PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker Questions.

snakeboss
01-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi, I am an Undertaker fan. But there are a few questions, I was wondering what happened with him. I started watching Smackdown around April - May because I only just had sky. I have all the Smackdown games so I noticed the Undertaker changed gimmicks to biker, now he's deadman again. Can someone answer my questions?

1. How did Undertaker turn from Dead Man to Biker?

2. How did he turn from Biker to Dead Man?

Can anyone tell me please? Thanks.

Joe Kerr
01-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi, I am an Undertaker fan. But there are a few questions, I was wondering what happened with him. I started watching Smackdown around April - May because I only just had sky. I have all the Smackdown games so I noticed the Undertaker changed gimmicks to biker, now he's deadman again. Can someone answer my questions?

#1 is a mystery he kinda started becoming a american biker then went to the gangster biker.

#2 however he got buried alive by Kane and made his return as the phenom again

Innovator
01-08-2005, 02:09 PM

1. He was out with a groin then bicep tear. In May of 2000 he interfered in the Rock/HHH Ironman Match at Judgement Day. He just came back as the biker, no real explanation given.

2. He lost a Buried Alive match to Vince at Survivor Series 2003. Kane interfered, claiming that his brother had become human and gotten soft. At Royal Rumble 2004 mind games started up until Wrestlemania XX, where the Deadman returned and beat Kane.

snakeboss
01-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks.

Do you think the reason he turned Dead Man again is because the fans hated his biker gimmick???

Innovator
01-08-2005, 02:21 PM
It's more of a farewell tour thing, going out on the gimmick that made you.

tucsonspeed6
01-08-2005, 02:31 PM
It's a shame he's gotta end with that gimmick. I really loved him as the Big Evil, Red Devil heel. I guess ending his career as a heel would suck too though. Maybe if he went as a heel for a long time, then ended in a mega face turn. That's how I'd do it if I retired.

snakeboss
01-08-2005, 02:31 PM
It's more of a farewell tour thing, going out on the gimmick that made you.

You saying that Taker's gonna leave, or you want him to?

LK
01-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Well he is quite an old guy. Would have to think that he is in the last years of his career.

snakeboss
01-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Well he is quite an old guy. Would have to think that he is in the last years of his career.

Yeah, I wouldn't want them to totally destroy his gimmick and keep him around in his sixties, much like Ric Flair now. [who's also signed on for another three years]

tucsonspeed6
01-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Old guys can still work. Flair is an awesome manager, and I think Taker has the charisma to work as one too, though with all of his gimmicks thus far, I wonder if he'd fit as a manager. Certainly if he wanted to start another Ministry, he could have a non-wrestling role as their leader. Maybe this gimmick is the grand-finale to his in-ring carreer, but I'm sure with his connections with vince he won't be leaving for good anytime soon.

LK
01-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Old guys can still work. Flair is an awesome manager, and I think Taker has the charisma to work as one too, though with all of his gimmicks thus far, I wonder if he'd fit as a manager. Certainly if he wanted to start another Ministry, he could have a non-wrestling role as their leader. Maybe this gimmick is the grand-finale to his in-ring carreer, but I'm sure with his connections with vince he won't be leaving for good anytime soon.
I would think that he will stick around but I was just talking about him as a full time wrestler.

tucsonspeed6
01-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Well in that case, he's talked about it off and on for a while now, and I totally agree with you. I'm sure with his history at Wrestlemania, he'll stick around for at least one more, but you're right...he is getting up there in age. I don't expect him to be in WM25, and I doubt he'll even be in WM23. For all you Taker fans out there, enjoy it while it lasts.

SuperSlim
01-08-2005, 03:26 PM
yeah it was bound to happen.

14+ years in the WWE minus the injury is a pretty long time. He came in the dead man and he will exit the deadman. I'm guessin that he will close the chapter at a WrestleMania. Probably not this one but at WrestleMania XXII. HE will close out puttin someone over for finally ending his streak at WrestleMania. That would be the ultimate way to go out. I mean when Austin did it at XIX it was awesome. Ending that streak against the Rock. It just makes it all the more special.

But he'll probably stick around as a figure head of sorts. And probably would do like big big matches if he were to head a new Ministry of Darkness but I doubt he would turn his character that dark again. But Taker won't be totally gone after retirin from the ring.

snakeboss
01-08-2005, 03:27 PM
For all you Taker fans out there, enjoy it while it lasts.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Rain Man
01-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi

Innovator
01-08-2005, 04:02 PM
You saying that Taker's gonna leave, or you want him to?
I'm a big Taker supporter, but the guy is getting up there in age. There can't be too many years left in the tank, which is unfortunate because he's a great talent, and besides Eddie and Angle the only reason I can fathom to watch Smackdown

Corkscrewed
01-08-2005, 07:56 PM
The reason he became Biker Taker was because he wasn't really fond of the Deadman gimmick. Biker Taker is a lot more like Mark Calloway himself, and when he came back after his injury, he wanted something fresh as well as more true to himself. Of course, reverting to Deadman came partially as a result of fan reaction.

But at least you have an idea for the real (not kayfabe, as there wasn't any) reason for him becoming American Badass in the first place. :)