PDA

View Full Version : Bashams to OVW? Viscera vs. Simon Dean at New Years Revolution? *Possible Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
12-10-2004, 01:17 AM
The current plans for the Royal Rumble PPV will be for Randy Orton to face Batista.

Triple H accidently costs Batista the match maybe?

Word is that The Big Show is lobbying for another title run and wants to be apart of the Smackdown Main Event at Wrestlemania. Big Show has been very outspoken since returning to the lockerroom and has had complaints about recent booking, He is apparently lobbying for a match against Undertaker.

Ugh. It should be John Cena vs. Kurt Angle for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 21.

Simon Dean will be facing Viscera at house shows over the upcoming weeks. Expect a feud to begin on RAW soon leading into the January PPV.

Krispy Kreme's on a pole match?

Vince McMahon is said to be very pleased with how Edge's recent work on RAW. McMahon is also very high on the upcoming Edge v Orton feud.

Me 2.

Word backstage at the Smackdown tapings was that John Bradshaw Layfield will retain at the PPV this Sunday. Management is very happy with his work as champion and feel he has become a solid main event player.

*starts a chant*

JBL!
JBL!
JBL!

Word is following Tuesday nights tapings. The Bashams were notified they would be sent back to OVW because creative has nothing for them.

K? So the past 3 weeks were for nothing?

Vince McMahon and The Rock have been discussing a possible Wrestlemania 21 match. Rock has been lobbying to put over a new superstar and Vince McMahon along with other parts of management are behind Gene Snitsky. Snitsky v Rock is just a rumor as of now but it'll be intresting where this rumor goes from now till the PPV.

Credit : Torch

*cough*Randy Orton vs. The Rock*cough*

Heyman
12-10-2004, 01:27 AM
*cough*Randy Orton vs. The Rock*cough*

*BONER*!!!!!!!!!!

Screw Orton vs. Triple H. We already saw it at Unforgiven.

Randy Orton vs. The Rock would be GREAT (in terms of the potential hype).

This could also be a great place to turn Orton heel again.

Just as we saw with The Rock/Hogan from WM-18, the fans could firmly get behind the OLDSCHOOL icon (in this, The Rock), and almost go completely against Randy Orton (which leads to him turning on the fans or something).

3 things achieved:

1) Orton goes back to his more natural heelish ways.

2) Orton adds another legend to his list.

3) With Orton preoccupied with The Rock, a guy like Dave Batista can "step up" to fight Triple H (a match that we haven't see so far).

Azriel
12-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Yeah, has to be Orton/Rock. I wouldn't be suprised though, if it wasn't for the Rock's movie schedule this year if they would have done Rock/Orton one on one, and Mick was more the substitute.

KingofOldSchool
12-10-2004, 01:30 AM
I mean they have the perfect setup.

Rock = Legend
Orton = Legend Killer

Not to mention Wrestlemania last year and Rock's appearance on Raw earlier in the summer where they had a little verbal confrontation.

Azriel
12-10-2004, 01:35 AM
Maybe Summerslam, depending how long they plan to keep Orton face, because having Orton heel is the only way that would really work. Sure, you could have Rock heel, but it wouldn't have the same impact.

Heyman
12-10-2004, 01:35 AM
Ugh. It should be John Cena vs. Kurt Angle for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 21.

This is where I'll have to disagree (although your thought process on this isn't too bad).

Kurt Angle has put 'over' quite a bit of people within the last few years. Edge, Lesnar, Guerrero, Big Show, etc. are just some of the names.

In other words, the novelty of "going over" Kurt Angle is no longer there (i.e. in terms of an established star becoming a mainstream main-eventer by defeating Kurt Angle).

The same applies to Big Show as well.

The ONLY guy on Smackdown that could help Cena establish MAJOR credibilty via jobbing, is the Undertaker.

That's right - Cena and Taker FACE one another.......both as fan favorites.

The match would kinda suck, but the 'desired effect' would be achieved.

My vote goes for John Cena vs. Undertaker.

KingofOldSchool
12-10-2004, 01:40 AM
Cena needs to win at Mania and getting Taker to job at Mania is like getting Michael Cole to act less homosexual. As much as you want that to happen, you know it will never come true,

Corkscrewed
12-10-2004, 02:19 AM
So JBL is schedule to retain, and the Bashams are scheduled to be sent back down to OVW? That makes no sense, even by WWE standards, so it makes me think one of them is false.

Heyman
12-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Cena needs to win at Mania and getting Taker to job at Mania is like getting Michael Cole to act less homosexual. As much as you want that to happen, you know it will never come true,

I see what you're saying.

At the same time however, would Cena going 'over' Angle really "mean" anything? (seeing as how Angle has jobbed for the past two Wrestlemanias.....for the WWE title).

Looking at Smackdown's depth chart for main-eventers

FACES
-Undertaker
-Eddie Guerrero
-Booker T
-Big Show
-John Cena (to be elevated soon)

HEELS
-JBL (not a "marquee" name)
-Kurt Angle (injury prone/washed up?)

I'm guessing that one of the faces is about to turn heel in the not-so-distant future.

Booker T gets ruled out, since he recently turned. The chances of Taker, Cena, or Guerrero turning right now are slim (since these 3 guys are practically the only reasons for the fans to cheer/care about Smackdown right now).

I could see Big Show turning heel again. Hell - he's already turned like 4,434,954 times already during his WWE career. One more won't hurt. :p

Another guy who I would LOVE to see turn heel, would be R.....V.....D.

RVD being aligned with Paul Heyman would be pretty cool IMO (although they would have to start building RVD right around now if they want him to look "credible" as a main-eventer before mania).

RVD vs. Eddie Guerrero would be sweet.

Guerrero could win the title this Sunday, and then beat JBL cleanly at Royal Rumble. Guerrero notches a few other "key" victories as well.

At WM - Guerrero does the JOB to RVD.

But as you alluded to, one can do "armchair booking" all they want, but reality is often a VERY different story. :mad: :nono: :'(

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2004, 02:33 AM
I like the idea of Cena vs. Taker. I'd then back that up with Angle vs. Shawn Michaels. Where does The Big Show go? Probably somewhere with JBL.

Simon Dean vs. Viscera COULD be interesting. I hope we see a tag team come out of this. RAW needs new teams, and since my hopes that Rosey would join Simon have faded, I can always hope that Viscera & Simon can team for at least a while.

LOL, The Rock vs. Gene Snitsky would be gold! As long as Gene went over clean with his Baby-Killing Machine, "The Miscarriage" Pump Handle Slam. He really needs to name that. "I Snit on Your Grave" is the best I can come up with. :shifty:

Rock vs. Orton would be good, and I can see the World Heavyweight Title being involved (if they put it on Orton). The Rock vs. Randy Orton, Triple H vs. Batista & Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley makes for a pretty decent card by itself. Adding Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho vs. Edge & Christian vs. Eugene & William Regal in a TLC Match as well as Maven vs. Shelton Benjamin for the IC Title, and RAW's side is shaping up nicely (IMO, anyways).

I doubt The Bashams will go back to OVW. I expect to see them win the WWE Tag Team Championship at the Royal Rumble.

I don't think The Big Show would be too vocal backstage (I'd have nor eal clue, though), because other reports have indicated he's really good to be around.

Anyway, here's what WrestleMania could shape into:

WWE Championship
The Undertaker vs. John Cena
Winner: John Cena via pinfall.

World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton vs. The Rock
Winner: Randy Orton via pinfall.

Singles Match
Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels
Winner: Kurt Angle via submission.

Tag Team Match
Triple H & Ric Flair vs. Batista & Mick Foley
Winners: Batista & Mick Foley via pinfall.

Singles Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Booker T
Winner: Eddie Guerrero via pinfall.

Inferno Match
Kane vs. Gene Snitsky
Winner: Kane.

Singles Match
The Big Show vs. John Bradshaw Layfield
Winner: The Big Show via pinfall.

TLC for the World Tag Team Championship
William Regal & Eugene vs. Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit vs. Edge & Christian
Winners: Edge & Christian.

WWE Tag Team Championship
The Basham Brothers vs. Rhyno & Tajiri vs. Carlito Caribbean Cool & Jesus vs. Rey Mysterio & Rob Van Dam
Winners: Carlito Caribbean Cool & Jesus via pinfall.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Shelton Benjamin vs. Maven
Winner: Shelton Benajmn via pinfall.

WWE United States Championship
Orlando Jordan vs. Charlie Haas
Winner: Charlie Haas via submission.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Ultimo Dragon vs. Chavo Guerrero
Winner: Ultimo Dragon via submission.

It's a little shaky, and its probably really far off, and would be way too clattered, but who knows?

Heyman
12-10-2004, 03:10 AM
Good card! I'll make a thread about this in a few more weeks. Here's what I'd do so far (kinda of a shitty card, but I'm tired. :-\ ).

WWE Championship
The Undertaker vs. John Cena
Winner: John Cena via pinfall.

World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H vs. Edge vs. Chris Benoit (part III)
Winner: Edge

Singles Match
Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels
Winner: Kurt Angle via submission.

Singles match
The Rock vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton

Singles Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Rob Van Dam w/Heyman
Winner: Rob Van Dam via pinfall.

Singles Match
Dave Batista vs. Gene Snitsky
Winner: Dave Batista

Hell In A Cell Match
Modam Hussan (the Arab guy) vs. John Bradshaw Layfield (imonlykidding;))
Winner: JBL.

World Tag Team Championship
Christian (turns face) & Chris Jericho vs. Rhyno & Taijiri vs. La Resistance (possibly with a new gimmick at this time) vs. Regal and Eugene
Winners: Jericho and Christian

WWE Tag Team Championship
The Basham Brothers vs. Big Show/Paul London vs. Carlito Caribbean Cool & Jesus vs. Luther Reigns/Mark Jindrak
Winners: Carlito Caribbean Cool & Jesus via pinfall.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Shelton Benjamin vs. Maven
Winner: Shelton Benajmn via pinfall.

WWE United States Championship
Billy Kidman vs. Booker T
Winner: Booker T via pinfall

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Nunzio
Winner: Rey Mysterio

foodstampchamp
12-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Simon Dean will be facing Viscera at house shows over the upcoming weeks. Expect a feud to begin on RAW soon leading into the January PPV.

I really hope that this is a joke.

Splaya
12-10-2004, 10:41 AM
I really think that what I want for X-mas is a Rock vs Orton fued. I mean imagine it, Orton comes out and says that he is becoming a legend. Rock comes out and says that congratulations you are becoming a legend, but your no longer the legend killer. Randy gets pissed as soon as rock says that, and as soon as Rock begins to talk, Orton comes from behind and hits the RKO on the Rock. Imagine the booing that would ensue. This should all happen the Raw after either the RR or the RAW Feburary event.

Another angle could be a face vs face match where Orton wins. Orton then comes out and says he has killed not only a wrestling legend but a movie legend. Fans shoulod turn on him after that too.

Loose Cannon
12-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Rock/Orton wouldn't work at all right now. They are both babyface and if you put Rock up against Orton, you automatically turn Orton heel, which is not good since they don't want him heel.

KingofOldSchool
12-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Rock/Orton wouldn't work at all right now. They are both babyface and if you put Rock up against Orton, you automatically turn Orton heel, which is not good since they don't want him heel.

But his face turn isn't working and you know the WWE isn't shy about turning someone only after a few months working as the opposite.

Loose Cannon
12-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh yeah, if you turn him heel, than yeah, that would be great. But, they can't do face vs face.

the_rock's_#1_fan
12-10-2004, 02:08 PM
I would love to see Big Show turn heel again and face Taker for the WWE Championship w/UT as champ, only problem is it would probably be more likely for UT to be heel by WM 21 if the match ever happens.

Heyman
12-10-2004, 03:10 PM

I'm not sure about this, but I'd have to think that even the WWE realizes that Orton was far better off as a heel (and turning him face was a colossal mistake).

-Orton vs. Triple H just has absolutely no "shock value" as far as I'm concerned (part of it, because their match has already taken place, and part of it because Orton has already been champ). Seriously - if Orton defeated Triple H at Wrestlemania, do you think anyone would really be THAT surprised? (even the "markiest of marks"?).

With Orton vs. The Rock, it makes Orton look like a "prima donna" of sorts (which could get the fans REALLY against him). If I'm completely WRONG on this (and the fans start cheering Orton over The Rock), then it makes Orton look like an even bigger face (since he would have "outpopped" one of the biggest faces in WWE history).

For Raw's WM main-event, I'd much rather see a guy like Batista or Edge win the title (making them first time champions).

In Edge's case, it should be in a triple threat match (since Triple H would presumably be champ, one more face would have to be involved......like Benoit).

If someone like Batista won the title, it could lead up to an Orton/Batista title match at Summerslam 05'.

Heyman
12-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Oh yeah, if you turn him heel, than yeah, that would be great. But, they can't do face vs face.

It would be face vs. face at the start, but the FANS would basically turn Orton heel (i.e. Orton gets upset at the fact that the fans are almost 100% behind The Rock). In this sense, it would be similar to Edge's turn.

Orton can then bitch about how *HE* is now the "mainstream superstar" and The Rock is a thing of the past (and how the fans are being disrespectful).

Truth be told - I think it would be kind of dumb if Orton did something in particular (BEFORE his feud with The Rock) which turned him heel (i.e. turning on someone, etc.).

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2004, 03:29 PM
I disagree with the whole Rock vs. Orton thing. I believe that it could work out very nicely.

Fignuts
12-10-2004, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Alienoid06]
Singles Match
The Big Show vs. John Bradshaw Layfield
Winner: The Big Show via pinfall. [/QUOTE=Alienoid06]

You know, I can't help but notice that they've really gone out of their way to keep these two separated. Which leads me to believe that show will be the one to finally take down JBL. :'( Add the WWE title to this match and that's my prediction.

[QUOTE=Alienoid06]WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Ultimo Dragon vs. Chavo Guerrero
Winner: Ultimo Dragon via submission. [/QUOTE=Alienoid06]

Oh sweet merciful christ, I hope the rumors of Ultimo returning in Jan are true.
Switch chavo with rey, and that's my pick. I know rey has gone on record as saying he's done with the division, but what better way to end his CW career other than at Wrestlemania, and against one of his biggest rivals.

Fignuts
12-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Whoops screwed up the quotes somehow. :nono:

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2004, 04:17 PM
I've done some thinking, and this is one of the ways I can see the match getting developed.

At New Year's Revolution, Randy Orton faces Edge while Triple H faces Chris Benoit. Triple H defeats Benoit, and Orton pins Edge. Then we have Triple H beat Orton after Batista helps The Game.

*The next night on RAW, The Rock shows up to kick off RAW*

The Rock: Finally..........The R....

*Randy Orton interupts*

Randy Orton: Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, WOAH! Who in the blue Hell are you?

The Rock: What y...

Randy Orton: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Orton then goes on to cut a promo with his cockiness and arrogance showing through. He compares himself to The Rock by saying hsi IC Title reign was longer than Rock's, Randy Orton won the World Title at a younger age than Rock. Randy Orton gets the girls in the crowd wanting some strudel. Randy Orton can even go as far as saying, he's the real People's Champion.

Orton then enters himself in the Royal Rumble, and says that he will win the match, and get into the WrestleMania main event and draw more ratings than The Rock. The Rock has a talk with Orton about how he's no longer a Legend Killer. Ric Flair lifted that off Orton. Now Rock's confirming it. The Rock sees it, everyone else sees it, Randy Orton is a legend. The Legend of the Homosexual, suit-wearing, mother-caring, anus-tearing, little timosuine riding piss-stealing son of a cowboy. OK, that sucked, but I'm sure The Rock can do something that makes sense. The Rock then asks Orton is he liked his little joke? The Rock proceeds to congradulate Orton for being a success. The Rock also puts himself in the Royal Rumble.

In the Rumble, Batista dumps out both Orton and Cena half-way though the match, and he goes on to actually win the match. The Rock actually wins the World Heavyweight Championship from Triple H (I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but it would sort of parallell their title swaps in 2000). The next night on RAW we see the rematch, where Triple H wins the title back with help from Batista (or you can delay it for a week or so). This sets up a potential feud with both Triple H and Batista down the line for The Rock.

That same night however (before Rocky loses the title), Orton cuts a respect promo. King speculates that Orton is sincere while JR is a little reluctant, by finally agrees with this. Orton asks for a title match with The Rock down the line before Triple H, so he can win the title and can shove it in Triple H's face. The Rock said Triple H has honoured his rematch clause, and The Rock is happy to allow Triple H to have his rematch tonight, even though The Rock has an overriding clause which says he can face whoever he wants after he wins the title. Orton looks a bit angry, but The Rock says Orton will get his shot next week.

This sets up a "I respect you, but I can't win the title anymore because of your mistake Rock." attitude for Orton. Randy then goes paranoid and convinces himself that The Rock did it on purpose, because he's afraid of Orton. We see a tag team match on the RAW one week after The Rock lost the World Heavyweight Title to Triple H (who is estatic because he believes Batista will lie-down for him at WrestleMania). The Rock & Randy Orton vs. Triple H & Batista. Orton gets the pin on Triple H, which really makes Orton remember that if this was a singles match, he still couldn't win the title. We see a tense moment in Orton's face as he looks at Rock, but nothing too serious. JR keeps telling us that The Rock shouldn't turn his back on Orton.

Eventually Eric Bischoff signs The Rock vs. Randy Orton for Mania. Randy Orton all of a sudden seems happier again, and tells Rock he holds nothing against him. Orton goes as far as saying that at Mania, The Rock will figure out while he is the Legend Killer. Randy even resurrects the "Die Rocky, Die" chants. JR doesn't trust Orton, saying that he thinks Orton will do anything to win. Orton becomes an unofficial heel if you will. At Mania we see Orton respecting The Rock with a handshake, etc. The Rock and Orton have a clean match, which Orton wins.

I don't know how Orton will look coming out of Mania. Maybe have him surprised at his win. Have Ric Flair beat Mick Foley as well at Mania, and Batista wins the World Heavyweight Title in a squash match. This sets up some good programs for Backlash.

I don't know if Orton would be a face or a heel out of WrestleMania, but it allows him to regain his momentum as the cocky character I think we all loved. I can even see a new incarnation of Evolution popping up, with Triple H the only member not to win a match at WrestleMania. Orton, Batista & Flair could work really well together as sort of those heels that still get popped anyway sort of stable. This would allow Orton to go back to the Evolution music.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Oh sweet merciful christ, I hope the rumors of Ultimo returning in Jan are true.
Switch chavo with rey, and that's my pick. I know rey has gone on record as saying he's done with the division, but what better way to end his CW career other than at Wrestlemania, and against one of his biggest rivals.

To be honest, that's my pick, too. My plans for the division can have Funaki either win or lose at Armageddon, then have the returning Ultimo Dragon win the title from whoever is champ (Funaki or Spike Dudley) cleanly. Then Funaki aks Ultimo to guide him since he's lost his way in the WWE. Ultimo agrees and also recruits Akio, who teams with Funaki (the WWE needs more teams).

At No Way Out, Ultimo defeats Chavo Guerrero, and maybe some other cruiserweights like Shannon Moore and Nunzio, in a Fatal Fourway Match. Maybe have it eliminaiton? Also on the card, RVD faces Rey Mysterio, because RVD's upset Rey Mysterio got pinned by the Bashams thrice in seperate WWE Tag Team Championship matches. The Bashams Brothers bought the tag title shot from Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki at Armageddon, and won the titles, lost the rematch on SmackDown!, then again at the Royal Rumble (because Theodore R. Long felt they didn't have time to prepare against The Bashams either time). They have an ECW Rules Match at No Way Out.

Then we see RVD involved with the US Title or something at WrestleMania, and Rey Mysterio vs. Ultimo Dragon for the CW Title. Ultimo wins, then carries on as the dominant champ.

The Answer
12-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Word backstage at the Smackdown tapings was that John Bradshaw Layfield will retain at the PPV this Sunday. Management is very happy with his work as champion and feel he has become a solid main event player.

Good lord no he has been champion long enough.He doesn't have triple H skills so how he has the championship over 6 months is unbelievable

Innovator
12-10-2004, 10:45 PM
No one can bring credibility to JBL's title reign. Period

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2004, 06:50 PM
I dunno, Hulk Hogan and The Rock could spark interest. If JBL went over them, then dropped the title to John Cena. Pow, you have an instant main eventer.

Funky Fly
12-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Not to break your balls, KoOs, but credit your sources.

Evil Vito
12-11-2004, 08:32 PM
<font color=goldenrod>If JBL retains the belt, I think that might be the final nail in the coffin as far as me watching Smackdown is concerned, until they give it to someone else.</font> :-\

The CyNick
12-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Why is the prospect of Viscera vs Nova a "newswoprthy" item?

If Rock can do a match at Mania, and they dont go with Orton vs HHH, then hell yeah I would do Orton vs Rock.

I see what LC is saying about face vs face being tricky, but if the fans want to turn Orton heel, I say let them. However, I kinda have a feeling the fans might be behind Orton in the actual match. The thing about Mania is that you are going to have a very smarky crowd, much like there was at the Garden last year. Those are the people that seem to be against The Rock, at least in the sense that they will boo him. But those are also the same people who would likely boo a babyface Randy Orton, so it would be interesting if nothing else.

Think about this, if they did go to Batista vs HHH for the title (which I really hope they do), and then Batista gets the title, and Randy beats Rock and in the process starts a heel turn, they could probably start up a decent little program between Batsita (face) and Orton (heel). Especially if they have Orton beat Batista at the Rumble, Orton could say "hey I beat you before, I'll do it again".

As for Snitsky vs Rock, I think that should only be done for comedy purposes.

Regarding SD, I think Big Show-Taker would be a fine program, but NOT for the WWE title. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Show win the WWE title, but I really think Taker's value as a top guy is very low right now. I think they should do Show vs JBL for the Rumble and No Way Out, and maybe even have Show beat JBL for the WWE title in Iraq as a way to kick start the program (JBL wins it back at Rumble, they have a rubber match at NWO where JBL retains).

Llong term, I wouldn't use Show or Taker as champ, I just dont think they can draw anymore. If they do want a babyface champ coming out of Mania, it should be Eddie (because it LA, and he's the only guy on the brand who draws) or Cena. But with Cena, I think it might be a few months too early. Although, if they wanted to, they could easily push him as the top guy in the company, he's over enough for the spot. However, I also think if they could wait till SS 05 or Mania 22, and protect him in the meantime, it would be even more valuable to put the title on Cena then.

KingofOldSchool
12-11-2004, 09:08 PM

Errrrrrrr I did. :wtf:

The CyNick
12-11-2004, 09:12 PM

I thought I seen Torch mentioned there somewhere.

KingofOldSchool
12-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Why is the prospect of Viscera vs Nova a "newswoprthy" item?

I used it merely for the comedy aspect of it.

Funky Fly
12-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I thought I seen Torch mentioned there somewhere.
Fair enough.

The CyNick
12-11-2004, 09:45 PM
I used it merely for the comedy aspect of it.

I just found it funny that the Torch would mention it

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2004, 10:07 PM
I don't know why, but I can see The Big Show beating the heels at Armageddon, then facing JBL at the Rumble. At No Way Out, I can definately see JBL vs. The Rock for some reason, then at Mania, Rock vs. Gene Snitsky/Randy Orton and JBL vs. Kane, Brock Lesnar or John Cena.

I don't know where Eddie Guerrero will fit in, but I just can't see him in a WWE Title match. Maybe Tag Titles, or some kind of interpromotional thing. Jericho vs. Guerrero could be done with both guys allowed to appear on RAW & SmackDown! leading up to it.

John la Rock
12-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Rock vs Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 21 = :y:

Rock vs Gene Snitsky = OH HELL NO :n:

The CyNick
12-11-2004, 11:18 PM
I don't know why, but I can see The Big Show beating the heels at Armageddon, then facing JBL at the Rumble. At No Way Out, I can definately see JBL vs. The Rock for some reason, then at Mania, Rock vs. Gene Snitsky/Randy Orton and JBL vs. Kane, Brock Lesnar or John Cena.

I don't know where Eddie Guerrero will fit in, but I just can't see him in a WWE Title match. Maybe Tag Titles, or some kind of interpromotional thing. Jericho vs. Guerrero could be done with both guys allowed to appear on RAW & SmackDown! leading up to it.

Rock isn't even definate for Mania, so I dont think there is any chance he will be available to do something for No Way Out.

I would have liked to see Angle get the title back, but since he's still hurting, that doesn't seen like a viable option. With the amount of time they've put in JBL, I think its pointless to take the title off him before Mania (unless its a deal where he were to trade the title with someone).

Cena would be a good option to put the title on, but I also think they would be better off having him keep the US title for a while, a long while and go after the title in the summer of '05 or Mania 22. Plus, if RAW is going to have a babyface challenger winning the World Title, I'm not so sure they should have the exact same thing happen on th SD side.

Eddie is a good option to be champ because he's the only guy in the company who actually draws. Plus, with Mania being in LA, there will likely be an even heavier Hispanic audience then there are at your average WWE show, so it would be a good place to put the title back on him. If promoted right, I think a Guerrero title chase might actually move the buyrate a little.

If Eddie isn't in the title picture, I'd like to see them do Eddie vs Benoit in an interpromotional match.

Brock would be good too, but it would be bad for morale if he were to walk in and take the WWE title. I think it might be smarter to use him in a match either against a part time guy (Austin or Hogan) and then work him into the title picture down the road.

Of course the problem is that Vince seems really big on JBL. Survivor Series did better than expected, and JBL's match was the most promoted match on the show along with the RAW 8 man match. So Ive got a feeling JBL will be keeping the title beyond Mania. If thats the case, then maybe they should go to Hogan. Hogan desperately wants to get into Mania, and I'm sure they could get some milage out of Hogan going after the WWE title one more time at Wrestlemania. Of course JBL would retain, but this match would likely get the most publicity (depending on what, if anything Rock and/or Austin do). This would possible make JBL a bigger star, and make him a more viable champion for 2005. Then they can start to set the wheels in motion for Cena to dethrone JBL sometime in '05 or eraly '06.

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2004, 04:29 AM
Rock isn't even definate for Mania, so I dont think there is any chance he will be available to do something for No Way Out.

I would have liked to see Angle get the title back, but since he's still hurting, that doesn't seen like a viable option. With the amount of time they've put in JBL, I think its pointless to take the title off him before Mania (unless its a deal where he were to trade the title with someone).

Cena would be a good option to put the title on, but I also think they would be better off having him keep the US title for a while, a long while and go after the title in the summer of '05 or Mania 22. Plus, if RAW is going to have a babyface challenger winning the World Title, I'm not so sure they should have the exact same thing happen on th SD side.

Eddie is a good option to be champ because he's the only guy in the company who actually draws. Plus, with Mania being in LA, there will likely be an even heavier Hispanic audience then there are at your average WWE show, so it would be a good place to put the title back on him. If promoted right, I think a Guerrero title chase might actually move the buyrate a little.

If Eddie isn't in the title picture, I'd like to see them do Eddie vs Benoit in an interpromotional match.

Brock would be good too, but it would be bad for morale if he were to walk in and take the WWE title. I think it might be smarter to use him in a match either against a part time guy (Austin or Hogan) and then work him into the title picture down the road.

Of course the problem is that Vince seems really big on JBL. Survivor Series did better than expected, and JBL's match was the most promoted match on the show along with the RAW 8 man match. So Ive got a feeling JBL will be keeping the title beyond Mania. If thats the case, then maybe they should go to Hogan. Hogan desperately wants to get into Mania, and I'm sure they could get some milage out of Hogan going after the WWE title one more time at Wrestlemania. Of course JBL would retain, but this match would likely get the most publicity (depending on what, if anything Rock and/or Austin do). This would possible make JBL a bigger star, and make him a more viable champion for 2005. Then they can start to set the wheels in motion for Cena to dethrone JBL sometime in '05 or eraly '06.

I think having JBL defeat Hogan would be great for his reign. I think Guerrero would make a great hunter for the title, and I'd love it to happen. I don't know how likely it is, though.

After Guerrero becomes champ, I'd love to see a heel Guerrero vs. face John Cena feud. There's just something attractive about it to me. Anyway, I can't see Guerrero as a successful face champion without some kind of classic long-winding Austin chase. If they're going to go through with it, I'd plant some more seeds for it now, then have Guerrero win the Royal Rumble. Have Batista be runner-up, then have Vince McMahon that is how the challenger for the World Heavyweight Title at Mania will be decided. So we have Guerrero vs. JBL and Batista vs. Triple H at Mania.