PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant heel turn?

Innovator
12-24-2004, 09:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/041222

The Sports Guy, while not rambling about blowing a load over the Patriots/Red Sox, brings up a valuable point.

Kobe needs to go Hollywood Hogan on everyone.

YOUR Hero
12-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Last thing a guy perceived as a spoiled, rich, rapist needs to do is start talking too much smack.

Loose Cannon
12-24-2004, 09:49 PM
LOL, YES. We need another heel in sports. The last was John Rocker and now he's done. 'Hollywood' Kobe Bryant. I like it :y:

John Rocker
12-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I'M NOT DONE THE ONLY THING THAT'S DONE IS THE RED SOX CURSE OF LOSING TO THE HOMOSEXUAL YANKEES.

John Rocker
12-24-2004, 10:59 PM
P.S. still get paychecks from the devil rays AAA team.

Loose Cannon
12-24-2004, 11:00 PM
lol, pretty good timing there.

The Outlaw
12-24-2004, 11:01 PM
LOL just read that in the mag i got today

Good stuff.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-24-2004, 11:03 PM
lol, pretty good timing there.
LOL yup

MoRcHeEbA
12-24-2004, 11:06 PM
lol @ Rocker

Loose Cannon
12-24-2004, 11:11 PM
what time's the game tommorrow? Anyone know

MoRcHeEbA
12-24-2004, 11:13 PM
2PM Winnipeg time

Loose Cannon
12-24-2004, 11:17 PM
what time is the game tommorrow for anyone living in reality?

MoRcHeEbA
12-24-2004, 11:18 PM
you're a big boy you can figure it out

Loose Cannon
12-24-2004, 11:20 PM
k, that was a little mean. It's X-mas almost. Sorry for the comment Cheebs :(

The game is at 3 PM EST for me and anyone else going by this time :y:

BCWWF
12-24-2004, 11:28 PM
I still like Kobe

Innovator
12-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Kobe mark

Kid Robb
12-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Be interesting to see what the Lakers do for the rest of the year.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-25-2004, 01:27 AM
k, that was a little mean. It's X-mas almost. Sorry for the comment Cheebs :(Cheeba is a jew, you can still be a dickhead and not feel bad :y:

The Outlaw
12-25-2004, 03:07 AM
lol

SO Kobe says he doesn't view this as different from any other game. Riiiiight

Also, they asked him about the corvette comment. "I don't drive a corvette and he knows that. He knows what kind of cars I drive, ferraris and the like"

Wow thank you for being a moron and providing laughter for a lot of people.

RP
12-25-2004, 03:11 AM
I'm gunna laugh when Kobe drops 50 on the Heat tommorow. Dont think he cant or wont do it. Kobe has show over those threee championship runs that he's a big game player. He can step up. Kobe's gunna have a big day tommorow.

RP
12-25-2004, 03:12 AM
BTW. Watch how everyone including ESPN jump back on Kobe Bryants nuts if he has a big day tommorow. Notice how they've basically made Kobe out to be a jackass on ESPN? (politics in sports sucks ) . Its gunna be completely opposite when he has a huge game tommorow in Shaqs face.

Crimson
12-25-2004, 12:33 PM
About the article, Simmons is my fave cuz of stuff like that,lol.
"...Kobe would intentionally miss a freethrow against the Heat and then slam a metal chair over Jack Nicholson's head as the Lakers announcer screamed "Noooooo! Noooooo!!" :D

The Outlaw
12-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Shaq is a center. Kobe is a guard. I guarantee you he will not score 50 on Shaq. Yes, Kobe is liable to drop 50. The lakers would only score 70-80 anyway though, so it doesn't really matter to me or to any of the Heat fans or Shaq himself. I'm sure hed like to stuff Kobe's stuff right back at his spoiled ass, but if he gets a W, he won't care. That is the difference between Shaq and Kobe. Shaq only cares about Wins.

Loose Cannon
12-25-2004, 03:00 PM
game on. I wanna see some shit go down

BCWWF
12-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Rectal Protruder is the only other person alive who understands that Kobe has been getting unbelievable shit from media members that have never even met him. Just because Jay Mariotti thinks Kobe is a jackass doesn't mean he is, FYI.

Kobe is one helluva player, get over yourselves

BCWWF
12-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Jumaine Jones, who is he? Is he the guy that all the Boston people were wishing hadn't been involved in the Gay Payton trade? If so, you were right, he is really impressing me in this game.

Kid Robb
12-25-2004, 05:20 PM
Kobe may have 33 at the moment, so he'll probably get around 40ish.

Won't mean a thing unless they win.

The Outlaw
12-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Kobe needs to get over himself. And you need to open your eyes and look at this from a different perspective than a guy who is sucking Kobe's dick.

BabyHugger
12-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Kobe is a piece of shit, who will always be the guy who helped Shaq win his championships. LOL Did you hear Shaq say that he wished he put in bigger visiting locker rooms when he built the arena. Shaq is the man.

BCWWF
12-26-2004, 03:57 PM
I don't know how you can still be on his ass if you watched that game. The Heat were obviously the better team, talentwise by far, but Kobe was clearly the top player in the game. I am not just talking about scoring, where he was dominant, but everything he did. Shaq fouled out purely because of Kobe, he would drive right into Shaq and get fouled every time, he did the same thing to Amare the other night. If you watched the game you would have seen the Lakers get dozens of wide open shots purely because of Kobe. Everytime he drives the lane he gets mobbed which leaves Chucky or Lamar open on the perimeter for the three pointer.

Believe me, Kobe can still win a championship without Shaq, but he is going to need better then Chris Mihm and Lamar Odom to do it. If you put Shaq on the current Lakers and took Kobe out, the Lakers would have the exact same record. Shaq is a great player, no doubt about that, and he changes the focus of a game, no doubt about that, but he also plays on a team with much better players than Kobe Bryant, and in a weaker division and conference.

Shaquile O'Neal, in case you are blind, is in love with himself. If you listen to everything he says like its scripture then of course you think Kobe is the worst person ever. Karl Malone has a giant ego aswell, he was just looking for a way out of the Lakers organization so he could sign with the Spurs and used Kobe as his excuse.

Even after that game the media is kidding themselves. I read a column on ESPN.com last night by Stark or whatever, and he said that Shaq was getting cheered more than Kobe! WHAT?! Did he not watch the game? Did he not hear the chants of "Kobe, Kobe" and the booing of Shaq during his introduction? They keep saying that the LA fans and his teammates hate him, but I have seen no evidence of that at all in the games I've seen. Then on one of those opinion shows the other day they were saying that other NBA players buy each others jerseys and wear then around, and in the past two years Kobe's has gone from the third highest worn to the seventh. If you are a brick you would miss the real point. Kobe Bryants jersey is still the seventh most bought in the NBA, theres only six people with more than him, that means that people don't like him anymore? Some may not, but obviously a lot still do.

I understand if people don't like him as a person. With the rape charges and all of the media saying that he was 100% responsible for Shaq's leaving, yeah it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that people still, even after performances like the one last night, say that he is not one of the most dangerous players in the league. They listen purely to the columnists and talking heads who tell lies about Kobe getting booed more than Shaq. I mean come on, anybody who watched that game last night has to admit that Kobe was without a doubt the MVP and didn't live up to the predictions made above.

"Kobe will score 50 points but the Lakers will score 70"
Nope, he scored a hell of a lot of points while still getting his team involved and opening up the whole court, something only Shaq is supposed to be able to do. Respect the man for his game, not for what Jay Mariotti thinks.

BCWWF
12-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Kobe needs to get over himself. And you need to open your eyes and look at this from a different perspective than a guy who is sucking Kobe's dick.

OK, you must not have seen any Shaq interviews EVER.

The Outlaw
12-26-2004, 04:07 PM
He was better at turning the ball over as well.

http://espn.starwave.com/media/nba/2004/1225/photo/a_shaq_ft.jpg

GET THAT SHIT OUT OF HERE

LOL Shaq did not get booed. I will admit, it was a semi-mixed reaction during the intro but it wasn't that way for long. He got a standing ovation. Come on, he wouldn't get booed there.

Sometimes you sound like you know what you're talking about and then other times you sound like Yash on drugs.

The Outlaw
12-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Also, when Kobe was out when they were still together, the Lakers won. When Shaq was injured and didn't play, they did not win.

But I guess you're right. You are always right and never will be wrong. :)

BCWWF
12-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Shaq didn't get booed, there were a lot of fans in the crowd who had signs and stuff thanking Shaq for what he did for the city. I will by no means say that Shaq is a bad guy, he has always been a good guy in the community as well. I was just pointing out how that column was saying that Shaq got a better response then Kobe, because the way I saw it it wasn't like that at all. He didn't get a bad reception, but the fans were clearly behind Kobe.

BCWWF
12-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Also, when Kobe was out when they were still together, the Lakers won. When Shaq was injured and didn't play, they did not win.

But I guess you're right. You are always right and never will be wrong. :)

When was Kobe ever out that the Lakers significantly won?

Also, I am always right, just like Shaq :rant:

The Outlaw
12-26-2004, 04:17 PM
When was Kobe ever out that the Lakers significantly won?
Well when Shaq was out, they had a losing record. When Kobe was out, they had a winning record still. I'm not saying they were like 20-1, but they had a winning record nonetheless.

BCWWF
12-26-2004, 04:20 PM
I don't remember Kobe being out for a significant amount of time ever though. I've seen the stat that when Shaq was out the Lakers had a losing record, but I can't remember Kobe missing more then like 10 games or so.

Don't worry though, if you find the stats I aleady know what BS I am going to say :lol:

But I have to get out and do some stuff, I'll talk to you later.

packt up
12-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Kobe would be a great heel.

The Outlaw
12-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Kobe would be a great heel.
lol word

He could be like Kurt Angle.

"Why are you people booing? I apologized to Shaq. I am the most dynamic player ever. I am the next Michael Jordan. COME ON! STOP BOOING!"

Loose Cannon
12-26-2004, 06:03 PM
^^lol

packt up
12-26-2004, 06:12 PM
He could fued with Tony Parker go down a La Resistance route.

Crimson
12-26-2004, 06:58 PM
He could fued with Tony Parker go down a La Resistance route.

:| Now why the heck would he be involved with Parker...a lower midcarder? If anything he would tag with A.I in the main events against Shaq and Kidd.

BCWWF
12-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Kobe is like the Rock, when he leaves the corporation he will be the cream of the crop and then go onto making movies

SammyG
12-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Kobe vs Shaq in a cage match... JR: BAH GAWD, KOBE JUST HIT THE RAPE! 1 2 3! HE DID IT