PDA

View Full Version : Benoit and the Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania...

Nowhere Man
01-07-2004, 09:07 PM
With the way the whole storyline between Benoit and Heyman is starting to shape up, I'm getting the feeling that Benoit will NOT win the Royal Rumble, but will still get the Title shot (and hopefully the Title itself) at Wrestlemania.

First of all, they're building it up so that he's going to be the heavy favorite in the Rumble. By outfoxing Heyman and winning the match last week to enter the Rumble, by Heyman putting him in as the #1 entrant, and by the match that occured this week (I won't give it away here), it's shaping up to look like he can defy the odds and win. That being said, WWE almost NEVER gives the fans what they want and will instead opt for some stupid swerve.

Second of all, Heyman keeps saying that as long as he's the GM, Benoit will never get a Title shot. The key there is "as long as he's the GM." I'm getting the feeling that Stephanie McMahon is getting pretty tired of not stinking up our TVs, so it's only a matter of time before she's back as the GM of Smackdown or they pull the Co-GM crap they're doing on Raw.

I'm predicting that at the PPV, Benoit will last almost the entire Rumble, maybe even down to the last 2 contestants, but get screwed at the very end by, say, Lesnar coming out and attacking him (like Rock/Austin at RR '99). Somehow or other, Stephanie gets re-instated as GM, and Benoit ends up getting his Title shot anyways. This could be done by having a #1 contender's match at No Way Out, or just by Stephanie vetoing Heyman's decisions, but it'll probably work out that way.

Thoughts?

moshingfreak
01-07-2004, 09:11 PM
I said a while ago that my favourite for winning the rumble is benoit, but thats changed to Jericho now for some reason. *shrugs*

The CyNick
01-07-2004, 09:22 PM
I thought that Benoit would get screwed as well, however my idea was with Angle screwing him, but making it look like an accident. It would eventually lead to an Angle-Benoit tag match, where Angle does an official heel turn. Then Benoit faces Angle at Mania and he wins in convincing fashion making him the #1 contender to Brock's title, which he would win at the next SD only PPV in May.

However the word on the street is that the Benoit might be winning the Rumble so he can face Hunter instead of Brock. That would free up Brock to face Goldberg.

Ive been thinking of a couple fo scenarios, lets throw this in the bed with Madonna and see if she'll sleep with it:

Benoit wins the Rumble, after starting from #1. He does something that only Ric Flair has done, and that last over an hour in the Rumble and actually win. The next Tues/Thurs on SD, Benoit comes out and is all happy that he finally gets a shot at Brock. However Heyman is an ass, and he says that he said Benoit would never get a WWE title shot, and he meant it. So with that in mind "Chris Benoit you're FIRED".

Benoit winds up on RAW the next week and brings up the fact that he should be the #1 contender for Hunter's title, since he win the Rumble. Eventually in the weeks to come, this is agreed upon.

Back to SD, Paul Heyman is getting mad props from Lesnar for getting rid of his problems. But oh no, here comes Steph. She talks about Mania, and how Heyman and Lesnar were very smart in getting rid of Benoit. However she says even though she's no longer SD GM she still holds a key position on the Board of Directors, and they have decided to sign a new piece of talent to face him. That person is none other than.......GOLDBERG. Lesnar shits his pants, and screams at Heyman. Goldberg spends the next 5-6 weeks on SD killing people in order to kinda re-establish him as an unstoppable monster.

BasicThuganomics
01-07-2004, 10:17 PM
I thought that Benoit would get screwed as well, however my idea was with Angle screwing him, but making it look like an accident. It would eventually lead to an Angle-Benoit tag match, where Angle does an official heel turn. Then Benoit faces Angle at Mania and he wins in convincing fashion making him the #1 contender to Brock's title, which he would win at the next SD only PPV in May.

However the word on the street is that the Benoit might be winning the Rumble so he can face Hunter instead of Brock. That would free up Brock to face Goldberg.

Ive been thinking of a couple fo scenarios, lets throw this in the bed with Madonna and see if she'll sleep with it:

Benoit wins the Rumble, after starting from #1. He does something that only Ric Flair has done, and that last over an hour in the Rumble and actually win. The next Tues/Thurs on SD, Benoit comes out and is all happy that he finally gets a shot at Brock. However Heyman is an ass, and he says that he said Benoit would never get a WWE title shot, and he meant it. So with that in mind "Chris Benoit you're FIRED".

Benoit winds up on RAW the next week and brings up the fact that he should be the #1 contender for Hunter's title, since he win the Rumble. Eventually in the weeks to come, this is agreed upon.

Back to SD, Paul Heyman is getting mad props from Lesnar for getting rid of his problems. But oh no, here comes Steph. She talks about Mania, and how Heyman and Lesnar were very smart in getting rid of Benoit. However she says even though she's no longer SD GM she still holds a key position on the Board of Directors, and they have decided to sign a new piece of talent to face him. That person is none other than.......GOLDBERG. Lesnar shits his pants, and screams at Heyman. Goldberg spends the next 5-6 weeks on SD killing people in order to kinda re-establish him as an unstoppable monster.

You've said a couple of times that Ric Flair is the only person to last over an hour and actually win, but aren't you forgetting that Shawn Micheals started #1 and won the whole thing? I am surprised that you would forget something like this...

Evil Vito
01-07-2004, 10:41 PM
You've said a couple of times that Ric Flair is the only person to last over an hour and actually win, but aren't you forgetting that Shawn Micheals started #1 and won the whole thing? I am surprised that you would forget something like this...

<font color=goldenrod>He didn't last an hour. It was only a minue between entrants so the match ended up only bring like 40 minutes or so.</font>

Corkscrewed
01-07-2004, 11:26 PM
I'd really still rather have Benoit face Brock instead of having Brock go against Goldberg. But I guess they've already destroyed all attemps at making the two brands appear separate.

If Benoit doesn't face Brock, I suppose Cynic's Benoit gets fired would be okay... except SD! loses Benoit so that he can get buried on Raw. So actually, that'd be terrible!

Screw it. I like Nowhere Man's idea better.

Kane Knight
01-07-2004, 11:30 PM
I've always hated the concept of Lesnar vs Goldberg, and when you throw in the concept of Benoit hitting the Raw glass ceiling, I'm just totally :| at it.

Nowhere Man
01-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Indeed. The last thing I want to see is Benoit jobbing to that bastard. At least on SD, he still wins matches when being de-pushed. On Raw, all they'd use him for is another person to use in their futile attempt to get Randy Orton over.

BasicThuganomics
01-08-2004, 12:20 AM
<font color=goldenrod>He didn't last an hour. It was only a minue between entrants so the match ended up only bring like 40 minutes or so.</font>

Really? I had no idea. :-\ My bad, sorry CyNick, you know everything it still seems...

And to everyone bitching that they don't want Benoit to lose and get buried to HHH, Remember that Hunter is gonna be taking time off to film movies this year around late spring and early summertime I think. So with HHH leaving, I think there is a good chance of Benoit winning the title if Benoit/HHH actually happens as the main event for WMXX.

Lara Emily
01-08-2004, 12:33 AM
My guess is Benoit is the first man in and the first man out, just because the WWE always seems to hint at pushing Benoit and then bury him instead.

Kane Knight
01-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Indeed. The last thing I want to see is Benoit jobbing to that bastard. At least on SD, he still wins matches when being de-pushed. On Raw, all they'd use him for is another person to use in their futile attempt to get Randy Orton over.

Or he ends up jobbing on Heat.

Kane Knight
01-08-2004, 12:40 AM
My guess is Benoit is the first man in and the first man out, just because the WWE always seems to hint at pushing Benoit and then bury him instead.

The bitterness is strong with this one.

The CyNick
01-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Another clue to add to the speculation of Benoit going to RAW and winning the title is that the April RAW PPV is in Edmonton, Alberta.

My thinking is that it would make a lot of sense to have Benoit come in to that PPV either as the champ, or at the very least challenging for the title. However, I think it would be best for him to come is as champ, and have a successful title defense at the show. I think that Benoit should get a great reception at the Graden (because the fans there should be the type of fans that like Benoit's style). So I figure he'll look like a star in the Garden going over Hunter, and then if he goes to Edmonton and has a successful title defense there he'll look like a mega star.