PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to check out the TWC supershow in March?

Dave Youell
12-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Anyone in the UK going to the TCW supershow on the 19th of March in Coventry?

Just been announced that Foley is going to be there so i'm def going.

Also announced is:

Petey Williams
Doug Williams
AJ Styles
Raven

I think all the gold, silver and bronze tix have gone, but with the announcement of Foley there no reason for me not to go. I think the overall plan is to have 1 match from each promotion that TWC broadcast, so on top of that lot there will be more big names considering how many promotions they cover:

TNA
CZW
ROH
New Japan
Noah
IWA Mid-South
CMLL

There's more but i can't think of them, this should be a great show

Disturbed316
12-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Could be interesting. I take it TWC will be broadcast it?

Dave Youell
12-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Could be interesting. I take it TWC will be broadcast it?
Yeah, but i doubt they'd do it live as it would put off the potential audience

Londoner
12-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Coventry's too far for me, so i guess ill have to wait 6 months until they show it!-*makes note too watch TWC in August*

Dave Youell
12-24-2004, 05:30 AM
Samoa Joe, Jonny Storm and D-Lo Brown added

Jacko
12-26-2004, 03:55 PM
I want to see D-lO :(

Dave Youell
12-29-2004, 06:58 AM
Check out this press release:

FIRST MATCH SIGNED FOR TWC SUPERSHOW: INTERNATIONAL SHOWDOWN

CM Punk this week agreed to be part of the all-star event at Coventry SkyDome on Saturday March 19 2005 on the proviso that he was signed to a singles match against his old Ring of Honor rival, Samoa Joe.

Punk and Joe have warred throughout 2004 in some of the best matches of the year and in several classic battles for the ROH Title, including two superb one-hour draws, Punk has yet to pin the rock-hard Samoan's shoulders to the mat. However, many experts believe The Second City Saint's efforts softened up Joe, perhaps indirectly causing him to eventually lose the ROH Title on Boxing Day to Austin Aries at ROH Final Battle 2004.

Now both Samoa Joe and CM Punk find themselves in the role of contenders for the ROH Heavyweight Title, although whether this situation will stay the same come March 19 remains to be seen. Whatever happens in the meantime, at Coventry SkyDome British fans will have the chance to see these two perennial rivals square off in what should be a gruelling and thrilling one-on-one matchup.

Also signed to be part of the incredible line-up at the TWC Supershow: International Showdown are:

Mick Foley
In a special non-wrestling appearance, the former three-time WWE Heavyweight Champion and Hardcore Legend

Raven
Former WWE, WCW and ECW star, and current top star in NWA-TNA

'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles
Former multi-time NWA-TNA Heavyweight Champion and X Division Champion

'The Anarchist' Doug Williams
Former FWA British Heavyweight Champion and ROH Pure Wrestling Champion, universally recognised as the top wrestler in the UK.

Petey Williams
Current NWA-TNA X Division Champion and master of the Canadian Destroyer.

'The Wonderkid' Jonny Storm
Former XPW European Champion and number one contender to the FWA British Heavyweight Title.

Sonjay Dutt
NWA-TNA X Division high-flyer from India and the 2004 winner of the CZW Best of the Best Tournament.

This is already shaping up to be the most star-studded independent wrestling show in the UK in many years so don't delay, book your ticket today either by calling the box office on 02476 630693 or by clicking HERE to order through the TWC website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet!

Also heard that Austin Aries is tourning Europe at around the same time so chances are he'll be there