PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton Deserter/Criminal.

VonErich Lives
12-25-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm sure for most of you this is old news, I watch raw, but don't follow wrestling like I used to, so it's the first I've heard of it.

Here's the story, from Randy, their might be another point of view, but sounds like he tells it all..

and yes, I see his post is from may 2003, hence why I say it's probably old news for most of you.

Think this would keep the WWE from bringing Randy on a troop visit?

http://www.orton-source.com/randy/may6.html

May 06, 2003 Commentary
I was reading the fan forum (yes I actually do read what you guys say :), and I saw this question : "So whats the scoop on Randy and the Marine Corps?". Since there has been so little to talk about lately with my lovely injuries and all, I thought this question would make for a potentially interesting commentary.

I signed up for the Marines in 11th grade, and was in something called the delayed entry program. I went to boot camp in July of 98, and graduated in the first week of Oct. I got a meritorious promotion, and was a PFC upon graduation, as well as a squad leader. ( every platoon has 4 squad leaders, they are in charge of there squad more or less) My MOS (job) was rifleman, or just basically plain old infantry. My recruiter, who all of us "recruits" admired a great deal (probably because he bought us beer on the weekends) told me that I would basically be learning about weapons all day, and have plenty of time to hit the gym. My whole plan was to get out of the Marines in 4 years, then start my wrestling career. Anyway, after boot camp I went to SOI (school of infantry) Here we fired the big weapons, learned how to set up ambushes, and all kinds of field tactics. My favorite weapon was the 40mm grenade launcher that you could attach to your M16. Lots of fun firing them. Up till this point my experience in the Corps wasn't bad at all. I had met lots of people from all over, and learned to discipline myself in whatever I did. I could dismantle my M16 and reassemble it in less then a minute and a half. I could show you how to set up a clay-more mine. Basically I learned a lot of useless stuff. I should have been learning how to apply an armbar, give hiptosses, armdrags, backdrops, and body slams. I would have never thought it, but 2 years after I was learning to be a soldier, I was wrestling Billy Gunn on international HEAT. Anyway, once SOI was over, all of us soldiers got our first Orders. I was to report to Camp Horno (not a misspelling, I swear). This is where it got interesting. Basically it was boot camp all over again, but worse. I was by far the biggest guy in the Platoon, so i was assigned the 50 cal. (a heavy freaking gun). We would go on 25 mile "humps" or hikes. But you had to carry your weapon, your pack, water and food while wearing flak jackets and our caviler helmets. We would go as a platoon to the field to do different operations that would usually last a week or so. Once we stayed out in the field for 28 days. It was simply awful.

All of a sudden I realized that all those days in the gym and fun south of the border that my recruiter told me about was a bunch of BS (I did of course get fairly acquainted with the lovely little city of Tijuana) All of the things that were doing were for a definite purpose, don't get me wrong, but I finally came to the conclusion that I didn't need to be in the military. It was Valentines Day weekend, 1999. I got on a grey hound bus in Oceanside, CA, and took it to St. Louis.(I don't recommend travel by grey hound bus by the way) I simply stayed home for 82 days. Just left. After 30 days you are a Deserter, and you are basically dropped from the platoon. I returned the first week in May, and assumed that it would be weeks before I got to go home for good. Well my 1st Sgt. felt I should give it another try, and wouldn't recommend me for a discharge. He told me I would pick up in training the following day. Well, the following day came and Randy decided to sleep in. I refused to go PT with the platoon, and after a long talk with the Battalion Commander, I was to receive a special court martial for being a deserter and disobeying a direct order. Well, what I thought might take a few weeks, was about to take 5 months. I didn't even meet my lawyer for 2 months. I had my court martial on I think July 22nd. I was sentenced to 45 days in the Brig, forfiture of pay, and a Bad Conduct Discharge. They took me straight from my court martial to the Camp Pendelton Base Brig. I wont go into detail about my experience there, but there was a lot of heavy work detail and the time just went by slow as hell. I got out Aug. 28th of 99, and it was several weeks before I made it home for good. I was actually supposed to go home sooner, but on 9/9/99 I got bit by a rattlesnake while at supply returning my issued gear. That extended my stay another week. What luck, not to mention the odd date that it happened on.

I was home about 1 month before WWF came to St. Louis for a house show, and I went backstage with my father. I met with Tony Garea and Jack Lanza. Then 2 months later they called me and set up a date to fly me to Stanford for a try-out with Dr. Tom. From there I got signed, moved to Louisville Ky to attend OVW, and started my new career as a Pro Wrestler. It was such a spectacular turn of events in my life. I must say I owe a great amount of my opportunity to my father. He definitely is the reason I got involved in this biz. Now that I'm on the verge of returning to the ring after my injury, I count my blessings, remember how I got here, and who helped me along the way.

- Randy O

DaveWadding
12-25-2004, 04:28 PM
...and we care why?

V
12-26-2004, 01:43 PM
someone, i think foley brought this up during his feud with orton

ColdwaVer
12-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Never heeard of it before, don't really care. He did the crime, he did the time, it's his business at this point.

The Answer
12-26-2004, 05:48 PM
The Army sucked to him and he left.Why torture yourself in they army if you hate it their.He is now a big time superstar getting paid big money and getting chicks left and right.Ya leaving the army was a big mistake :roll:

loopydate
12-26-2004, 06:02 PM
On the plus side, now he's more than eligible to be Commander-In-Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

...sorry, VEL. Couldn't resist. ;)

VonErich Lives
12-26-2004, 06:07 PM
On the plus side, now he's more than eligible to be Commander-In-Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

...sorry, VEL. Couldn't resist. ;)

No problem Mr. Rather. :p

loopydate
12-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Well played, old boy. :D

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Yeah, Foley brought this up in their feud. I don't really have much to say about this, so I just thought I'd confirm what's already been talked about. :shifty:

The One
12-27-2004, 02:12 PM
...His choice...disagree with it. But it's his life.

Mister Sinister
12-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah, they made a big deal about this, back when he was on Smackdown, coming to Raw, since they had a thing about it, on Confidental