PDA

View Full Version : What if #4 The Rock's acting career would have flopped quickly?

Joe Kerr
12-06-2004, 05:10 PM
this was sent to me by Remyredassassin
Im going to say after the Mummy 2 that the rocks acting career ended there. Where would he be, which show, what feuds?

I think Rock would still be part of smackdown and the Big Show would still be a heel. I also dont think JBL would be champ. Then again Rock could go to RAW and feud with Evolution......Even be a title holder by now. Im sure a feud with Edge and Kane would also be in the cards for The Rock.

Azriel
12-06-2004, 05:13 PM
I think he would've been on RAW and you might have had Orton/Rock at Wrestlemania with Orton winning. I seriously think he might have been the one Orton would have feuded with instead of Mick.

The Naitch
12-06-2004, 05:15 PM
The Rock would feud with Evolution. Mainly Randy Orton. And if Brock was still around, he'd get his rematch. Then he'd go to Smackdown and feud with John Cena.

After beating all them sumbitches, The Rock would go digital. Log onto TPWW.net, sign up in the TNA C-fed and challenge The Cock for gimmick infringement. Seeing as The Cock won't take shit from some Hollywood dud, The Cock would defeat The Rock at ForumMania III, to be the Undisputed King Of Hollywood, and still, The TNA Champion, thanks to LC's involvement in the TNA Kliq.

BigDaddyCool
12-06-2004, 06:11 PM
He would probably be with Smackdown as the top draw. If they were smart.

These what ifs are really dumb.

The Show Off
12-06-2004, 06:25 PM
I'd say that we would be having a slow build towards a Rock vs. Shawn Michales match at Wrestlemania at XXI, and they would have turned HBK heel after he came back this past summer, and HBK would have rejoined with Triple H...

Head
12-06-2004, 06:53 PM
I think that about 25% of the people on here would be bitching about how he holds up and comers down using his backstage pull.

The CyNick
12-06-2004, 07:51 PM
I think that about 25% of the people on here would be bitching about how he holds up and comers down using his backstage pull.

nah, mainly because he doesn't do that.

Innovator
12-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Rock jobs more than any of the guys who shared the main event slot with him...except for Foley.

Gouda
12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
He wuldn't be on Smackdown because the WWE would want to use him on the Live show. Just because.

Oh and he'd also be on Raw thanks to HHH. Then Rock would be doing something like fueding or siding with HHH in an effort to make HHH look better.

Head
12-06-2004, 08:32 PM
nah, mainly because he doesn't do that.
I know he doesn't.

But as a guy who would have been constantly on top for close to 7 years, I know that a percentage of people would start complaining that he does.

The Naitch
12-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Head, you make no sense whatsover. Shut the fuck up.

Head
12-06-2004, 08:44 PM
A guy's on top for years, people will inevitably start to look for or fabricate ways to dislike him.

It's not that complicated.

Johnny Vegas
12-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Man, i'm glad The Rock's movie career didn't flop..then we wouldn't have had those memorable concerts on RAW :y:

Savio
12-06-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm glad it didn't flop neither because if it did we wouldn't have great movies like.......uhhhh.....Lemme get back to you.

John la Rock
12-06-2004, 11:11 PM
If The Rock were still (full time) around HHH would not be the top star on Raw. guaranteed

Joe Kerr
12-06-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm glad it didn't flop neither because if it did we wouldn't have great movies like.......uhhhh.....Lemme get back to you.

The Rundown

Johnny Vegas
12-07-2004, 12:22 AM
The Rundown

Yea, the Rundown was a pretty tight movie :y: I haven't seen Walking Tall yet

The Naitch
12-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Be Cool should be good

Even my non-wrestling fan friends liked The Rundown

Walking Tall was critiqued as the worst so far

DaveWadding
12-07-2004, 04:28 AM
The Rundown = the shit

Walking Tall = just shit.

Dave Youell
12-07-2004, 05:07 AM
I reckon The Rock would still be around and be one of the few upper carders who actually put talent over on a regular basis without losing any heat

Savio
12-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Rundown was ok but not great....I thnk walking tall was better by a little. They should put him in XXX (The movie series, not the style)

El Santo
12-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Rundown was ok but not great....I thnk walking tall was better by a little. They should put him in XXX (The movie series, not the style)

That's not a bad idea. Rocky has way more of a superspy vibe than Vin Diesel; he's a bit more suave, I think.

(Makes me interested in what he'll do with "Spy Hunter", though I think that movie will flop tremendously.)

And say what you will about The Rock, but The People's Champion is making more profit than any Colin Farrell movie --- whose acting career, for some inexplicable reason, hasn't flopped, but his movies sure have.

The One
12-07-2004, 09:30 PM
If Rock had come back to WWE around the time of 2003...um...I am gonna guess that Randy Orton and John Cena would both be legit Main Eventers by now...Rock has a way of elevating people...and I am sure he would be more then willing to put over two guys like John and Randy.

Savio
12-07-2004, 09:55 PM
The phone booth

""Isn't it funny? You hear a phone ring, and it could be anybody. But a ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it? Doesn't it?" [/stupid ass line]