PDA

View Full Version : Sports Throwback Jerseys

Loose Cannon
01-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Does anybody buy any Mitchell & Ness Throwbacks from MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL or College. If so which ones do you have and where did you get them from.

DaveWadding
01-06-2004, 02:30 PM
I dont buy M&N..I like the Rewinds from Nike for basketball and the Majestic Cooperstown Collection from baseball.

Kris P Lettus
01-06-2004, 02:41 PM
My brother's got a throwback "Ironhead" Heyward Saints jersey... He had to just order a personalized jersey from the NFL catalogue..

VonErich Lives
01-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Remember when shirts of old players were discounted?

It is cool they have old college jerseys and such..

Loose Cannon
01-06-2004, 05:49 PM
My throwbacks include:

George McGinnis Pacers 1970's Blue and Yellow Jersey from M&N
Moses Malone St. Louis Spirits 70'S Orange and White Jersey from M&N
Baltimore Orioles Cooperstown Jersey from Majestic
Yankees Cooperstown Jersey from Majestic.

DaveWadding
01-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Throwbacks:

TMac ('95 Orlando, silver w/blue pinstripes) Nike Rewind jersey
Jordan (Red white and blue Bullets) Nike Rewind
Shareef (70s neon green) Hawks jersey Nike

The only Cooperstown one I wanted was the baby blue Cubs one..the 78 home jersey..but they're all gone :'(

Supreme Olajuwon
01-07-2004, 01:00 AM
I have an Eric Davis 90 Reds jersey

but Ive had it since 1990 and it doesnt fit me anymore

The Dub
01-07-2004, 01:44 PM
I have a Dirk Nowitzki Nike Rewind jersey (Dallas '87). I plan on purchasing a Magic Johnson throwback by Mitchell and Ness.

Note to consumers: Any Michael Jordan 84-85 throwback ( the one with "Chicago" written in script) you see is fake, even if it has a Mitchell and Ness patch on it. Also, any O.J. Simpson throwback you see is also fake. If you go to the Mitchell and Ness website in the FAQ section, you will read that Mitchell and Ness does not have a license to make these particular jerseys. So anyone with these jerseys have just been ripped off because they have just spent anywhere from $175-$300 on a knock-off.

The only baseball throwbacks I like are the Astros striped throwbacks and the San Diego Padres Dave Winfield.

The Dub
01-07-2004, 01:45 PM
My brother's got a throwback "Ironhead" Heyward Saints jersey... He had to just order a personalized jersey from the NFL catalogue..
I'd trip out if I saw anyone with a Bobby Hebert jersey. I would get an Archie Manning jersey if it was available. Hey, if Kobe's dad's jersey is available, why not Peyton's dad?

Loose Cannon
01-07-2004, 03:50 PM
I have a Dirk Nowitzki Nike Rewind jersey (Dallas '87). I plan on purchasing a Magic Johnson throwback by Mitchell and Ness.

Note to consumers: Any Michael Jordan 84-85 throwback ( the one with "Chicago" written in script) you see is fake, even if it has a Mitchell and Ness patch on it. Also, any O.J. Simpson throwback you see is also fake. If you go to the Mitchell and Ness website in the FAQ section, you will read that Mitchell and Ness does not have a license to make these particular jerseys. So anyone with these jerseys have just been ripped off because they have just spent anywhere from $175-$300 on a knock-off.

The only baseball throwbacks I like are the Astros striped throwbacks and the San Diego Padres Dave Winfield.

You can actually get that Jordan jersey for like $85 at some sites. I know its fake, but who is going to care anyway. I don't mind paying $85 for the fake one's when they look exactly like the real one's anyway. It's just the material that is different.

BCWWF
01-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Did anyone read that article in SI about throwbacks? Thats crazy that they are that expensive. Anyway I thought the article sucked, but some of the throw backs are cool. The Target store around here had generic throwback basketball jerseys last spring, like fake teams and stuff, funny stuff.

Loose Cannon
01-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Did anyone read that article in SI about throwbacks? Thats crazy that they are that expensive. Anyway I thought the article sucked, but some of the throw backs are cool. The Target store around here had generic throwback basketball jerseys last spring, like fake teams and stuff, funny stuff.

Yeah I read that article. I wouldn't more then $100 for a throwback and have gotten all of mine off ebay and off a few websites for less then $100. I know my St. Louis Spirits one is fake cause it's really light when compared to my George McGinnis Indiana Pacers one. You can tell that the material is different. Actually when I won the McGinnis one off ebay I got a letter from ebay telling me to stop the transaction because people are not aloud to show the Mitchell &Ness tags on ebay when selling the jersey. I didn't stop in anyway though.

If anyone cares, here is a site you can buy jerseys for $100 from

http://www.killakickz.com/page/page/791568.htm

Kris P Lettus
01-07-2004, 07:27 PM
I'd trip out if I saw anyone with a Bobby Hebert jersey. I would get an Archie Manning jersey if it was available. Hey, if Kobe's dad's jersey is available, why not Peyton's dad?

You can get Archie Manning jerseys at the Black & Gold store... It's the only manufactured "throwback" Saints jersey they make..

:y:

Loose Cannon
01-07-2004, 07:31 PM
http://www.killakickz.com/i/NFL/M_&_N_White_Manning_Saints_Throwback.JPG :y:

The Dub
01-08-2004, 12:04 AM
http://www.killakickz.com/i/NFL/M_&_N_White_Manning_Saints_Throwback.JPG :y:
so fresh, so clean.

The Dub
01-08-2004, 12:15 AM
You can actually get that Jordan jersey for like $85 at some sites. I know its fake, but who is going to care anyway. I don't mind paying $85 for the fake one's when they look exactly like the real one's anyway. It's just the material that is different.
Not the ones I've seen. It should look similar to the Reggie Theus jersey, but the ones I've seen have "Jordan" embroidered on the back. No one embroiders names on their jerseys.

Loose Cannon
01-08-2004, 10:20 AM
http://www.ctjerseys.com/images/mnjor83rd23.gif

Here is the Jordan jersey that I've seen.

sadio8
01-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Shouldn't really matter if the Jersey is real( authentic or not) as long as it looks good on you thats all that matters, well i think so anyway. :) At least on boxing day i found some local independant sports store that were selling Replica jerseys( reebok jerseys) for $50.00/canadian so that wasn't a bad price :) Had some nice throwback jerseys as well :)

throwbackmess
01-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah I read that article. I wouldn't more then $100 for a throwback and have gotten all of mine off ebay and off a few websites for less then $100. I know my St. Louis Spirits one is fake cause it's really light when compared to my George McGinnis Indiana Pacers one. You can tell that the material is different. Actually when I won the McGinnis one off ebay I got a letter from ebay telling me to stop the transaction because people are not aloud to show the Mitchell &Ness tags on ebay when selling the jersey. I didn't stop in anyway though.

If anyone cares, here is a site you can buy jerseys for $100 from

http://www.killakickz.com/page/page/791568.htm

I got jipped on that web site. i ordered a wes unseld bullets jersey like a month ago and they haven't even given me a tracking number.

Loose Cannon
01-23-2004, 03:58 PM
I got jipped on that web site. i ordered a wes unseld bullets jersey like a month ago and they haven't even given me a tracking number.

Really, dam, I was going to order a "Pistol" Pete Hawks jersey from them, but I don't know now. What did you use to pay?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-23-2004, 04:44 PM
I was thinking about buying one of those throwback Red Patriots jerseys they are selling all over the place here.

I dunno, they started selling them when the Patriots wore their throwback jerseys for one game last year. If I could find a Larry Izzo I'd get it. Or maybe a Harrison

I dont think I'd an M&N Jersey though..Unless I could get it for cheap

The Outlaw
01-24-2004, 12:58 PM
lol dave why the **** do you have a Hawks throwback jersey?

Those are ugly. :nono:

Loose Cannon
01-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah I don't really like that Hawks Lime Green one. This is the one I want.

http://www.killakickz.com/i//26.jpg

DaveWadding
01-24-2004, 01:08 PM
because it's different, Rick. :p

VonErich Lives
01-24-2004, 03:44 PM
I dunno, I can't see getting a "throw back jersey" with someone on it, who didn't play when the uniform was regularly warn...

such as getting an old Pats jersey with Harrison or such.

I'd like to get a throwback pats w/ John Hannah on it.

My next purchases are going to be non-throwbacks
Red Sox - Schilling
Astros - Clemens
Ravens - Ray Lewis
Bruins - Miller (or I may get a Red Wings Probert).

The Icon of Elisim
01-24-2004, 04:18 PM
I guess that my Shareef jersey from the Grizzlies would be considered a throw back

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Ravens - Ray Lewis
I was going to get one of his jerseys, but they all said "R.LEWIS" on the back, and I thought that looked dumb. So I went with a Michigan U. Football jersey

VonErich Lives
01-24-2004, 04:47 PM
I was going to get one of his jerseys, but they all said "R.LEWIS" on the back, and I thought that looked dumb. So I went with a Michigan U. Football jersey

Thats an idea... if the Pats win the SB, maybe I'll get a Brady Univ. of Michigan jersey...

VonErich Lives
01-24-2004, 04:49 PM
looking at jerseys... football teams on baseball jersys? WTF...

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Thats an idea... if the Pats win the SB, maybe I'll get a Brady Univ. of Michigan jersey...
My jersey is #1......I haven't seen many #10 Michigan Jerseys floating around lol

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-24-2004, 04:57 PM
I want to try to get some college jerseys with #52 (none noncustomized) on them (my number for football) But I cant find any good ones (Since Lewis's has R. Lewis for some reason, when they really don't even have that on his game jerseys)

VonErich Lives
01-24-2004, 05:28 PM
I want to try to get some college jerseys with #52 (none noncustomized) on them (my number for football) But I cant find any good ones (Since Lewis's has R. Lewis for some reason, when they really don't even have that on his game jerseys)

I'd assume it's because you have J. Lewis on the same team.

Suprised it's not that way on his NFL jersey... would think it's an NFL rule.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Pretty sure neither of them have their 1st intial

I'm not surprised it isn't a rule, the last names really don't matter. They got by the numbers, anyways

VonErich Lives
01-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Pretty sure neither of them have their 1st intial

I'm not surprised it isn't a rule, the last names really don't matter. They got by the numbers, anyways

It's pretty common practice, I'd be suprised if both said "Lewis" and neither had an initial, I'm pretty sure at least one does... it's always been common practice in sports.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-25-2004, 11:39 AM
I remember back when the Ravens won the Superbowl, they had a Lewis playing WR and his Jersey said "Ja. Lewis" haha....but now I'm pretty sure both Lewis's only have "Lewis" on the back of their jerseys..I dunno though.

-Edit....I just saw some highlights and I think I actually did see an R on the back of Lewis's jersey, not 100% sure though.

Either way the 1st intial looks dumb

throwbackmess
01-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Really, dam, I was going to order a "Pistol" Pete Hawks jersey from them, but I don't know now. What did you use to pay?

I used ATM, the shipping time was 21 days and currently its the 27th. A couple nights ago the guy who runs the site was online. I tried to talk to him. i asked him where my order was and all he replied was "You should get it on wednesday" then he turned his away message on.

Loose Cannon
01-25-2004, 11:31 PM
I used ATM, the shipping time was 21 days and currently its the 27th. A couple nights ago the guy who runs the site was online. I tried to talk to him. i asked him where my order was and all he replied was "You should get it on wednesday" then he turned his away message on.

Let me know if you get your order or not okay.

The Highlander
01-29-2004, 09:52 PM
I checked that site and it had Terry Bradshaw and Franco Harris jerseys, but no Lynn Swann jersey. I want a throwback Swann #88 Steelers jersey

throwbackmess
01-31-2004, 10:41 AM
Let me know if you get your order or not okay.

Checked my bank statement today, apparently killakickz charged me twice! And it does not appear as killakick.com, on the statement it says "Andy's VIP Auto" both are $114.99. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!!

Loose Cannon
01-31-2004, 01:50 PM
Checked my bank statement today, apparently killakickz charged me twice! And it does not appear as killakick.com, on the statement it says "Andy's VIP Auto" both are $114.99. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!!

jesus that sucks. Well I guess I won't be ordering from there any time soon. Thanks for filling me in though. Do you know any other sites for throwbacks where you can use your credit card and don't have to use PAYPAL?

There was this site called Chilltown that I ordered from once and they had great customer service. They responded to emails quickly and they shipped my order really fast. The jersey came within 5 days of placing my order. But their site has been down for a while and they weren't updating it when it was still running. I was able to use my card here and didn't have to use Paypal.

throwbackmess
02-02-2004, 01:47 PM
jesus that sucks. Well I guess I won't be ordering from there any time soon. Thanks for filling me in though. Do you know any other sites for throwbacks where you can use your credit card and don't have to use PAYPAL?

There was this site called Chilltown that I ordered from once and they had great customer service. They responded to emails quickly and they shipped my order really fast. The jersey came within 5 days of placing my order. But their site has been down for a while and they weren't updating it when it was still running. I was able to use my card here and didn't have to use Paypal.

OK i went to the bank with my friend to claim that there was fraudulent actions on my ATM card. The bank told me i had to destroy my current card and that i would recieve a new one in 5 days, which is inconvenient for me. I filled out a few forms and they told me i was getting my money back.

On the way home me and my friend were talking and I said "It'd be funny if i really do get my jersey". As i'm entering my community i see a USPS truck leaving. I get home to find a poorly sealed box saying "Killakickz.com" in marker, and my address was printed on a piece of computer paper taped to the front. Yes, I did recieve my jersey.

Upon opening, you can tell that the site is run by a teenager who gets the jersey for like $40 and sells them back higher. It might be a real M&N because it has the logo patch and its not mesh material, just like the real M&N jersey that i have seen (and felt) in NBA City in Universal studios

Overall:

Recieved Product: :y:
Price: :y:
Customer Service: :n:
Tracking Number: :n:
Availibility of contact: :n:

Ignore any other posts of me saying that the site is a fraud, I was just pist.

Also you can use credit card, i just decided to use the ATM.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-02-2004, 01:55 PM
I remember back when the Ravens won the Superbowl, they had a Lewis playing WR and his Jersey said "Ja. Lewis" haha....but now I'm pretty sure both Lewis's only have "Lewis" on the back of their jerseys..I dunno though.

-Edit....I just saw some highlights and I think I actually did see an R on the back of Lewis's jersey, not 100% sure though.

Either way the 1st intial looks dumb
what about Andre and Andra Davis on the Browns

DaveWadding
02-02-2004, 09:45 PM
I was told by a guy at my local jersey shop that they are getting 85 Bulls Jordan throwbacks in August.

Authentic- $149.99
Swingman- $69.99/$79.99 (larger sizes for a fatass like me)