-01-2004, 09:15 PM
I'd like to see JR and Tazz work together.

Loose Cannon
12-01-2004, 09:16 PM
I couldn't hear one word that JR said, and I was still going nuts when HHH tapped to Benoit, and so were all the other people around me, who also couldn't hear JR. That was a moment for wrestling fans that didn't need anyone hyping it up.

Anyway, I hate JR and King. They are so played out. I agree with LC that JR puts emotion into a match, but I also find his emotion to be very fake most of the time. He's kinda like a woman faking an orgasm during sex, once you find out they are faking it, its hard to believe anything that comes out of their mouth.

What I mean by that is JR will say things like "Taboo Tuesday was one of my favourite nights in the business" ...... really? What were you drunk? The show sucked ass. Or even last week on RAW; "this is one of the biggest main events in RAW history". Yeah okay, Edge vs Benoit vs HHH, yeah thats up there....He's very quickly venturing into that Tony Shiavone "this is the greatest night in the history of our great sport" zone.

Then there is the Jericho and Benoit thing. I know they have the same first name, but is it so difficultfor him to get those guys straight. I swear that has to be a rib.

And thats just JR, who at least tries. But then you throw in King, who is the most annoying person on WWE TV. HIs whole schtick is so played out that I just fell like turnging off the volume when I hear his voice.

To me anyway, Tazz and Cole try to bring something different to the table. They dont use the same schtick thats been used for 8 years, and thats what makes them more appealing.

I'd love to see the WWE hire Tenay to take over RAW, but that seems about as likely as the WWE selling Smackdown to TNA.

Yeah, the Benoit was kind of a bad example, but it was the one that popped into my head. For me JR is like those soccer announcers that go nuts when a team scores a goal or some of the Yankee announcers (Michael Kay) that go crazy when the Yankees comeback or just have a big inning. I really like that kind of stuff cause it pumps me up more. Really, just for the emotion alone, JR gets my vote.

Other then the emotion, yeah his stupid comments like the Taboo Tuesday thing are pretty dumb.

Crashnburn
12-01-2004, 09:19 PM
I voted for Cole and Tazz because they're the best of the two choices. Cole is a little.... mechanical. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. I still have a little bit of a grudge against Tazz for hanging up the tights but I can understand why, (the writers were jerking him all over the place) and I do think is a pretty good color commentator.

It's been said several times already, King's commentating gimmick is real old. Every week it's... "Whoo-hoo! Puppies!" and it was funny for the first couple of years, but that was like ten years ago. I could go on and on forever about how horrible JR is... Like over doing everything to the point of it being ridiculous. And can he use those good old boy sayings anymore? "He's whipping him like a government mule!" "He's stomping a mud hole in him and walking it dry!" "He's taking him to the wood shed!" And then he can not call a move it's correct name to save his life. I remember one match with Matt Hardy where he did a Twist of Fate off of a ladder and "good old JR" called it a russian leg sweep. The current move that he's calling wrong and now all of WWE has followed him on is Shelton's finisher. Now someone can correct me if I'm wrong but a T-bone suplex underhooks one leg where as an Exploder suplex overhooks it. And in addition to that when he doesn't know the name of a move he calls it a "high impact move". I thought this guy was suppose to be the best according to WWE.

I enjoy Josh Matthews and Bill DeMott on Velocity although I don't like them really for their commentating abilities. Watching Velocity is kind of like listening to a comedy show while watching wrestling... entertaining all around.

I will agree with whoever said Mike Tenay is the best announcer in the biz but have you seen him in an interview with a heel wrestler? The facial expressions he makes are hysterical. And Don West needs to come with a mute button.

Nervous Ferret
12-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah, the Benoit was kind of a bad example, but it was the one that popped into my head. For me JR is like those soccer announcers that go nuts when a team scores a goal or some of the Yankee announcers (Michael Kay) that go crazy when the Yankees comeback or just have a big inning. I really like that kind of stuff cause it pumps me up more. Really, just for the emotion alone, JR gets my vote.

Other then the emotion, yeah his stupid comments like the Taboo Tuesday thing are pretty dumb.Micheal Kay what a faggot.
See Ya. A 2 run horerun by Derek Jeter and the Yankees now lead by a score of 5 to 4.

I talk with him word for word on his home run calls. So predictable, he does the same thing every time. :nono:
________
CHEAP AIRSOFT 1911 (http://airsoft-shop.info/tag/1911)

Gouda
12-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Cole and Tazz. They actually talk abut the moves.

eg:

Raw:
JR: He's got him in a sleeper hold!
King: Yeah and I can't stop thinking about that woman's match later on! Puppies!

Smackdown:
Cole: Now he's got the sleeper hold locked in.
Tazz: This is a very smart move right there, cutting off the flow of blood to his opponents brain. Slow things down a little.

And so forth. I just find Cole and Tazz to be overall more informative. I think they also do a better job of putting over the wrestlers, and adding importance to a match.

FakeLaser
12-01-2004, 11:23 PM
HEENAN AND MONSOON 4 LIFE

McLegend
12-01-2004, 11:39 PM
I like Johnny Polo and Monsoon

corey99999
12-02-2004, 03:41 AM
tazz and cole, JR needs to get his lip fixed

123 kid
12-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Tazz and Cole commentate excellently and Tazz make's you laugh, A combine of Cole's wrestling facts, Tazz's wrestling knowledge, Tazz's jokes and Cole's occasional stupid comments make this commentating team GOLD.

JR and King's commentating about the match sucks, King always starts a subject about a match coming up or PUPPIES! But the King does make me laugh sometimes. Asides from Puppies! I'd say King's a pretty good color commentator, I mean at times he can be entertaining, a lot of funny quotes in wrestlings history have come from his mouth. JR is OK, he knows a lot about the business, but admitedly he often calls moves wrong due to the excitement inside of him, (BAHGAWD!) but he has been through several eras, and his Oklahoma accent makes me laugh :D

But overall I'd say Cole and Tazz are the better commentators, as there's less to fault about them, so my vote goes to the Smackdown team!