PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 5

Fignuts
12-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Apparently it's already in arcades. Anyone play it yet?

Jonster
12-05-2004, 08:10 PM
I haven't, but you're gonna start Ant off now.

Eunos
12-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Looks ok.

They screwed the storyline up abit though.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-05-2004, 10:10 PM
It's incredibly fun. You can save your character on these cards now, so that any mods you make to the character you won't lose.

Fignuts
12-05-2004, 10:37 PM
I heard that they actually have a port built in, for PS2 controllers.

AareDub
12-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Can't wait to play it, especially now that I found out Baek Doo Son is back in it :D

Y2Ant
12-05-2004, 11:56 PM
ADSKFLKFLSD YES

BAEK

Y2Ant
12-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Like loads of awesome characters from Tekken 2 are back, Baek, Anna, Bruce, Roger :love:

If this game could have the awesome longevity/unlockable stuff like MK Deception, it will be so fucking awesome.

One of the reasons I loved MK Deception from the start was because the fighting engine feels so much like Tekken 4 :heart:

Y2Ant
12-06-2004, 12:00 AM
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tekken5/index_e.html list of characters so far in there

Jun Kazama should be resurrected and make a comeback :(

Fignuts
12-06-2004, 02:17 AM
Asuka Kazama is basically the same character.

Eunos
12-06-2004, 05:09 AM
Woah woah woah.

Whats with all these Tekken 2 Revivals?. Arent most of these characters suppose to be dead now?

I mean come on Wang should be long gone.

Don't get me wrong i loved Tekken 2 but i think their screwing the plot here quite alot.

Ah well. I wanna play :(

Eunos
12-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Roger Jr?.. I loved Roger but this one just looks odd Ah well.

They better keep Alex out of the game though :mad:

and where the Hell's Kuma?

Dave Youell
12-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Bryan and Jin are in this, Dave is happy.

As long as they give Jin his move set from Tekken 3! Not that crap from 4, man they ruined him in 4

And i guess this is the new revamped Hiehachi:

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tekken5/character/jinpachi_e.html

Funky Fly
12-06-2004, 06:10 AM
Bryan and Jin are in this, Dave is happy.

As long as they give Jin his move set from Tekken 3! Not that crap from 4, man they ruined him in 4

And i guess this is the new revamped Hiehachi:

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tekken5/character/jinpachi_e.html
If you look on the website, it lists Jin's discipline as Karate, not Mishima Style. Sorry, Dave.

I'm guessing Jinpachi is either Hehachi's dad or his brother.

Wang is not in this as far as I can tell. In fact, Baek is the only character returning from a game in the series prior to Tekken 3 who is listed on the character page.

I'm betting Roger Jr. is a blend of Roger and Gon from Tekken 3.

I'm betting Asuka is only Jin's half-sister and therefore doesn't have the devil gene.

Blade, er I mean Raven is the most impressive new character thus far, IMO.

Dave Youell
12-06-2004, 07:37 AM
If you look on the website, it lists Jin's discipline as Karate, not Mishima Style. Sorry, Dave.

:'(

Hopefully Devil Jin will have more of the Mishina style then

Boomer
12-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Lei is the mannnnnnnnn

AareDub
12-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Lei is the mannnnnnnnn

I agree. Lei + Baek in Tekken Tag was unstoppable.

Oh, and Wang Fei (or whatever it is) is not the same Wang that was in Tekken 2. Also, I agree Funky, Raven looks pretty bad ass.

Fignuts
12-06-2004, 10:20 AM
I have to disagree about jin's new style. If you take the time to learn it, he's easily one of the top three characters in the game, as well as a blast to use. Devil Jin will probably use the old style though, so there you go.

Oh, and Jinpachi is actually Heihachi's father. And what's all this about the plot being crap? Someone explain the plotholes to me.

Dave Youell
12-06-2004, 10:35 AM
I have to disagree about jin's new style. If you take the time to learn it, he's easily one of the top three characters in the game, as well as a blast to use. Devil Jin will probably use the old style though, so there you go.

Oh, and Jinpachi is actually Heihachi's father. And what's all this about the plot being crap? Someone explain the plotholes to me.

Heihachi's father!!!!! Heihachi was like 900 years old in the last one! He's like the Mr Burns of Tekken

How could his Dad still be alive

Jonster
12-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Built in life support.

RemyRed
12-06-2004, 02:57 PM
That's retarded. Pretty soon we'll be seeing his caveman ancestor fighting.

Funky Fly
12-06-2004, 03:01 PM
I agree. Lei + Baek in Tekken Tag was unstoppable.

Oh, and Wang Fei (or whatever it is) is not the same Wang that was in Tekken 2. Also, I agree Funky, Raven looks pretty bad ass.
Not just his Blade/ninja look, but his short videos. Those ninja moves are badass.

Also, maybe Jinpachi fathered Hrihachi when he was really young like 13 or 14? :shifty:

Fignuts
12-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Jinpachi does look really old, to be fair. Also they havn't even released the profile for baek, so the reason he's alive will eventualy be explained.

Y2Ant
12-06-2004, 06:29 PM
On the Japanese section they have it up, I looked it up, and from what I gathered on the shitty translation, Baek wasn't killed by Ogre, and he spent a couple of years in hospital before being released and now he is back :o

I agree on Jinpachi though, just when I thought the game was going in the right direction by killing off the ancient Heihachi :mad:

Hwoarang looks shit with his shorter hair :(

Fignuts
12-06-2004, 07:08 PM
They should have beefed up Devil Jin, and made him the boss.

AareDub
12-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Not just his Blade/ninja look, but his short videos. Those ninja moves are badass.

Yea, that's what I was talking about. He looks like he's gonna be an awesome character to use.

I heard somewhere that Baek has been in a coma for the whole time. It's a weak explanation, but oh well. He's not a pivotal player in the main plot anyway.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Jinpachi could be his brother... Ya never know (Heihachi's) It would make sense, as him and Kazuya could be feuding over rightful ownership of the company.

Or, he could be the devil..... Or a robot..

Fignuts
12-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Or a devil robot.

Eunos
12-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Jinpachi looks more like he belongs in Soul Calibur

The Fugitive
12-07-2004, 10:31 PM
KING!!!! :love:

Jonster
12-10-2004, 10:47 AM
I saw a machine in Nottingham earlier, spend 45 minutes watching people play each other.

You get a card which records name, wins and losses, you also earn gold when you beat people and can buy alternate hairstyles and the such (they're actually already out of cards at the arcade I was at!).

Depending on how many wins you have you get a different level (you get off beginner at 5 wins). Some guy was on over 50 wins and was first dan (he had 37 wins in a row on one credit, until some guy beat him, he's now got a total of 52 wins and 3 losses!). You can't change your character if you win though, so that streak was all using Paul, he was getting at least one perfect per fight.
Also, when it's loading up a fight, there was a counter in the bottom corner (for those with cards), that said (initially) "play count: 500" and everytime they had a vs match, it went down by one - not sure what that does.
Vs play was best of 5 rounds, arcade was best of 3 (but that wasn't played, only when people were putting money in).

It seems to play really quickly, the damage taken seems to be quite odd, some moves that don't look much do quite a bit of damage, whereas some don't do as much as they used to in 4 - but a lot so. Hwoarang was used for one fight, and seems to be extremely weak now.
Also Feng Wei seems to be the man - he's really quick and his moves (even basic ones) do a lot of damage. His fighting style looks like it belongs in a Kung Fu movie, it's stylish (in some ways), but straight to the point, there's little wasted motion.

I might type more if I remember more, also I might go play it next week, half the people in the arcade were around Tekken 5 watching and waiting to play.

Jonster
12-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Also Jin's style seems to be a mix of Tekken 3 and 4.

Dave Youell
12-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Also Jin's style seems to be a mix of Tekken 3 and 4.
Ok, i'm feeling better about this now then

Y2Ant
12-10-2004, 01:11 PM
I wanna play it :(

Jonster
12-15-2004, 12:47 PM
http://rahindeed.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=99&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Vietnamese Crippler
12-15-2004, 01:07 PM
I saw a machine last night and I got a chance to play and it was SOOOOOOOO nice :drool:

Although it cost $1 to play and like $5 for the card :mad:

Boomer
12-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Yah I got to the Final Battle with 1 play (2nd try...I started over) and the new Heihachi guy or whoever beat the crap out of me. I got close once, but he has one mad crazy move that I couldn't figure out how to stop.

And I didn't pay the 5 bucks. Not worth it. I rarely go to arcades.

Y2Ant
12-16-2004, 09:32 AM
rah indeed

Mr. Nerfect
12-18-2004, 07:21 PM
I think Jinpachi is something like Heihachi after experiments and stuff done on him. Transformed by the Jacks so in a way Heihachi is sort of dead.

DaveWadding
12-18-2004, 07:31 PM
I'll see if the pizza place around the corner has it next time I go up there, otherwise they hopefully still have Soul Caliber II, which I am teh pwn at.

AareDub
12-18-2004, 10:53 PM
I think Jinpachi is something like Heihachi after experiments and stuff done on him. Transformed by the Jacks so in a way Heihachi is sort of dead.

Jinpachi is Heihachi's father. He's been mentioned in previous story lines, in fact he was friends with Wang, that's why people are speculating a return from him as well. I'm not sure how they explain his supernatural abilities though.

AareDub
12-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Actually, the official site has now officially confirmed Wang Jinrei, Bruce Irvin, Panda, and Kuma.

It looks like all they need to do is throw in Ganryu, Heihachi (I still don't think he's dead), and a mimic character like Mokujin and the gang's all here. This could shape up to be one of the best Tekken games ever.

I've also heard rumors that the console versions will have a tag mode on them as well. Has anybody else heard anything about that?

What Would Kevin Do?
12-20-2004, 12:42 AM
Actually, the official site has now officially confirmed Wang Jinrei, Bruce Irvin, Panda, and Kuma.

It looks like all they need to do is throw in Ganryu, Heihachi (I still don't think he's dead), and a mimic character like Mokujin and the gang's all here. This could shape up to be one of the best Tekken games ever.

I've also heard rumors that the console versions will have a tag mode on them as well. Has anybody else heard anything about that?

:drool:

Y2Ant
12-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah the only people missing from Tekken 2 now are Jun, Michelle, Kunimitsu, and Ganryu.

Armor King is dead (unless he does a Baek and comes back to life) and I don't think Prototype Jack, Devil/Angel or Alex will be in the game :o

Oh and Heihachi, but I heard he might still be in it.

Whatever happened to Forrest Law anyway. :mad:

Jonster
12-20-2004, 01:26 PM
He got old.

Boomer
12-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Oh and they added some cool shit to Lei that hasn't been there before. I love how they keep branching out his move possiblities more and more.

AareDub
12-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Oh and they added some cool shit to Lei that hasn't been there before. I love how they keep branching out his move possiblities more and more.

WOOO!!! Lei is still my favorite character :D