PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Year in Review: Wrestling Forum

Azriel
12-12-2004, 01:42 AM
if this seems premature, you can all bite me for all I care. I just thought it might be a neat idea now to look back and reflect on a very important year for the wrestling forum: 2004

This was the year where the Wrestling Forum seemed to become a separate entity from the rest of the board (which seems silly when you think about because this is a site about wrestling). For years, it was mostly the casual forum that held precedence, but finally the regulars of the wrestling forum demanded to be heard. Loose Cannon led the charge by nearly winning some of the tournaments in Casual Forum (which escape me at the moment). For a short time, the Wrestling Forum even declared war on the casual forum. Loose Cannon even became a mod this year, a decisive victory in the wrestling forum getting recognition.

This year saw the emergence of the TPWW Hardcore Championship Thread, which many assumed was merely a fun, stupid, harmless thread for people to cause violence on other posters and expand their post counts. Then in April/May, when the thread looked like it might die, The Naitch developed it into the C-Fed that everyone has come to know and love today. (Hard to believe it's only been around for 6 months and yet we already made it through a year :lol: ). This last month NoJabba decided to branch out on his own with the notion imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and created his own C-Fed NCW. Only time will tell how popular that will become.

This year also saw Corkscrewed branching into new territory beside being known as the organizer of the Captions, and decided to become TPWW's Drew Carey by organizing the Wrestling Scenes From a Hat, which has been a hillarious success.

With 2004 winding down, what does 2005 hold for the wrestling board?

So, what were your favorite moments about this board?

Azriel
12-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Whoops, forgot the Rate the Wrestler. For over a hundred days, thanks to Helmsphere and Funky Fly wrestling forumers got to show their love (or dislike) for various wrestlers in sports entertainment to try to determine who is the greatest wrestler ever.

Innovator
12-12-2004, 02:05 AM
2004: The Year of Innovation

Nowhere Man
12-12-2004, 02:44 AM
No doubt about it: '04 was a hell of a year for the forum. There were all the fun new threads, and God I miss doing the captions. And there were significantly less trolls than there were in years before. But most of all, it's just been fun.

Last year all people seemed to do was bitch about Triple H. Now that we're tired of that, we broadened our horizons and learned to bitch about all kinds of other things! Seriously, though, it's been a blast, and hopefully '05 will be just as much of one.

123 kid
12-12-2004, 06:56 AM
Well, this was my first year in the wrestling forums, or TPWW for that matter, so I don't know what other years were like, but I've really enjoyed it, getting home from school, going straight on TPWW :cool:. Yeah it's been good, thanks a lot everyone.

Rate The Wrestler has been great, props to Helmsphere and Funky for keeping it going :y:.

The C-Fed's have been excellent, and hilarious. Well done to all the C-Fedders out there.

The games have been great 'wrestling scenes from a hat' and 'wrestling connection game'. As well as 'Rate the Moment'.

Caption's have been good, including some from the caption king himself 'Corkscrewed'.

Although I have only seen 1 of Loose Cannon's parodies, if the rest of them were anything like the one I saw then they must have been hilarious as well. Well done to LC for his parodies.

Overall 2004 has been excellent for me, thanks to every poster on the wrestling forum. *begins to cry* K...Keep it up. I love you all.

MVP
12-12-2004, 09:54 AM
I joined in 2003 and I didn't post in the wrestling forum all that much cause like NM said, all people did was bitch about HHH.

This year was a huge improvement and it's all thanks to everyone's contributions this year in the captions, C-feds, RTW, "Discussions", RAW/PPV threads, and even the Inter-Forum Challenge where Team Legend Killer first brought this forum together. There are some great people that post here, and that makes this forum so much better.

I'm gonna wrap up the year with the Wrestling Year End Awards after Armageddon; so either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Loose Cannon
12-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Hell yeah, this forum has been great this year. From the C-FED to Captions to Wrestling Scenes From a Hat to Heyman's Discussions to Rate the Wrestler. I know we had other things to.

We had a great array of postes this year bringing comedy (loopy, Cork, Nowhere, everyone in the C-FED, Kane Knight, fuck I can't think of others) and good wrestling knowledge (CyNick, Rob, Kayfabe, Alienoid, Heyman, MVP, Lara, Kapoutman and a ton of others, which I can't think of again).

Yeah and all the new posters have been great, well most of them. Not many problems at all this yeat, except for that MTH13 or whatever guy.

Boondock Saint
12-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Yeah, good times. Good times. Keep it up

Innovator
12-12-2004, 03:55 PM
WHAT ABOUT ME! WHAT ABOUT INNOVATOR!

fuck I'm beginning to live the character, now I know how Warrior feels

Savio
12-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Whoops, forgot the Rate the Wrestler. For over a hundred days, thanks to Helmsphere and Funky Fly wrestling forumers got to show their love (or dislike) for various wrestlers in sports entertainment to try to determine who is the greatest wrestler ever.Hey I did one too!

Nervous Ferret
12-12-2004, 04:01 PM
i joined. :D

Gone Mad
12-12-2004, 05:40 PM
It was a great year. I've been on this site for acouple of years now but this year I officially joined the forum (though I was the NewKingOfOldSkool until the site completely changed and I forgot my password). So yeah, many great posters on here and hell, not a bad job by most of the new posters and I can't name them all. Keep up the good work, guys.

Next year, prepare for the year of the Madness! Oh yeah!

LK
12-12-2004, 06:34 PM
I joined in May this year and it has been cool. TNA and NCW have produced some of the funniest shit. Props to everyone invovled. There are also just some really cool people here. Looking forward to next year.

Some special props to LC and Jabba for the C-Feds.

Shaggy
12-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Yea I must say that posting here is the most fun I have ever had. There has never been another forum where I can say ive had this much fun. Definently the C-Fed is the best thing that I have ever been a part of and I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone that has been involved in it.

Mister Sinister
12-12-2004, 06:55 PM
and you can't forget about the Forums being hacked, having Nazi's and guys complaining about Luger getting scored low, and then thinking he is the Ultimate Warrior.

And there was even...the I will stop watching Wrestling, if HHH retains at Mania Petition

Azriel
12-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that :lol:

Good thing HHH didn't retain then

Xero
12-12-2004, 08:36 PM
My first year here at TPDubDub was a great one. Loads of great threads and great fun. Here's to a great '05! :y:

Azriel
12-12-2004, 08:40 PM
This was your first year Xero? Yeah, you definitely helped made the wrestling forum great this year, along with all the other newbies.

Splaya
12-13-2004, 12:32 AM
I gotta say, this was one of the best years to spend at a website. you guys (even though we have our differences) have been really good to me but most importantly to each other today. I mean even though we spam the Raw threads, we still make it 10-12 pages each week.

The C-fed's have been amazing as that is one of the main reasons why I come on here now.

The posters here are a lot more better than casual.

One day there will be another Wrestling forum vs Casual forum battle and we will win.

SammyG
12-13-2004, 12:43 AM
i gotta thank all of you guys, especially for the captions. im gettin good laughs out of it

loopydate
12-13-2004, 12:47 AM
2K4 has been a great year. My first full year on the forums, and this place has become my go-to site. I check my Hotmail. I check my Yahoo Mail. Then, I spend hours at TPWW, reading NCW or the RAW thread or the latest ECW Reunion thread, contributing occasionally, but mostly just laughing at all the great stuff that gets posted here daily.

I can't wait until the 2005 Markies voting thread pops up. Although, I have no idea who I'll vote for in most categories.

John la Rock
12-13-2004, 12:48 AM
ya 2004 was a good year. way better than 03

Tornado
12-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Yeah it's been a fairly decent year. The captions threads used to be one of my online highlights of the week, but since the WWE changed the format of the pictures, they havn't been as great. We finally have Mods dedicated to the Wrestling Forum, which is a good thing.

Bring on 2005 and the 2005 Tipsters League.

Corkscrewed
12-13-2004, 01:39 PM
I must unfortunately announce that 2005 will not feature a Caption Archive, at least not from me. Especially if WWE is going to change URL's every six months.

But I'll still be doing captions, and Scenes from a Hat won't die.

It's been an awesome year, and I haven't even written a spoof. I need to do that sometime, though I'd need some help remembering some STUPID NOOBS. Only Dark Kane comes to mind at the moment... :lol:

Anyway, you have all been great, and it's flattering to be called the "caption king" by some (that should go to loopy or someone else... or the original caption king, Lamuella). Here's too a great conclusion to the year and a great 2005!

Dave Youell
12-13-2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah this has been a great year.

How about a mini wrestling forum award ceromony? Casual forum style.

Potential awards:

best poster
worst poster
best thread
The Kayfabeman award for smartest poster

etc

Tornado
12-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Actually, now that I mentioned it, does anyone know if we will see a Tipsters Leauge in 2005? I seem to recall Paranoid Rattlesnake mentioning it, but I hardly seem to see him post much...http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/meh.gif

Dave Youell
12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Actually, now that I mentioned it, does anyone know if we will see a Tipsters Leauge in 2005? I seem to recall Paranoid Rattlesnake mentioning it, but I hardly seem to see him post much...http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/meh.gif

I'm willing to do it.

In fact sod it, I called it i AM gonna do it

Anyone got any objections?

Mr. JL
12-13-2004, 03:01 PM
WHAT ABOUT ME! WHAT ABOUT INNOVATOR!

fuck I'm beginning to live the character, now I know how Warrior feels
When you post your wrestling media for all of us to download and enjoy... you should try to turn it into something simular to Rate The Wrestler... only it wil be 'Rate The Match' and TPWW.net can download, watch, and then rate the match.

That way we can find out which match the majority of TPWW.net believes is the best. Plus, it would be interesting to see how the Bret V. Owen matches would match up against Angle V. Benoit or Styles V. Low Ki or Ultimo V. Sasuke or RVD V. Lynn

I wouldn't mind seeing that done in 2005.

Tornado
12-13-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm willing to do it.

In fact sod it, I called it i AM gonna do it

Anyone got any objections?
Go for it...http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

I'm more than willing to lend a hand if need be.

Dave Youell
12-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Go for it...http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

I'm more than willing to lend a hand if need be.
Let it be known from here on that the reign of Dave and Tornado (DAT) has begun!!

Azriel
12-13-2004, 06:50 PM
And may God have mercy on us all :lol:

The One
12-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Clearly the best part of the year was when I would make a week return before disappearing for a month before comming back for a week...etc.

If you want to see me around more...and I know you all do...tell Billionare Funky to break out the bills cause trust me, The One don't come cheap! ;)

(Oh and the best part of the year was the great "JBL Nazi Salute Debate")

Splaya
12-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah this has been a great year.

How about a mini wrestling forum award ceromony? Casual forum style.

Potential awards:

best poster
worst poster
best thread
The Kayfabeman award for smartest poster

etc
I was going to do that, will probably make the thread tonight on raw

Azriel
12-17-2004, 09:35 AM
So, where is it Splaya? :lol: