PDA

View Full Version : John Cena vs Randy Orton

V
12-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Naitch's responce in my other thread got me thinking about this.

We all know it's gonna happen sometime, and can only pray WWE sucks up as much potential out of this match as they can. We know they're "the future" and their feud, when it happens, is going to be hottttt.

They've only encountered each other once so far, Summerslam 04, i was there live marking out just seing them on the same screen.

So the question is, how would you book this feud?

Not going into specifics but personally, I'd have Cena win the wwe title at wrestlemania 21 and have Randy turn heel and win the World Title at Summerslam 05 (wresltmania 21 is toooo predictable). The day after Raw while Orton is cutting his victory speech I'd have Cena come out and start building up from there. Probably have 1 of these 2 force their way into the rumble and win it even though they are holding a belt.

And, this leads to a title unification at Wresltmania 22 :drool:

Of course, my idea is probably real dumb and has a lot of kinks that need to be worked out, so post yours :)

John la Rock
12-12-2004, 01:12 AM
It should main-event many Wrestlemanias in the future. THEY NEED TO END THE ROSTER SPLIT NOWWWW!!!

Nervous Ferret
12-12-2004, 01:13 AM
It should main-event many Wrestlemanias in the future. THEY NEED TO END THE ROSTER SPLIT NOWWWW!!! :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

mike627
12-12-2004, 01:57 AM
HHH shows up and beats both of them in a 3-way dance. :nono: thats the way the WWE wolud do it.

V
12-12-2004, 02:48 AM
It would take a lot, and i mean A LOT, of incompetence on WWE's part to mess this up, devaluing gold is a hard thing to do, but if they want to, WWE can do it :(

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Both guys are really young at the moment. I think Cena/Orton is more like Rock/Triple H was in the late 90's. I nkow both guys are likely to be major draws for the company, but I wouldn't give this away for a LONG, LONG time. I think having little confrontations at dual-brand PPVs. At the Royal Rumble have them battle during the middle of the Rumble, then have them dumped out together by Batista (Orton hits first just for the sake of it), then at Mania they wish each other luck for their respective main event quality matches. This goes on for a while, maybe even a few years. Have tension build, but not enough to warrant a match.

By doing this you can really get people looking forward to Orton/Cena, and it would be really easy to summerise with easy appearances to track. Should it be a unification match? I don't know, but I could really see them having both titles in the match, and having the winner appear on both brands as champion of each (withotu actually unifying the belts).

TheNamelessOne
12-12-2004, 05:41 AM
What the WWE will do is trade Cena to RAW, only for him to start a fued with Randy Orton for no reason whatsoever. For the next 3 months they will be fighting each other in matches, one on one single matches at PPVs, tag matches with a bunch of random guys who claim to ally themselves with both of them.

Then, exactly 2 months after people stopped giving a shit about the fued, someone would win and both come out even less over than they were when they started it.

Lara Emily
12-12-2004, 05:41 AM
It should main-event many Wrestlemanias in the future. THEY NEED TO END THE ROSTER SPLIT NOWWWW!!!

Yeah and put how many people out of jobs?

The Answer
12-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Orton or Cena go Hollywood and this feud barely happens

Gouda
12-12-2004, 01:50 PM
They should first build them up as huge stars on their respective shows without any interaction whatsoever.

Then they start taking cheap shots at each other on air. Saying they are better than the other guy on the competition.

Backstage at the next co-brand PPV you have the two GMs argue over who's better. They make a little wager to find out, and voila. You have your match, and it'll be huge.

John la Rock
12-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah and put how many people out of jobs?

Most people want to see the top stars of the WWE (HHH, Orton, Cena, Guerrero, Angle, Jericho, Taker, etc) all on one show.

I would love it.

Gouda
12-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Red Herring! You didn't answer her question!

The Naitch
12-12-2004, 03:23 PM
I forget who mention it, but the idea of Orton going to SD. Cena gets jealous, and they feud whatever...

Orton has to be heel for this to work though. Cena has a schtick, a shitty one, but it garners more of a face reaction from the fans

The Naitch
12-12-2004, 03:24 PM
I forget who mentioned it, but the idea od Orton going to SD. Cena gets jealous, and they feud whatver...

Orton has to be heel for this to work though

Loose Cannon
12-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Most people want to see the top stars of the WWE (HHH, Orton, Cena, Guerrero, Angle, Jericho, Taker, etc) all on one show.

I would love it.

yeah, have to agree with you here. I've been preaching for months to end the god dam split. I can't stand it anymore. Every segment used to be great on Raw because all the good guys were on one show. No offense to all you Hurricane/Rosey fans out there, but I just can't watch that SHIT anymore. Stuff like that needs to go. If I was watching who I wanted to watch, I would have:

JBL
Eddie
HHH
Batista
Taker
Cena
Orton
Booker
Benoit
Maven
Haas
Benjamin
Reigns
Show
Edge
Xtian
Jericho
Hussan
Angle
La Resistance
Regal/Eugene
Trish, Dawn, Molly, Victoria, Lita
Snitsky
Kane
Rey
RVD
CCC
Kidman
Richards
Chavo
Flair

That's Basically It.

Kane Knight
12-13-2004, 01:49 AM
They should first build them up as huge stars on their respective shows without any interaction whatsoever.

Then they start taking cheap shots at each other on air. Saying they are better than the other guy on the competition.

Backstage at the next co-brand PPV you have the two GMs argue over who's better. They make a little wager to find out, and voila. You have your match, and it'll be huge.
Awesome.

Lara Emily
12-16-2004, 01:43 AM
yeah, have to agree with you here. I've been preaching for months to end the god dam split. I can't stand it anymore. Every segment used to be great on Raw because all the good guys were on one show. No offense to all you Hurricane/Rosey fans out there, but I just can't watch that SHIT anymore. Stuff like that needs to go. If I was watching who I wanted to watch, I would have:

JBL
Eddie
HHH
Batista
Taker
Cena
Orton
Booker
Benoit
Maven
Haas
Benjamin
Reigns
Show
Edge
Xtian
Jericho
Hussan
Angle
La Resistance
Regal/Eugene
Trish, Dawn, Molly, Victoria, Lita
Snitsky
Kane
Rey
RVD
CCC
Kidman
Richards
Chavo
Flair

That's Basically It.

Guys like Kidman, Chavo, etc... would be some of the first to get cut.

SuperSlim
12-16-2004, 08:06 AM
the roster split I still believe is a good idea. I mean if it wasn't for that then we wouldn't have the chance to see certain guys like Paul London, bashams, Funaki, no more Hurricane, La Res, we would be missin a lot of people because all the focus would be on those guys. Also if it wasn't for the split JBL wouldn't be who he is today. He would just be some guy with a gay lookin haircut. There wouldn't of been enough time to create the character that he has. Orton wouldn't be as big as he is today.

Give the roster split credit where it is due. Don't just diss it. We look at it now and see these stars but I guarantee you that if the split did not happen we would be stuck with the same ole guys at top day in and day out.

The One
12-16-2004, 11:15 AM
I'm sorry, I know I am heartless bastard...but there has been one, and let me repeat that, ONE upside to the roster split, and that is Orton and Cena have had time to grow in popularity and as being split they havn't been forced to fight yet and we can keep building up the dream match...

To me the Brade Split was a terrible idea from the start. Because we have two shows, now we have to suffer with Vince & Co bringing in new guys all the time...boring. There was a glass ceiling before, there always has been one, but it was a nessicary evil. It made breaking the ceiling that much more spectacular. I don't need guys like the Bashams, SHIT, Heidenrich, Reigns, and just about a dozen other crappy OVW bring ups. I'm sorry, but I was just fine with one brand. Would you really miss Funkai? I mean how many of us would lose sleep over not being able to see the latest Susuzki match? Raw and SmackDown now has 45 Superstars a peice...granted that include announcers and interviews...but hey ever since the Brand Extension, The Coach has gotten a bigger push then all your so called new stars. Thats the problem with this all, everyone wants to keep the extension so new stars can be born, but their not. In order to make is HUGE you need to go over the biggest names, but there can only be 4 or 5 of those huge name stars, and when 2 of them are on one show and 5 on the other, it means no one will ever be the next big thing.

I would be fine if we cut that roster from 90 down to 45 and had no more brands. I know we all will be butt hurt to not get the chance to see Paul London anymore...but in all honesty do YOU watch Velocity? That's right, everyone thought the Cruisers would be able to make it now...but no Vince still ignores them...get over it everyone. This was a failed idea...and now it's time to lay the brand extension to rest.

loopydate
12-16-2004, 11:32 AM
I watch Velocity.

The brand extension was handled poorly, to be sure, but it's still better than the alternative. I remember how goddamned sick and tired I was of seeing Austin's routine twice a week during the Attitude era. How if I had to smell what the Rock was cooking one more time...

Now that everything only happens once a week, I get more time to actually look forward to the next show. If there's a fantastic RAW, WWE leaves me in suspense for seven days until I can find out what happens next. In the past, the big twist from RAW would get played out on SmackDown, and the story would be over too fast.

Without the brand split, the only people in the main event right now would be Triple H, Undertaker, and Kurt Angle, with Shawn Michaels joining them upon his return. Without the brand split, Chris Benoit never gets the World Title. Without the brand split, Randy Orton doesn't get a seven-month mid-card title run to build up for a main event push. Without the brand split, there is no cruiserweight division (not that there's much of one now...). Without the brand split, the best heel of the last year never happens, as Bradshaw never got the chance to develop into JBL. Without the brand split, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Jericho aren't challenging for top titles. Without the brand split, Batista probably isn't even on the full roster, and if he is, he's jobbing to Mark Henry every week.

For all the mistakes WWE has made with the brand extension, a lot of good has come out of it. Would splitting the two into WWF and WCW in 2001 have made more sense? Absofreakin'lutely. Would doing away with the "Rebound" segments improve the "independence" of each brand? Of course. Would ending the brand split now and putting four dozen WWE stars out of work make more sense than leaving it alone? No way.

Now, I'm with the people who want a slow burn on the Cena/Orton feud. As people have said, this is the new Rock/HHH. Let these two develop on their own, on their own shows. Then once each man is the man on their respective brand, their WM match will be a huge draw.

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2004, 04:35 PM
I like the brand split, for the previously mentioned reasons. I like the idea that's been said on these forums before that Heat should become reserved for the Women's division and Diva segments, while Velocity is the cruiserweight show. It could work out rather snuggly. And I still think they should send Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho over to SmackDown!. Maybe Edge as well.

Zen v.W.o.
12-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Personally both Orton and Cena are over-rated anyways, and I wouldnt be able to stand seeing them headline numerous ppv's let alone any wrestlemanias.
Orton is being forced upon us, his face turn was a disaster in my view..he is not the most over face on raw, he's behind a few, namely HBK, and Jericho.
Cena and his gimmick sucks ass, his promos are annoying as hell, as he has to rhyme everything. Who could take him seriously?
Orton forces his mic work as well, it's bad.

I dont really see the big deal about these two, and if they are the future, well the future doesnt look too bright, sorry to say.

I personally feel guys like Jericho and Benoit and Christian and Edge deserve it way more. That is the immediate future..then for the far off future..well need I say anything more then a few guys currently not in the wwe but damn well should be.
But I wont name them as it's too far off for now.

loopydate
12-16-2004, 05:14 PM
The thing is, though, that Orton is talented in the ring. Yes, he was forced down our throats when he debuted, but so was The Rock. Once the initial shock of WWE's "love him NOW" campaign wears off, he'll be a huge star.

And Cena is just cursed by bad writing. He's a fantastic rapper, but the shit that the writers give him every week is worse than what you'd find in a second-grade independent writing class project. Cena, too, is good in the ring (although WWE made a big mistake when they made him tone down the F-U), and he's naturally charismatic.

If WWE let Cena get back to writing his own promos and let Orton develop on his own, the sky is really the limit for both of them.

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2004, 06:02 PM
The thing is, though, that Orton is talented in the ring. Yes, he was forced down our throats when he debuted, but so was The Rock. Once the initial shock of WWE's "love him NOW" campaign wears off, he'll be a huge star.

And Cena is just cursed by bad writing. He's a fantastic rapper, but the shit that the writers give him every week is worse than what you'd find in a second-grade independent writing class project. Cena, too, is good in the ring (although WWE made a big mistake when they made him tone down the F-U), and he's naturally charismatic.

If WWE let Cena get back to writing his own promos and let Orton develop on his own, the sky is really the limit for both of them.

I agree 100%. Both these guys are just a little short of phenominal in the ring. It's a shame all OVW's effects on them have worn off since they've been told to tone down. I read somewhere that orton can do a dropsault. That's also practically a standing moonsault and a backflip knee drop. to his arsenel. Orton can also do a great wheelbarrow suplex (to my knowledge), and if he hit one on Jericho, Benoit or Edge at New Year's Revolution I would mark out.

Orton will be huge, and if they have him develope his moves like The Rock (so people can get pinned by just a move like his modified backbreaker, crossbody, Overdive, etc.

Cena is great in the ring, but they've toned him down for his gimmick, which if he's not running is not edgy, and is not a good idea. I say let him do the Killswitch and Throwback as setups to a real Death Valley Driver version of the F-U. I really don't think the move is that much more dangerous than the DDT. All it involves is realing rolling on your shoulders. Just none of the flat-back slam stuff anymore. It'll stay that way, but realistically, it's a body slam.

Eunos
12-16-2004, 06:12 PM

No they don't.