PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead

Blue Demon
01-07-2004, 10:37 PM
What do you guys think of Radiohead? I think they're awsome. My fave somg by them right now is karma police

El Capitano Gatisto
01-07-2004, 10:39 PM
I think they're great. Didn't like them too much for a long, long time, mainly because their fans always pissed me off. The music won, though. OK Computer and Kid A are classic albums.

I only got into them in a big way at the start of last year. Saw them live in December and they were magnificent.

So yes, they're great.

el fregadero
01-07-2004, 11:11 PM
:-\

Real Deal
01-07-2004, 11:25 PM
awesome band. Love em.

The Destroyer
01-08-2004, 06:12 AM
Never really got massively into them, since loads of their songs depress the hell out of me.

Paranoid Android is an excellent song though. :y:

diothoir
01-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Love them.

Boomer
01-08-2004, 07:16 AM
I was kinda waiting for this topic. I' m surprised it has yet to be shot down yet. I was reading the Pearl Jam message board yesterday and not many people had kind things to say about them. But I guess I was one of them once. I too hated Radiohead for a while. But I was about 10 - 12 years old, so can you blame me? It freaked me out and I didn't know why anyone wouls watch their videos. The Paranoid Android video is not something little kids should watch, for fear of, in the words of Cartman, warping their "fragile little minds"

I had the pleasure to see them in concert in October. Wow. They are one of the greatest live bands ever because what they do doesn't translate well to live. Plus they have a plethora of different styles to choose from. Each album is so different. At the concert I heard Creep, Fake Plastic Trees, Airbag, Morning Bell, I Might Be Wrong, and tons of others from their new album. They played a bit from every album and it was great.

I suggest you go try out some Radiohead if you haven't. If you hated what you heard, listen to another album. It'll sound different and you might like it more. Pablo Honey is more punk-rock-ish(though its hard to explain their albums under one title, The Bends is electronic rock, Ok Computer is Electronica Rock, Kid A is Electronia, Amnesiac is scarier Electronica (the leftovers of Kid A, but I love it), and their newest, Hail To The Theif, is a masterpiece of all different types. I could suggest tons of stuff, but I wanna see what you guys think of them.

da_king
01-08-2004, 09:12 AM
<font color="#ccffcc">

i do quite enjoy radiohead, the music has a sureal quality about it that i like.
</font>

El Capitano Gatisto
01-08-2004, 01:49 PM
awesome band. Love em.

Not taking a shot or anything, but that's pretty strange, considering Radiohead are into all that lefty anti-globalism, anti-war stuff.

It doesn't feature too heavily in thie music, though, I suppose. Which is a good thing.

Sephiroth
01-08-2004, 02:27 PM
:y: Yeah I love them, THEY so rule :love:

packt up
01-08-2004, 03:07 PM
My favourite band by quite a way.

Anything post Pablo Honey is good to amazing.

OK Computer is one of the best albums ever IMO.

Seen them live in November and they were awesome.

Mikey
01-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Awesome

Silent
01-08-2004, 05:46 PM
I guess I'll be the first one in here to say that I think they blow.

MVP
01-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Of the Radiohead songs I know, There There, Creep, and Karma Police are my favorites.

Good News Gertie
01-08-2004, 08:28 PM
:drool: they are awesome

DegenerationY
01-08-2004, 10:25 PM
My favorite song by them isn't even on any of their albums, I don't think.

Talk Show Host is the name of the song... Love it.

Radiohead is awesome, but a bit overrated. I didn't really enjoy their new album but haven't even given it it's fair shake yet.

But yeah, any of their earlier stuff is amazing.

El Capitano Gatisto
01-08-2004, 10:32 PM
The latest album is kind of overlong, with a couple of songs I would have been happier without.

In saying that, I'm always surprised when I go to play it again just how much I love the songs that I am happy with on it. It's not a normal feeling, that's why I mention it. It's not an album that's immediately brilliant like OK Computer, Kid A and most of the Bends.

packt up
01-08-2004, 11:26 PM
My favorite song by them isn't even on any of their albums, I don't think.

Talk Show Host is the name of the song... Love it.

Radiohead is awesome, but a bit overrated. I didn't really enjoy their new album but haven't even given it it's fair shake yet.

But yeah, any of their earlier stuff is amazing.

Hell yes that song is amazing :drool:

Its not any albums no but its on the Baz Lurhman Romeo and Julliet Soundtrack.

One of the best Bsides ever written.

packt up
01-08-2004, 11:27 PM
The latest album is kind of overlong, with a couple of songs I would have been happier without.

Yeah definitely specifically We Suck Young Blood and The Gloaming.

I love the album but mostly skip those two tracks.

The Mask
01-08-2004, 11:43 PM
hail to the thief makes my head hurt. not cause it's bad or anything... just.. every time i listen to it i get headaches. it's weird :|

kid A is awesome :mad:

Boomer
01-09-2004, 07:11 AM
I can't skip tracks with Radiohead. I can't. I used to skip Pull/Pulk alot, but I'll listen to it now.

We Suck Young Blood is like rad scary. I love it. It has a clap track....how can't you love that? And the part near the end makes me want to bang on a keyboard in a song too.

The Gloaming I didn't like so much until it let off my concert. Holy Shit. The bassline in concert isn't on the ablum and it is *drool* Now I love The Gloaming.

I don't expect everyone to love everything about them. I'm just a person that loves every song my favorite bands have ever written. I just can't dislike it.

packt up
01-09-2004, 08:13 AM
I just think We Suck Young Blood drags on and is a bit of a durge.

Yeah the Gloaming live kicked ass - they opened with it - and its not terrible or anything but compared to others its just nowhere near as good.

El Vaquero de Infierno
01-09-2004, 10:28 AM
I find them boring.

Also, I'd like to take a nail-studded baseball bat to that Yorke-guy's head. I believe it would be an improvement... and would also shut his whiny-ass up.

Though, my sister likes them. She went to see them twice last year. A waste of money methinks.

Jordan
01-09-2004, 01:06 PM
CREEP IS THE BEST SONG EVER