PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Manager of all-time

Loose Cannon
12-26-2004, 03:12 PM
We did this before a couple of times, but I don't think with a poll and I don't think with all the notable managers listed. I was watching Mania 3 the other day and with all the great managers back in the day, I want to poll this thing.

K, so hold on cause I have to list all these guys out poll_style.

Loose Cannon
12-26-2004, 03:38 PM
I think that should be enough. I tried excluding all wrestlers who became managers or managers who became wrestlers and had a more notetable career as a wrestler (Dibiase, DDP)

I also excluded most of the women, since I consider them more valet's. I put Sherri up there though cause I didn't consider her a velet.

loopydate
12-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Some great choices up there, but for me it has to be Heenan. Nobody could control a crowd like Bobby Heenan. No matter who he was managing, they got over, because he was over.

Loose Cannon
12-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Picked Heenan, although it's very close between him, Cornette, Heyman, Blassie and Dillon.

Eunos
12-26-2004, 04:02 PM
I always felt that Jimmy Hart played a Good Heel Manager.

Sometimes you would love to shove he microphone up his :) .

Heenan is up their to.

FakeLaser
12-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Bobby Heenan is by far the greatest manager of all time. Shit, he may have been the greatest heel of all time.

MVP
12-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Heenan
Dillon
Heyman
Cornette
Ellering

The CyNick
12-26-2004, 05:47 PM
To me Heenan and Cornette are way above everyone else. Out of those to, Id give it the Brain by a bit, mainly because Heenan worked on a bigger stage for a longer period of time.

Xero
12-26-2004, 09:28 PM
I really haven't seen any old PPVs or shows lately, and I started watching wrestling around the time managers were really going out (1997), so my pick is Heyman.

Head
12-26-2004, 09:29 PM
The Brain can't be beat.

Anybody Thrilla
12-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Lanny Poffo

HeartBreakMan2k
12-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Chose Heenen, with Cornette and Ellering a close second and Paul E. at third.

Honorable mention to Callis though. If not for the simple fact that I'm a mark for him.

Anybody Thrilla
12-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Ellering sucked with LOD. The Genius, however, was spectacular at all times. Bitchin' poems, too.

Boondock Saint
12-26-2004, 10:10 PM
I figured everyone would be going with Heenan so I gave Dillon some lovin'.

Gouda
12-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Some great choices up there, but for me it has to be Heenan. Nobody could control a crowd like Bobby Heenan. No matter who he was managing, they got over, because he was over.

My thoughts exactly.

*sigh* I miss managers.

Along with throwing powder in your opponent's eyes. :shifty:

Corkscrewed
12-27-2004, 12:06 AM
Maybe for a lark, Daivari will throw anthrax into other wrestlers' eyes....

:shifty:

Gone Mad
12-27-2004, 01:14 AM
Brain all the way. I hated with a passion Fuji, Wippleman (god, was he annoying!), and Sherri when I was a kid but Brain is just an all around jerk and you couldn't help but enjoy watching him do what it took to get his guy to win and of course, listening to him ragging on the opponents.

Vastardikai
12-27-2004, 03:38 AM
I will not take anything away from Heenan, he is the man.

However, I went with James E. Cornette. If there was a legitimate second best, in managers as well as wrestling minds. It's Cornette. He is the man that would make you want to just kick his ass. And that Tennis racket always got involved in his matches. In addition, when you're managing the most underrated tag team in history (the Midnight Express, who made a SCIENCE out of Double Team wrestling)... :yes:

Also, where's Skandor Aackbar (sp?) :rant:

Shaggy
12-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Went with Heenan on this one.

He is definently one of the best. And while some on that list could be other top contenders there was non like Heenan.

Stickman
12-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Mr. Perfect.

The One
12-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Heenan. There really isn't anyone who holds a light to Bobby The Brain. He was a fucking incredible manager. The only people who can really have a chance at all would have been J.J. Dillon and Blassie, but since most of us here didn't watch NWA back in the 80's...and quite frankly since I havn't seen enough of Freddie's work...this was a hands down favorite for Bobby Heenan.